• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Stop/Start ability to turn feature off

laardro

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Didn't think I would like this feature either but after a while it is just something that happens. Something I do is, after the engine shuts down, let up on the brake pedal just a little, and the engine will immediately restart. Just don't let up enough to let the car move.

sina

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick Encore 2016
great post RBreeze. I have test drove Envision 2017 Premium I a few times and doing that D to N shift seems to be the easiest way of over-writing the auto stop/start function. I wish it had a button to disable it though. The only positive thing I can say about this enforced function is that the auto start is very quick.. it takes less than half a second after you put your foot off the brakes. I feel owning this car I will be always worried about my car engine starting again and again though.

This can go to another thread but the brakes on Envision are also a bit spongy, although way better than encore. We have an Encore 2016 and it literally does not come to stop, you push your foot on the pedal and the first 1 to 2 inches there is no brakes engagement at all and it seems all encore and Trax have the same unsafe design.

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX

This can go to another thread but the brakes on Envision are also a bit spongy, although way better than encore. We have an Encore 2016 and it literally does not come to stop, you push your foot on the pedal and the first 1 to 2 inches there is no brakes engagement at all and it seems all encore and Trax have the same unsafe design.
How many miles and what year and trim?

My brakes are very good and consistent. I do find the brake pedal effort increases when there are three more people in the car but it does respond.

Popping the hood my 2016 Premium has very clean brake fluid too.

bskx5201314

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
i am very close to purchasing a 2016 buick envision premium i. I have test drove other competitor vehicles that had the start/stop engine technology but they had a button that i could press after starting the vehicle to turn that feature off. I can't locate a button like that in the envision i am testing and can't find it in internet searches. Is this feature on all of the time and not able to be shut off in the envision???
你好。在中国,已经有人研发出来一个模块,接线到bcm模块上后实现着车后启停功能默认关闭。

ThatYankeeGirl

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I have a 2016 Encore Sport Touring model. The owner’s manual provides tips to minimize the auto stop/start cycles by making some adjustments to the A/C system settings. I shift into ‘Neutral’ when coming to a stop and as soon as I’m at a complete stop, shift back into ‘Drive’ to prevent the auto stop.

My Encore gets approximately 26-28/mpg on the interstate if I keep it around 75 mph. City driving, I get around 22-23mpg. Hard excelerating will reduce it significantly.

fordy zeloff

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I have had a leased 2017 Envision for about a year now. We really did try to just get used to it, but my wife and I still both hate the stop-start feature. I read in another thread that the 2019 model will have a disable button, for what it's worth.

Don'tStopNow

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I'm looking for a way to override the AutoStop on my 2017 Envision. Buick Service had nothing for me. I am wondering if it might be something as simple as pulling a fuse. I found a site "www.autogenius.info/buick-envision-from-2016-fuse-box-diagram". It showed fuse K01 - start/stop in the engine compartment fuse box (there are three fuse boxes). I'm am hesitant to pull the fuse myself, having limited auto repair knowledge, and I'm hoping someone on this site might be a service rep. or mechanic at Buick and they might be knowledgeable about or able to test this theory.
I also found a site "www.buiclub.com/info-1190.html" (no B in Buick). It shows a list of when the engine will shut off and re-start. I mentions that the engine will remain running or re-start if the hood is ajar or open. I looked for a fuse for the hood, thinking that pulling it might stop the AutoStop. I didn't see a fuse for that. I did look under the hood for a switch and did see a wire attached to the hood latch. It had a disconnect harness on the line. I wonder if pulling that plug apart would do the trick. I didn't try any of these things myself, I'm chicken, but I'm hoping someone in the service dept. might look into these options.

G-270856

It's sad that Buick does not give the option of easily overriding this Stop/Star system. I notice that the 2019 Envisions have a Stop/Start disable button on the dash.

SR14626

Buick Ownership
Envision
Just purchased the 2019 Envision and I am really glad they gave us the option to disable the stop/start button. I to believe that all the manufacturers should do this. Give us a choice so that more buyers will purchase the product. It’s a win-win situation for them if they did.

G-840999

I used this car as a rental. Took me by surprise when the engine shut off. I thought the car died on me. There should be a warning, for people that never driven the car before as a precaution. The car has a nice interior leather seats. Great radio system!

shergr

Buick Ownership
2018 Envision
I have a 2018 Envision and HATE the start/stop feature. My solution (YMMV) is this. If I'm only driving in town, I always use L6. If I jump up on the highway, I move the gear lever to drive and leave it there until I get off the highway and need to stop. And it dies. I pop it back into L6 and go on my way. I've only had the car since December 2018, and have noticed no problems. So far.

Benzadmiral

Buick Ownership
2016 Buick LaCrosse 3.6 Premium
There is no "on/off" button for the Envision's Start/Stop function. Other than the override process described above.
Apparently also true for the 2017 LaCrosse. I was considering one of those until I heard this fact. I went with a 2016, which doesn't have Auto SS.

DKS

Buick Newbie
Bloomington, Indiana
Buick Ownership
Buick Envision 2.0
I bought a 2019 Premium II in January. The shut off feature doesn't bother me in the least. If I am sitting and not wasting gas, I consider it a winner. It stayed off longer in colder temperatures than it has during AC season, but it really is no issue. I am confused as to why it bothers people.

Benzadmiral

Buick Ownership
2016 Buick LaCrosse 3.6 Premium
I bought a 2019 Premium II in January. The shut off feature doesn't bother me in the least. If I am sitting and not wasting gas, I consider it a winner. It stayed off longer in colder temperatures than it has during AC season, but it really is no issue. I am confused as to why it bothers people.
I think it bothers a lot of us because it isn't our choice -- that we have no choice. I didn't mind the feature in my BMW, because in the 2015 it could not only be turned off, but programmed to remember to stay off, and I could choose to use it or not. To have it forced on us, on a car we are paying large amounts of money for, is annoying.

DKS

Buick Newbie
Bloomington, Indiana
Buick Ownership
Buick Envision 2.0
You are going to see more and more of this type of technology as the govt. forces manufacturers to figure out ways to use less gasoline.

TSS

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2017 Envision Premium I (AWD 2.0T)
136 bucks and five minutes disables your auto stop. Search the forums. Anybody can do it. Really.

G-449369

We have owned our new Envision for about 4 weeks now and I have not searched for a way to deactivate the Auto Stop. So far it has not been annoying and is fairly unobtrusive; nothing like the terrible shaking of a 3 Series 4 cylinder BMW I test drove a few years ago. I did read in a few preliminary road tests by those who did an early review that you cannot defeat it. Would like to see a full tests by a real car magazine though.
I have a 2016 envision and the stop feature works but the auto start feature doesn't work! this piece of junk has been to the dealer 6 times now and they say they won't fix it unless it happens to them on a service test drive. It is very dangerous to be stalled out at a traffic light that has turned green! This car has only 8,000 miles. We are the original owners, Our Buick sales dept. offered us 1/2 of the purchase price on a trade. (WHAT A KICK TO THE NUTS) Do yourself a favor and don't buy one of these Buicks! I have been a G.M. customer for 30 plus years, this 2016 Buick Envision and G.M. lack of support (they don't give a dam if anybody is hurt or killed) will be the last dollar I ever spend on G.M. They lost me forever! And I will share this story EVERY chance I get! What a lousy vehicle/manufacturer!

Pedal Commander