• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.
  • In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Buick owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Disable the Engine stop at Stop-light

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
As I head into winter in MN curious to find out at what temperature the ASS stops. On my 2016 Cruze it won't work under 40F but I can already tell it's at least under 30F for the Regal. High temp tomorrow is 12F so we shall see....
Damn. And I am already freaking out when the low is 21 F on Tuesday morning here! :eek:

abizzle

Sustaining Member
Denham Springs, LA
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback Essence
Damn. And I am already freaking out when the low is 21 F on Tuesday morning here! :eek:
Good Lawd! If I’m anywhere with those kinds of temperatures there better be skis on my feet!

For the high here tomorrow, we’ll be looking at a balmy 76 degrees. Might have to kick on the A/C about 2:00PM

RegalMN

Minnesota
Buick Ownership
'18 Regal Sportback Essence
Well it was 8F this morning on the commute (-10 wind chill) and no ASS! So apparently the point where it turns off is between 8 and 30F. Once I get it figured out more precisely I will post it here

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
2018 Opel Insignia Country Tourer with Buick steering wheel, HMI and floor mats
Well it was 8F this morning on the commute (-10 wind chill) and no ASS! So apparently the point where it turns off is between 8 and 30F. Once I get it figured out more precisely I will post it here
I can look in the diagnostic software all the scenarios for it to be off.

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence, 1985 Skyhawk T-Type, 1982 Regal Coupe, 1970 Skylark sedan
I can look in the diagnostic software all the scenarios for it to be off.
That would be most helpful, thank you.

As another reference point, my TourX has, at times, had no ASS with outside temperatures above 35 deg F - I know there's other considerations whether ASS operates or not.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership

As another reference point, my TourX has, at times, had no ASS with outside temperatures above 35 deg F - I know there's other considerations whether ASS operates or not.
Will check it out today.I believe there are 5 scenarios for it to be off.

RegalMN

Minnesota
Buick Ownership
Will check it out today.I believe there are 5 scenarios for it to be off.
I can now verify it's somewhere between 10 and 30... Was 10 on my drive in today. Should be around 20 on my drive home from work so will get another data point then.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I can now verify it's somewhere between 10 and 30... Was 10 on my drive in today. Should be around 20 on my drive home from work so will get another data point then.
Has to be below 22 F in ideal conditions.
More info:

LLninja

Greenback Troll #1
Illini country, surrounded by bean fields
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX Essence
Maybe I'm in the minority but I don't mind the ASS (sounds like an LL Ninja thread title). It's my 3rd car with it though, so I'm used to it and do like the fuel savings. I do agree it would be nice to have an off switch though. Especially for parking.
i also like my ASS… it doesn’t bother me as much as it bothers others. My other car is a Chevy Volt which has a mind of its own at stoplights. sometimes it is perfectly silent in all electric mode, sometimes it’s wide open throttle (WOT), and sometimes it’s WOT with a sudden stop to all electric.

I hated start stop...module to disable was easy to installl so was a nobrainer. Been driving TourX for last couple weeks on a movement permit, the plan was to switch to G8 as my DD but got a month movement permit for Sierra for a buck online, so delayed plate cost of $140 for GXP tilll next year.... not crazy about going over 2000 miles on it. Been using buddys dealer plate, but kinda paranoid about someone stealing it. I am on a fixed income so spending almost $500 to get TourX a plate for a year is still too high.
If you’re on a fixed income, why so many cars? I’m retired with no job income, but my investment income is definitely not fixed, it varies every day depending on the whims of the market (5 figure swings in either direction )

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
i also like my ASS… it doesn’t bother me as much as it bothers others. My other car is a Chevy Volt which has a mind of its own at stoplights. sometimes it is perfectly silent in all electric mode, sometimes it’s wide open throttle (WOT), and sometimes it’s WOT with a sudden stop to all electric.

If you’re on a fixed income, why so many cars? I’m retired with no job income, but my investment income is definitely not fixed, it varies every day depending on the whims of the market (5 figure swings in either direction )
I am crazy, I buy vehicles but can not seem to sell them. With idiots in charge I assume things will cost more if you can get them at all.
I have a couple pensions that along with SS so
I am making about what I made when working.
I rolled my IRA into a precious metals IRA, so not making much income with metals.

Last edited:

Uniqez

Buick Ownership

There are quite a few reasons for auto stop to be disabled.Some of them might not be applicable, but will give you general idea,why it might not engage.

Attachments

• 20211207_214901.jpg
    20211207_214901.jpg
    349 KB · Views: 22
  • 20211207_214927.jpg
    20211207_214927.jpg
    361.5 KB · Views: 22
  • 20211207_214947.jpg
    20211207_214947.jpg
    339.9 KB · Views: 19
  • 20211207_215012.jpg
    20211207_215012.jpg
    395.7 KB · Views: 19

abizzle

Sustaining Member
Denham Springs, LA
Buick Ownership
There are quite a few reasons for auto stop to be disabled.Some of them might not be applicable, but will give you general idea,why it might not engage.
Well that explains how the Axxess Start/Stop Override module works. It connects to the hood pin switch harness and creates a “Hood Ajar” condition. It also suppresses any trouble codes.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
But from what you guys were saying, the "parking maneuver detected" is not working properly. :unsure:
(I always back it in other than those angled spots, so no idea.)

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
Well that explains how the Axxess Start/Stop Override module works. It connects to the hood pin switch harness and creates a “Hood Ajar” condition. It also suppresses any trouble codes.
You can get the same effect by opening the hood and starting the car. I believe bypass module has time delay normally open relay that simulates open hood during the start of the engine.

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
But from what you guys were saying, the "parking maneuver detected" is not working properly. :unsure:
I'm pretty sure this is for automatic parking assist function Opels get in Europe. Not applicable for our cars.

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence, 1985 Skyhawk T-Type, 1982 Regal Coupe, 1970 Skylark sedan
Thanks Uniquez!

Now that you mention it, I think it has never ASS'd when backing into a parking spot (usually back-in to parking spaces, the occasional front-in to the garage near door into house)

correction: just being in reverse disables ASS, never mind

Last edited:

oneartard

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Regal GD
I took advantage of Trifecta's black Friday sale last month and bought the tune on sale for $450. I asked them to tune out the start/stop. They did. I bought aftermarket LED headlight bulbs and the start/stop would cause my lights to flicker just one time when the car started back up. It bothered me. I don't know how much gas the start/stop saved me.

abizzle

Sustaining Member
Denham Springs, LA
Buick Ownership
Now that I have Trifecta Tune and my ASS has been permanently disabled, I would like to sell my Axxess Start/Stop Override module. The part number is AXSSO-GM and it is compatible with 2018-2019 Regals and I’m assuming the TourX. It will most likely work with 2020 models, even though they aren’t listed on the box.

I’ll sell it for $75 (includes shipping to Continental US)

I paid $110 for it 3 months ago.

RegalMN

Minnesota
Buick Ownership
Has to be below 22 F in ideal conditions.
More info:
No ASS at 18 degrees today. So maybe the cutoff is 20???