• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

20” BBS wheels installed!

Bald Regal

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
There is miles of room on both sides in these cars. Do whatever works best for you and your driving purposes. The GS has a 20” option and I think completely changes the look and feel of the car. There is no one size fits all for aftermarket setups. Stay factory if you want to play it safe.

bollox74

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I live in Minnesota, lotsa snow don'cha'kno.

I noticed just how little room for error there was in the wheel wells when we had large snowfalls*. Ice/snow combo would coat the inside of the well and rub on the tires in turns. I wouln't recommend up-sizing unless you live where there ain't no sno.

That being said, never got stuck despite the ground clearance (thx AWD!)

*particularly excessive snow this winter

no-pistons

Buick Ownership
Tourx
There is miles of room on both sides in these cars. Do whatever works best for you and your driving purposes. The GS has a 20” option and I think completely changes the look and feel of the car. There is no one size fits all for aftermarket setups. Stay factory if you want to play it safe.

I never understood the reason to hide information on your wheels. More information on the internet for people to use as reference the better. I was also was involved in the "euro" or "stanced" VW crowd a long while back and never understood it back then too. I happily shared all my wheel / tire specs. You will never in a million years see someone copy your exact setup in person (especially with the TourX haha) and who cares if some even does on the internet half way across the country.

Pathy01

I never understood the reason to hide information on your wheels. More information on the internet for people to use as reference the better. I was also was involved in the "euro" or "stanced" VW crowd a long while back and never understood it back then too. I happily shared all my wheel / tire specs. You will never in a million years see someone copy your exact setup in person (especially with the TourX haha) and who cares if some even does on the internet half way across the country.
Most of the people here are more than willing to share any information they have to help the community, so don't be put off if there are a few holding back details.

I like your screen name. Are you a wankel fan?

Bald Regal

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Most of the people here are more than willing to share any information they have to help the community, so don't be put off if there are a few holding back details.

I like your screen name. Are you a wankel fan?
Are you two referring to me? I listed my wheel specs in the OP, what else are you looking for?

Pathy01

Are you two referring to me? I listed my wheel specs in the OP, what else are you looking for?
A few guys have asked for the offset spec of the wheels. You didn't specify that in your post and someone else chimed in stating that you couldn't give away all your secrets. I was just referring to that general idea of not sharing info, and not to you as you have shared a bunch of info here. But if you do have the offset, I'm sure there'll be a few happy guys if you can share that info.

Bald Regal

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
A few guys have asked for the offset spec of the wheels. You didn't specify that in your post and someone else chimed in stating that you couldn't give away all your secrets. I was just referring to that general idea of not sharing info, and not to you as you have shared a bunch of info here. But if you do have the offset, I'm sure there'll be a few happy guys if you can share that info.
Oh, I thought that was just a running joke that we had going here and that myself and a couple of the guys were being cute. 😂

BBS only offers one offset on a 20x9 CX-R wheel (if anyone cared to look it up) and that is an ET25. I went aggressive on the offset, as I like to do with wheel fitment because 99% of manufacturers do not. Porsche being the only exception in my book. Hope this helps.

no-pistons

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Awesome! Thanks for the info.

Looking forward to see it lowered next! (y)

TricoatGS

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS
After picking up the TourX in December, and a long winter of planning, Spring is finally nearly sprung here in New York- I simply couldn’t wait any longer!

Having grown up in the VW/Audi scene of the 90/00s, I guess I still hold an affinity for nice German cars on nice German wheels. So, without further ado...

20x9.5” BBS CX-R wrapped in 235/40/20 on my Tri-Coat White TourX:

View attachment 15117View attachment 15118

Thanks to forum member Rhetoric for dealing with and listening to my ramblings of fitment. I should add that the flow formed BBS’ saved quite a bit of weight vs the (IMO) terrible factory wheels, which have now been mounted with proper snow tires. I think these absolutely made and transformed the car, and I hope you do too!
I went with a different look but yours does look very clean.

Attachments

landsharkmz3

I see you mentioned no spacers or adapters. The BBS website does not show any 5x115 options for the CX-R (only 5x120 in 8.5 and 10). Care to share? Do they exist, but unpublished?

diamondbuickgmc

Buick Ownership
Buick Regal TourX
Oh, I thought that was just a running joke that we had going here and that myself and a couple of the guys were being cute. 😂

BBS only offers one offset on a 20x9 CX-R wheel (if anyone cared to look it up) and that is an ET25. I went aggressive on the offset, as I like to do with wheel fitment because 99% of manufacturers do not. Porsche being the only exception in my book. Hope this helps.
With the BBS wheels being a 9.5" wheel and an extra less offset, do you rub or touch the outer fender? looking at an 8.5" wheel with 20mm backspace but dont want rubbing issues.

ezpotato

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
three pages in to get offsets... odd.

But looks good. I think perhaps +30 to +35 would be a good setup for this car for stock sizes (18x8) the lines of this car are beautiful, but hard as hell to choose some wheels for..

landsharkmz3

three pages in to get offsets... odd.

But looks good. I think perhaps +30 to +35 would be a good setup for this car for stock sizes (18x8) the lines of this car are beautiful, but hard as hell to choose some wheels for..
Also never stated how he got 5x115 when BBS claims to not make the wheel in that bolt pattern.

Pedal Commander