Is this a good price for a TourX Preferred?

Buschb

Buick Ownership
Tour X
You might not be far off if your taxes are that much.
Good Lord man that's some heavy taxation

I'd still try to talk them down, Hell even bring in another dealer or 3 and let them compete against each other.

Sit back and watch the fireworks

TourXer

It does seem high. Even after tax+registration+doc fees. Just waiting on his email reply now.

This forum is great to get an idea of what a good deal is.
Keep them comments coming :)

SpencerK

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
It does seem high. Even after tax+registration+doc fees. Just waiting on his email reply now.

This forum is great to get an idea of what a good deal is.
Keep them comments coming :)
Yes, $27,200, registration per the online calculator will cost me $2,919. I don't know, I probably could have worked them down a bit, but I was pretty happy in general. The car is very nice, for the same money I could have bought a VW Alltrak, which I drove recently and didn't like. This car feels much heftier and roomier. I'm not a fan of the Subaru aesthetic, so I didn't want that. There aren't that many big, beautiful station wagons for $27K!
An Audi A6 Avant, which I also have, would be great, but A. they no longer sell the A6 Avant in the US, and B. I can't afford an A6 Avant! Mine has 160k miles on it and randomly dies on the side of the road. :(

Kappy

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Hello all,
I am in the process of negotiating with dealer via email on a TourX Preferred.
We live in Northern California.

MSRP window sticker price is $37,375.
Smoked Pearl Metallic
Driver Confidence Package #1
Sight and Sound Package
LPO, Cargo Tray
LPO, Cargo Area Organizer

They are offering it sale price of $27K. Out the door = $30.470. Sales person made it sound like they can go lower.
I'm thinking of asking for another $2,000 off? Is that reasonable?
Appreciate any input. Thank you.
Wow, you guys got some really good prices. Here in Michigan, not so good it turns out.
Bought our Preferred in October $36,060 sticker for $30,300 out the door.
Sights & Sounds
Interior protection package
Smoked Pear Metallic
Resistall interior/exterior protection (dealer add on, all ready on the car when we purchased off showroom floor)

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Most are discouting 2018 TourX at around $10,000 off MSRP. There is $2,500 for leasing a competitor and other perks like First Responder discount, Suppiler/Employee, Costco membership...

Even better deals like demo vehicles.

New 2018 Buick Regal TourX Preferred AWD

TourXer

Here's an update.
They can't do 26 otd. Manager wants to earn my business between 30 and 26.
Hmm.. tempting. I really like this car.

MSRP 37K Preferred with sight/sound and package #1.
It looks like it has the updated cluster and user interface.

Would $28K out the door still a good deal for this?

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Search on cars dot or autotrader for prices and features you want and see if there is better advertised deals. If there none then you are getting a good deal. If there are better deals in the area or couple hundred miles away let them know you've been in contact with that dealership and see if they budge.

A $31K purchase of $550 became a a $478 lease when I mentioned two othe dealerships one of which advertised $11,000 off MSRP. They came back with that dealership can be tricky to work with and tried to their prices.

It pays to know what other dealerships are advertising.

milicz

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal Tour X
Here's an update.

Heck yes, that'd be a hell of a deal.

Buschb

Buick Ownership
Tour X
Here's an update.

Yep, go get it

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Hello all,
I am in the process of negotiating with dealer via email on a TourX Preferred.
We live in Northern California.

MSRP window sticker price is $37,375.
Smoked Pearl Metallic
Driver Confidence Package #1
Sight and Sound Package
LPO, Cargo Tray
LPO, Cargo Area Organizer

They are offering it sale price of $27K. Out the door = $30.470. Sales person made it sound like they can go lower.
I'm thinking of asking for another $2,000 off? Is that reasonable?
Appreciate any input. Thank you.
Tale a look.
Autotrader - page unavailable
This one is taken. But there are 2-3 other around the country at near this price. Hunt through Autotrader.com

Attachments

Last edited:

jaxferret

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Tale a look.
Autotrader - page unavailable
This one is taken. But there are 2-3 other around the country at near this price. Hunt through Autotrader.com
I just bought mine from them. They had sold the white one but transferred in a grey one from their Tennessee sister store and sold it to me. I know the grey has a six hundred dollar lower msrp but I preferred the grey/black colors and it cost them money to bring it down. The only other dealer fee was the 294.50 doc fee. The salesman's name was Fernando. The sister store still had a black one in stock.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I just bought mine from them. They had sold the white one but transferred in a grey one from their Tennessee sister store and sold it to me. I know the grey has a six hundred dollar lower msrp but I preferred the grey/black colors and it cost them money to bring it down. The only other dealer fee was the 294.50 doc fee. The salesman's name was Fernando. The sister store still had a black one in stock.
My salesman's name was Jose.
My TourX Essene is now on the way. I should get it Saturday. I almost feel sorry for Buick. A first responded, with a lease that qualifies, and has a bunch or reward points could get a TourX for 1/2 or less of MSRP ,

Attachments

TourXer

Well I finally got one!

Instead of the Preferred I ended up getting a TourX Essence. White tricoat frost, love the shale leather interior, sight/sound and dc1 package with updated gauges infotainment. Sale price is $29k. OTD $32k. Traded in my Mini Countryman. Total amount financed is $22,500.
I'm happy 😊

Thank you for all the help.
-Tourxer

RoRi

What was the MSRP of your car? I'm trying to negotiate on some fully loaded Essence's. I'm aiming for at least 10k off MSRP. The best offer I have right now is 32.2 on a 41.6 MSRP. That's getting close.

TourXer

MSRP is 40k. I didn't qualify for the competitive lease discount. Which would have been another 2.5 off the price. The dealer I bought mine from had 14 2018 Tourxs at the time I made the deal.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Well I finally got one!

Instead of the Preferred I ended up getting a TourX Essence. White tricoat frost, love the shale leather interior, sight/sound and dc1 package with updated gauges infotainment. Sale price is $29k. OTD $32k. Traded in my Mini Countryman. Total amount financed is $22,500.
I'm happy 😊

Thank you for all the help.
-Tourxer
It is hard to believe that the TourX Essence is not going out the doors of the dealer really fast at under $30K?
Congratulations! We have the same optioned, & color car. Still have not driven mine. waiting till April!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.