• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

The Ultimate Buick Regal Is Discontinued Discussion

ntorch

Blandon, PA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I don't regret buying my TourX. As for my future with other GM products, unless there is something compelling I'll probably stay away. The TourX is my first GM product and I was drawn to it for it's non SUVness, AWD, engine responsiveness, road comfort and styling. I agree with Fava on the Opel/PSA sale. I had heard of some rumblings about that when I made my purchase and the sale was completed right after I drove the car home. I figured that would be the end as I didn't think GM would continue on with an extension with PSA as the owner on continued production for the US market.

I'm at 20k miles, no major complaints except some early rattles and a few infotainment/software glitches.

printf

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
None
I'm really digging the VW electric wagon id VW can get its reliability under control.
The latest JD Power 2020 US Vehicle Dependability Study lists Volkswagen in 6th place just under Toyota, so maybe VW does have its reliability under control?

Buick is still ranked higher though :)

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
The latest JD Power 2020 US Vehicle Dependability Study lists Volkswagen in 6th place just under Toyota, so maybe VW does have its reliability under control?

Buick is still ranked higher though :)
Aren't those the 3 year old study, meaning that they are for model year 2017?
The 2017 Regal got the highest score for mid size car, but that was the last gen final model year.

mjoshi

Buick Ownership
regal tourx
Wow, it looks like I’m going to be collector guy, first Acura TSX Sport wagon, and now I am thinking of getting regal tourx
Is it worth buying it ? Or should I consider Subaru Outback 2020 model ?

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Wow, it looks like I’m going to be collector guy, first Acura TSX Sport wagon, and now I am thinking of getting regal tourx
Subaru Outback 2020 - Do you actually enjoy driving?

The Regal is pretending to be high riding. The actual ground clearance isn't any more than your TSX. Lower to the ground means a lower center of gravity means a better handling compared to something higher riding.

mjoshi

Buick Ownership
regal tourx
Subaru Outback 2020 - Do you actually enjoy driving?

The Regal is pretending to be high riding. The actual ground clearance isn't any more than your TSX. Lower to the ground means a lower center of gravity means a better handling compared to something higher riding.
I love driving my TSX Sport Wagon, and have no complains with it. I’ve never owned a GM vehicle in past, so not sure if Buick Regal TourX is as reliable as my Acura TSX Sport Wagon or not ?
Also anyone know if you can buy extended warranty from MOPAR on Buick vehicle ? I normally tend to keep vehicles for 10 years before buying new one. So having something that lasts is important.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I love driving my TSX Sport Wagon, and have no complains with it. I’ve never owned a GM vehicle in past, so not sure if Buick Regal TourX is as reliable as my Acura TSX Sport Wagon or not ?
Also anyone know if you can buy extended warranty from MOPAR on Buick vehicle ? I normally tend to keep vehicles for 10 years before buying new one. So having something that lasts is important.
According to Car and Driver, the TourX's ground clearance is the same as a Camry.

So it handles nicely. It is essentially the same vehicle as the Insignia Country Tourer that they sell in Europe and they have those high speed Autobahn in Germany.

As for reliability, JD Power just released their 3 year old vehicle dependability study a couple of days ago by asking vehicle owners about their vehicles.
See for yourself: 2020 U.S. Vehicle Dependability Study | J.D. POWER
(The TourX did came out in 2018, so that data is not yet available. But you can see how Buick had been performing in the past.)
Lastly, GM does sell extended factory warranty. But it has to be purchased during the initial purchase.

The dealership sold me the vehicle did not mention anything and I did not remember to ask. So I missed the boat.

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
If interested in info about extended warranty, check out links below. You have the choice to go with a GM warranty or external company.

Just keep in mind that if you buy a Buick warranty, you don't have to purchase the extended warranty from the selling dealership. You also don't have to buy the warranty at time of purchase.

Use that as leverage to pull down the extended warranty price. When they offer their 'discounted' price to you for $3K+ for a warranty, tell them that you can get the same coverage for $1500 elsewhere. Do a little homework. Markups are HUGE on warranties.

