LED Backup and Turn signal Bulbs

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I also wish GM wouldn't make the front fogs have to be switched on every time instead of just staying in the selected on/off position after a key cycle. My Camaro does the same thing- I have to switch them on every single time.
Why do you need the fog lights on all the time? Is it always foggy when you're driving?

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I use the fog lights for extra visibility for myself and also for the surrounding cars to see me when the headlights are necessary.
I care most about a rear fog in inclement weather. I installed one on my Jetta wagon years ago. The more I can make myself visible to drivers behind me during bad weather, the better.

SweetWafer

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I use the fog lights for extra visibility for myself and also for the surrounding cars to see me when the headlights are necessary.
The car has auto headlights and DRLs. You are needlessly dazzling other drivers by having your fog lights on in clear weather. I have also yet to see a fog light implementation that actually improved my visibility in fog, they all just illuminate more of the fog in my experience.

Steve F.

Buick Ownership
Potential TourX owner
A word of caution about switching to LED backup lights. I tried that on my 2008 Dodge Magnum. It looked great. Even from the drivers seat, you could see a large glow of pure white light emanating from the back of the car. Problem was, even though it was bright, it didn’t project rearwards. You couldn’t see enough in the direction you were backing up to. After a year, I switched back to the regular bulbs and the improvement was noticeable. You might have better luck with the TourX, but don’t get fooled by brightness, it’s the rear projection which matters most.

2007LucerneCXL

Illinois
Buick Ownership
2007 Lucerne CXL. and 1995 Lesabre currently, past 1973 Riviera, 1968 Riviera
The layout of the LED'S will be how well they will project. Unfortunately all LED'S are not the same as with regular filiment lamps, so the one size fits all doesn't apply. Understanding the difference between Kelvin and Lumens will also help in making a difference in picking the correct LED. Kelvin and Lumens are two different measurements and do not always mean the type of brightness output.

Search Results For "921" | LED Products | Super Bright LEDs

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia (Mostly)
Hate to disagree, but it’s not that easy. The model is too new. Everything hits pre-2017 Insignia cars.

I’ve tried nearly every European market for diagrams and it’s scarce.

I also have done rear fog upgrades in Volkswagens. At least with them you can use ETKA to reference anything you want.
Great--didn't realize that the tail lights are different, so two more items to put on my shopping list.
Regal left & right tail lights are 39125834 and 39125833, Insignia (L & R) are 39125835 and 39125832.

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia (Mostly)
Correction: The Insignia Sportback taillight part numbers are 39125836 (R) and
39125835 (L) *or* 39125832 (R) and 39125831 (L). I have no idea what the
difference is between the two pairs are (if you're wondering, the rear fog lamp
is mounted in the inboard taillight, not the outboard units listed above). The
functions for the listed units are turn sig/stop/taillight and they use both LED's
and a PY21W (amber) bulb.

ctsemicon

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Tourx
I have replaced the Rear Turn signals with LED Bulbs, and indeed, it required resistors to elininate "fast-flash" problem. Not hard, I used standard 6 ohm 50 watt resistors (I have done this on at least three other cars). These are screwed to body panel behind housing, and always use thermal transfer grease between base of resistor and panel.

Also replaced side markers with LED 194 style bulbs and backup lights and all the misc. interior lights like trunk lamp.

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia (Mostly)
39125835 (L) or 39125832 (R) and 39125831 (L). I have no idea what the
functions for the listed units are turn sig/stop/taillight and they use both LED's
OK--the difference between the pairs are; the xxx831 and xxx832 pair are used if you have halogen headlamps, the xxx835 & xxx836 are used if you have the LED headlamps.

TricoatGS

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS
I have replaced the Rear Turn signals with LED Bulbs, and indeed, it required resistors to elininate "fast-flash" problem. Not hard, I used standard 6 ohm 50 watt resistors (I have done this on at least three other cars). These are screwed to body panel behind housing, and always use thermal transfer grease between base of resistor and panel.

Also replaced side markers with LED 194 style bulbs and backup lights and all the misc. interior lights like trunk lamp.
How does one get to the side Markers? And which which side markers? The signals or In front of the wheels? I'd imagine it's just peeling back the wheel well liner.

dmr02

Toronto, Ontario
Buick Ownership
18 Regal GS
39125835 (L) or 39125832 (R) and 39125831 (L). I have no idea what the

Do you think if one were to purchase the Insignia tail lights that they would just plug and play?

Jack GS

Metro Detroit
Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Regal GS
I guess I'm going to find out--will be ordering a pair (the halogen version) this coming week.
I've been desperately trying to locate a pair of the LED tail assemblies but all I've been able to find are some Magneti Marelli branded tails. Were you able to locate the OEM tails? What has been your source for acquiring the Vauxhall parts you already have?

Last edited:

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia (Mostly)
Magneti Martelli is the OEM supplier. I have a request (via Ebay) in to Lookers Vauxhall in Liverpool--they're the ones who explained the different part numbers--to see if they want to sell a pair. Fall back is either the firm in Riga, Latvia (also Ebay) or BuyCarparts.co.uk; OriginalCarParts is also an option but they're closed until the 17th. Generally, everything I need has come from somewhere on Ebay.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I’d love to do the LED upgrade if they’re relatively plug and play... as well as figuring out the P/N for the headlamp switch to enable rear fog.

Thanks for doing all this research!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.