• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Edited: What Are Your Favorite TourX Surprises?

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
What sunglass holder? My Essence has an unmovable plate over what is a sunglass holder area, however I have the moon roof and figured that must get in the way of a working sunglass holder???? I should pop it off to see whats under there.
No roof in mine, so I'd guess the moonroof models don't have it. Bummer. Maybe you can mod it, though.

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
So is there a manual/mechanical override if the sunroof is stuck open or are we SOL (like the fuel filler door)?

gobluetwo

A Regular
IL
Buick Ownership
none
No roof in mine, so I'd guess the moonroof models don't have it. Bummer. Maybe you can mod it, though.
One thing I never had any use for was a grab handle on the driver's side (although on RHD models, I guess that would be the passenger side and, therefore, useful!). In my old 2003 Passat wagon, you could buy a sunglasses holder to replace the grab handle. I wonder if there is a similar option with the Insignia. Also looks like there are "universal" ones on ebay, although color and fit would be questionable.

California TourX

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
1. Okay - so I traded in my faithful RDX after 12 easy years of ownership for an '18.5 TourX on Friday. Thanks everyone here for the great info, and to our forum sponsor - I'm gonna take out a membership for at least a year. Essence in Smoked Pearl Metallic.

I was detailing it yesterday and noticed something very interesting in my left front cupholder. Was gonna post a pic but didn't want to spoil the surprise. Does anyone else notice anything interesting in the bottom of that cupholder? Why is it there? Any clues? I'm guessing it's an Opel thing, but maybe someone else can shed some light on it.

2. What are your favorite TourX surprises? Above is one of my mine. Also, man but I love the night lighting in my TourX interior. Wow. I didn't know a car could look that cool on the inside. Super impressed with the great job GM did on this ride. I hope they keep making them. Even if not, right now sure is the perfect time to get one.
I was probably not paying attention when I was shown this, but the illuminated Buick emblem under the rear hatch for hand-free opening. (I think this is an Essence only feature.)

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
1. The "end call" button also functions as a mute for the stereo so your hands don't need to leave the wheel. Cool. Found that the first week but hadn't shared.

2. Watched an Insignia review today that someone posted here and discovered there's a change tray on the driver door just beneath the hatch remote button. I thought that little swoop was just a design accent.

3. Perhaps another stupid one but maybe this will help someone else: finally figured out I've probably been kicking under the hatch in the wrong place to open it — this is why I was having such a challenge with it. Stupid me, I figured directly under the center of the hatch was the most logical place to activate the remote open feature. After some closer examination with the bat signal on, the active area is actually directly beneath the far left of one's license plate.

IanMitch

Buick Ownership
1979 LeSabre, 2010 Enclave, 2018 TourX
For those who don't prefer the engine stop feature, pump the brakes while stopped and the car restarts.

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Watched an Insignia review today that someone posted here and discovered there's a change tray on the driver door just beneath the hatch remote button.
I wondered what the true purpose of that was. I use it as a trash can for used tissues.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
For those who don't prefer the engine stop feature, pump the brakes while stopped and the car restarts.
And I noticed you don't even have to fully release the brake to make this happen, that's neat! Just a light pump.

SpencerK

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
What sunglass holder? My Essence has an unmovable plate over what is a sunglass holder area, however I have the moon roof and figured that must get in the way of a working sunglass holder???? I should pop it off to see whats under there.
I have the sunglass holder, but no moon roof, so I am sure you're correct, something related to moon roof is in there.

CypherSpider

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
My favorite surprise is if you are using Apple CarPlay / Android Auto and you press a button that takes the infotainment screen to something else you don’t have to click all over the place to get back where you were like in my Honda. For instance I have Waze up and I press the climate button down in the lower climate controlled section the full climate controls screen comes up after I make my adjustment I can quickly get back to Waze. All I have to do is press and hold the home button to the left of the central volume knob and it takes me back to CarPlay and right to the last app I had open in this case Waze.

murf5048

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Tourx Essence C1&2, Sights & Sounds
Just noticed today on a very dirty black essence that the manufacturer included little vinyl rectangular patches behind all door handles to prevent scratching the paint with your fingernails......nice touch! I didn’t even notice when car was clean! Also noticed extra trim piece on doors so you don’t bang up the car parked next to you.......imho not needed as I NEVER would whack my door on another vehicle! Actually always make a concerted effort to park nowhere near anyone else!! Care too much about protecting vehicle from those who don’t give a darn.

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX 2019
Favorite surprise? Overall, have to give it to auto lift gate so far. Didn't know about it til I went to see the first one, thought I'd never use/ need it. Then, last night it also helped light my way as I just walked by at night with key in pocket. Still finding new stuff, love it!
The headlight dance is interesting too.

Pedal Commander