Here's a couple links:

Starting with post 39:
https://buickforums.com/forums/threads/long-term-3-years-viability-of-tourx-when-the-psa-groupe-sale.51114

https://buickforums.com/forums/threads/extended-warranties.51136

mjoshi

Buick Ownership
regal tourx
If interested in info about extended warranty, check out links below. You have the choice to go with a GM warranty or external company.

Just keep in mind that if you buy a Buick warranty, you don't have to purchase the extended warranty from the selling dealership. You also don't have to buy the warranty at time of purchase.

Use that as leverage to pull down the extended warranty price. When they offer their 'discounted' price to you for $3K+ for a warranty, tell them that you can get the same coverage for $1500 elsewhere. Do a little homework. Markups are HUGE on warranties.

Here's a couple links:

Starting with post 39:
https://buickforums.com/forums/threads/long-term-3-years-viability-of-tourx-when-the-psa-groupe-sale.51114

https://buickforums.com/forums/threads/extended-warranties.51136
Thank you for sharing, I've got extended warranty on my Pacifica from Mopar for $2k at the time of purchase, and it covers bumper to bumper with unlimited mileage. I got it at the time of purchase from my dealer in Ohio.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
The only model Outback I would consider is the Outback XT with the turbo engine. The turbo makes up for the sins of the CVT. The Outback is all new for 2020 so you might have first year issues, but I guess it will be a lot better appointed inside than the old Outback and possibly better in some people's opinion than the TourX. However, I think the interior of the TourX is very nice place to be for any length of time, it's stylish, not overdone, not too many buttons, etc, but it seems to get slammed a lot, even on here. If the number of cupholders and cubbyholes is important then the Subaru wins that contest. If ground clearance isn't an issue then TourX.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
The only model Outback I would consider is the Outback XT with the turbo engine. The turbo makes up for the sins of the CVT. The Outback is all new for 2020 so you might have first year issues, but I guess it will be a lot better appointed inside than the old Outback and possibly better in some people's opinion than the TourX. However, I think the interior of the TourX is very nice place to be for any length of time, it's stylish, not overdone, not too many buttons, etc, but it seems to get slammed a lot, even on here. If the number of cupholders and cubbyholes is important then the Subaru wins that contest. If ground clearance isn't an issue then TourX.
Or just get the Subaru Legacy XT if it is important to the OP to have a model that will be around for a while. Midsize and up sedans are almost as "weird" in the eyes of Joe and Jane public as wagons are.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Or just get the Subaru Legacy XT if it is important to the OP to have a model that will be around for a while. Midsize and up sedans are almost as "weird" in the eyes of Joe and Jane public as wagons are.
If a sedan is in the mix I'd go a different direction altogether than a Subaru. Fair amount of aruguably better choices around for that.

Bamcrockett

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Well too bad.
But the deals to be had are very strong - mine was like 14K off list delivered. So much so I bought the extended warranty. Something I’ve never done. So It’s an orphan - but I like it- great interstate runner. If it lasts? Time will tell .

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
If a sedan is in the mix I'd go a different direction altogether than a Subaru. Fair amount of aruguably better choices around for that.
True I'm just making the point that (in my eyes) an Outback IS NOT A WAGON without roughly a 2 - 3 in suspension drop. The reason that the Outback went from being slightly raised (1st gen is barely higher riding than the Legacy Wagon) to having 8 in of ground clearance was so Subaru could get it classified as a "truck" under the old CAFE rules.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
For City/Suburban driving and outright utility/visibility the Outback is practical. For longer highway trips and open road use, the TourX has better dynamics & more enjoyable to drive with a German feel, but is not the nimblest in congested areas. TourX is basically well made and other than body parts and certain specific components, is assembled from many widely used international parts. Out the door sell price should be advantage Buick by a wide margin.

mjoshi

Buick Ownership
regal tourx
That's interesting comparison, I think I will stick to tourx in that case as it has enough power and I love driving wagons compared to SUV.

mjoshi

Buick Ownership
regal tourx
Well too bad.
But the deals to be had are very strong - mine was like 14K off list delivered. So much so I bought the extended warranty. Something I’ve never done. So It’s an orphan - but I like it- great interstate runner. If it lasts? Time will tell .
Where did you buy yours from, can you please give me details?

Turbo Buick Badge