• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.
  • In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Buick owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Disable the Engine stop at Stop-light

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
No ASS at 18 degrees today. So maybe the cutoff is 20???
Any idea what is the state of charge and if the HVAC was working hard? :unsure:
It is easy to call when it works, but there are just way too many variables when it is not. 😅

RegalMN

Minnesota
Buick Ownership
'18 Regal Sportback Essence
Any idea what is the state of charge and if the HVAC was working hard? :unsure:
It is easy to call when it works, but there are just way too many variables when it is not. 😅
Charge should have been fine and HVAC shouldn't have been working too hard.

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence, 1985 Skyhawk T-Type, 1982 Regal Coupe, 1970 Skylark sedan
There are quite a few reasons for auto stop to be disabled.Some of them might not be applicable, but will give you general idea,why it might not engage.
I've been trying various combinations of this to try to determine if my battery is going - wow, that's a lot of possible combinations. ASS is still not engaging. I really kinda like that, and all electrical systems and battery seem fine (I didn't say that), and if the voltage indicator is not really telling me the story, guess I'll have to bring it in.

Wondering if the battery didn't want to start the car, if one of those battery jump packs would work on a TourX - ?

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I've been trying various combinations of this to try to determine if my battery is going - wow, that's a lot of possible combinations. ASS is still not engaging. I really kinda like that, and all electrical systems and battery seem fine (I didn't say that), and if the voltage indicator is not really telling me the story, guess I'll have to bring it in.

Wondering if the battery didn't want to start the car, if one of those battery jump packs would work on a TourX - ?
When you mention the voltage indicator, was the engine running?

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence, 1985 Skyhawk T-Type, 1982 Regal Coupe, 1970 Skylark sedan
When you mention the voltage indicator, was the engine running?
Yes. 14.4-14.6 volts on the display if I remember correctly

Last edited:

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Yes. 14.4-14.6 volts on the display if I remember correctly
That would mean the charging system is working.
Try again with the engine not running and turn the vehicle to service mode by press and hold the start button without stepping on the brake for a few seconds.
Once that LED turns green, then it is in service mode. (If it turns amber, then you are in accessory mode. Got to start over by pressing and holding the button longer until it goes green.)

RegalMN

Minnesota
Buick Ownership
'18 Regal Sportback Essence
I swear mine worked at 11-12 F last year. Trifecta tune now.
Since my post I have seen it work as low as 17F but not at 12F. Long winter ahead to test it out!

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
That would mean the charging system is working.
Try again with the engine not running and turn the vehicle to service mode by press and hold the start button without stepping on the brake for a few seconds.
Once that LED turns green, then it is in service mode. (If it turns amber, then you are in accessory mode. Got to start over by pressing and holding the button longer until it goes green.)
Agree. Also it showed 13.4 upon (easy) start of the engine today after it sat for a few days. It then showed a steady increase to about 14.4.

What do I do when it is in service mode? Will putting it in service mode mess anything else up?

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Agree. Also it showed 13.4 upon (easy) start of the engine today after it sat for a few days. It then showed a steady increase to about 14.4.

What do I do when it is in service mode? Will putting it in service mode mess anything else up?
When you are in service mode, that is essentially the same as turn to the ON position like the old days when we use physical keys without the engine cranked.
Then you can navigate the driver's information center to look at the battery voltage.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
It's been reported on here that consistent really high voltage reading when car is running is a sign that the battery is going bad or an indication that a module in the charging system is going bad and overcharging the battery which kills it. Anyway, overcharging situation seems to also turn off the auto-start-stop system. Mine regularly fluctuates on the gauge (I have GS cluster with V gauge showing) from 13+ volts to 14+ volts, it never hangs at 14+ volts on my 30 mile commute unless the headlights are on....but I also run a Range Tech module so the auto-start-stop is disabled anyway.

