• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

20” BBS wheels installed!

Pathy01

That is a HUGE improvement over stock and really makes the car look so much better. I know fitment on these cars can be a pain but I'm curious if you intentionally went with a 9.5" width and a 235 tire for the stretched look or is the tire width limited by clearance at the inner strut and/or fender and that was all you could fit?

Bald Regal

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
That is a HUGE improvement over stock and really makes the car look so much better. I know fitment on these cars can be a pain but I'm curious if you intentionally went with a 9.5" width and a 235 tire for the stretched look or is the tire width limited by clearance at the inner strut and/or fender and that was all you could fit?
The two tires sizes I found most near stock overall diameter were 235 and 265. With the aggressive offset, and with the likelihood of lowering in the future, the 265 was not a good choice. The 235 is .1% different over stock and not at all stretched (by my definition at least) on the 9.5 wheel. In fact, it sits nearly perfectly flush. Then again, you’re talking to a guy that used to put 205s on 11” wide Porsche wheels...now that’s a stretch! 😂

Pathy01

The two tires sizes I found most near stock overall diameter were 235 and 265. With the aggressive offset, and with the likelihood of lowering in the future, the 265 was not a good choice. The 235 is .1% different over stock and not at all stretched (by my definition at least) on the 9.5 wheel. In fact, it sits nearly perfectly flush. Then again, you’re talking to a guy that used to put 205s on 11” wide Porsche wheels...now that’s a stretch! 😂
Yeah, my idea of stretch is where the tread width is narrower than the wheel width, even if the tire is even right at the edge of the wheel. A 235 is only around 8.5" wide at the tread so it's an inch narrower than your wheel. I see in the pics how at the lip the tire is somewhat flush, but the sidewall is then stretched inward toward the narrower tread. I'm curious if a 265 would fit with the right offset. The aggressive offset wouldn't likely be the problem as it will help with strut side clearance which I think is probably where the challenge will be. I believe the GS uses a 245 and we know that manufacturers don't push the limits, so it'll probably just take the exact right specs to make it work.

Bald Regal

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Yeah, my idea of stretch is where the tread width is narrower than the wheel width, even if the tire is even right at the edge of the wheel. A 235 is only around 8.5" wide at the tread so it's an inch narrower than your wheel. I see in the pics how at the lip the tire is somewhat flush, but the sidewall is then stretched inward toward the narrower tread. I'm curious if a 265 would fit with the right offset. The aggressive offset wouldn't likely be the problem as it will help with strut side clearance which I think is probably where the challenge will be. I believe the GS uses a 245 and we know that manufacturers don't push the limits, so it'll probably just take the exact right specs to make it work.
235mm is 9.252” bruh 😂

Pathy01

Not sure if you're trying to drive me wrong, but here are the specs including tread width for both tires I found in your size. You'll see tread width is not the same as the section width, nominally or measured.
And here's the spec on a 265 which has a 9.5" tread width that matches a 9.5" rim.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence

TricoatGS

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS
Got my tires scratched hardcore on my GS this week, they accepted fault and let's just say I'm getting a sweet deal on some new rims, these are coming in about 2 to 3 weeks.

Attachments

liuby33

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
Anyone of you guys found the 5x115 pattern rather rare in aftermarket? I have trouble finding any good-looking name-brand wheels with the same spec.

Pathy01

Anyone of you guys found the 5x115 pattern rather rare in aftermarket? I have trouble finding any good-looking name-brand wheels with the same spec.
Yes, it's not the most common pattern out there. TireRack hasn't confirmed fitment on the TourX, but you can select the Sportback AWD and get a decent number of options that will fit. You can also do a search for something along the lines of 20x9 5x115 and look at the sites that come up. Just be aware and double check the actual specs. Another option is to go with something custom with the specific diameter, width, bolt pattern, offset and center bore you want. For that option, I'm currently looking at Forgestar, specifically the CF10 as I'm a big fan of clean, symmetrical design wheels. A great tool for comparing stock wheel/tire specs to aftermarket options is willtheyfit.com which will let you see impact to strut clearance, outward projection and total diameter.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
What is the offset?
I looked at what is available for real estate under the tour X wheel well.

A correct fitting wheel is hard to find for the TourX.
18” diameter works as this gives me a good selection of tire offering, more so than 19" or 20" tires.

I took a good look at the fitment of the OEM wheels and was surprised that the TourX OEM wheels are stuffed in there pretty tight.

18 x 8 wheels with 32 - 42mm offset or 18 x 8.5 with 32 -38mm offset is a good fit as tire wheel clearance to the inside strut is real close. There is not a lot of room with the fender cladding either.
The load rating of the wheel should exceed that of the tire as a minimum. OEM tire is rated 1609 Lbs.

These wheels work:
Avant Garde Wheels | M310 | AG Classic
Jason Tung [mailto:jason@getyourwheels.com]

Last edited:

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Yes, it's not the most common pattern out there. TireRack hasn't confirmed fitment on the TourX, but you can select the Sportback AWD and get a decent number of options that will fit. You can also do a search for something along the lines of 20x9 5x115 and look at the sites that come up. Just be aware and double check the actual specs. Another option is to go with something custom with the specific diameter, width, bolt pattern, offset and center bore you want. For that option, I'm currently looking at Forgestar, specifically the CF10 as I'm a big fan of clean, symmetrical design wheels. A great tool for comparing stock wheel/tire specs to aftermarket options is willtheyfit.com which will let you see impact to strut clearance, outward projection and total diameter.
This is the website I have been using on wheel & tire fitment for a couple years now. I like that it automatically provides +1 and +2 sizing as well as determines tire circumference percentages (and bases recommendations on that criteria).

Reference guide for car wheel and tire dimensions such as size, offset, PCD

Looks like 255 is a good width to explore - I haven’t crawled under the car yet to take a few measurements on strut and fender clearance, but you can dial all that in using this tool.

VTSummit

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Did I miss it or is nobody sharing their offset numbers? :)
I went with BBS 18x8's with 36 offset and they appear to be the perfect stock replacement- and even free up a tiny bit between the inner sidewall and the strut u front. Next time I get tires, I'll probably go wider but figured I'd run the stock tires off first.
I didn't check yet, but I imagine there's a fitment thread going somewhere- if not, maybe one should be started and stickied.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
8 x 18 or 8.5 x 18 wheels with a 32 to 36 mm offset does not box you in on tire selection and has other goo reasons to stay with this size.

Pedal Commander