Last edited:

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
When you are in service mode, that is essentially the same as turn to the ON position like the old days when we use physical keys without the engine cranked.
Then you can navigate the driver's information center to look at the battery voltage.
Thanks D2. That is a good reminder, and way to remember service mode in reference to the old physical-keys days (that's weird to type)

After the TourX was driven a little yesterday and sat out in about 30 deg F local, temporal climate last nightm - it showed 11.7 volts.

Seems like it's time to go to the dealership - I assume it's not a huge hurry - will do in the new year and carry around the portable jumper in the meantime just in case.

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
It's been reported on here that consistent really high voltage reading when car is running is a sign that the battery is going bad or an indication that a module in the charging system is going bad and overcharging the battery which kills it. Anyway, overcharging situation seems to also turn off the auto-start-stop system. Mine regularly fluctuates on the gauge (I have GS cluster with V gauge showing) from 13+ volts to 14+ volts, it never hangs at 14+ volts on my 30 mile commute unless the headlights are on....but I also run a Range Tech module so the auto-start-stop is disabled anyway.
That's good to know, thanks. Confirms I bring it to dealership in early 2022.

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
That's good to know, thanks. Confirms I bring it to dealership in early 2022.

@garbageguy I'm on my third battery and have also had the battery module replaced. This month I'm still getting this error showing the battery is low. I am now regularly getting charge levels above 14 volts.

Before my other two battery replacements, I went to AutoZone and had them check the battery for free and they had verified the battery(s) were bad.

You may also want to check your email to see if you get a report emailed monthly from OnStar Services. The email is entitled "Your {December} Diagnostics Report from your Buick Regal Tour X".

I do not subscribe to OnStar. It's easy to miss on the email, but it does indicate the condition of your battery. I brought these emails (when booking my service appointments) which backed up my claim that the battery was bad. See photo.

Looks like I'm probably in line for my fourth battery. And I'm just out of warranty...wonderful.

Screenshot_20211221-103950~2.png

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Thanks D2. That is a good reminder, and way to remember service mode in reference to the old physical-keys days (that's weird to type)

After the TourX was driven a little yesterday and sat out in about 30 deg F local, temporal climate last nightm - it showed 11.7 volts.

Seems like it's time to go to the dealership - I assume it's not a huge hurry - will do in the new year and carry around the portable jumper in the meantime just in case.
Under 12 volt is a sure sign.
Best of luck, mate.

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
Thanks all. Good info, and yes Fava - I do get those emails, I'll go thru 'em.

Anybody know if I could expect to be able to jump this stock 2019 TourX if I was in a pinch before I can get it to the dealer? There's a lot about this vehicle that is special

Jack GS

SUPPORTING MEMBER
Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Anybody know if I could expect to be able to jump this stock 2019 TourX if I was in a pinch before I can get it to the dealer? There's a lot about this vehicle that is special
Yes. Just ensure you connect leads to the grounding rod and positive terminal on the battery.

Connecting both leads to the battery can ruin the battery sensor and backfeed the system. I have heard of some control modules being fried because of this, totally bricking a vehicle. Look at the manual...

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Strangely, mine is also not kicking in now, even the temperature is above freezing.
Perhaps it is time for the trickle charger again tomorrow.

nightingale7

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback
Now that I have Trifecta Tune and my ASS has been permanently disabled, I would like to sell my Axxess Start/Stop Override module. The part number is AXSSO-GM and it is compatible with 2018-2019 Regals and I’m assuming the TourX. It will most likely work with 2020 models, even though they aren’t listed on the box.

I’ll sell it for $75 (includes shipping to Continental US)

I paid $110 for it 3 months ago.
I would be interested in purchasing your Axxess module. We just bought a 2018 Sportback and we HATE the ASS feature! We've been looking for a way to disable it. We also just had the alternator and battery replaced for a whopping $750, which thankfully was covered under the used car warranty.

abizzle

Sustaining Member
Denham Springs, LA
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback Essence
I would be interested in purchasing your Axxess module. We just bought a 2018 Sportback and we HATE the ASS feature! We've been looking for a way to disable it. We also just had the alternator and battery replaced for a whopping $750, which thankfully was covered under the used
I sent you a PM.