2011 + Regal and GS Typical Concerns

jwmuscat

lexington, ky
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS, 6spd manual. white diamond
My 2011 has 56K miles and has been well maintained but is not stock (catless dp, intake manifold spacers, Trifecta tune, lowered, k/n filter, snow shield remove on intake). I just replaced the rear struts for clunking noise. Anybody have to replace the struts this soon? Was it related to lowering the car?

Anybody have the transmission seal at the shifter leak? My mechanic says I need a new gasket. Anybody have oil leaking from the turbo? My mechanic noticed that also. I am out of warranty.
I've had oil leaking from turbo ~50K miles. Replaced under warranty

mikeg

3.8L Turbo Member
Overland Park, KS
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal T07 Russelsheim
My 2011 has 56K miles and has been well maintained but is not stock (catless dp, intake manifold spacers, Trifecta tune, lowered, k/n filter, snow shield remove on intake). I just replaced the rear struts for clunking noise. Anybody have to replace the struts this soon? Was it related to lowering the car?

Anybody have the transmission seal at the shifter leak? My mechanic says I need a new gasket. Anybody have oil leaking from the turbo? My mechanic noticed that also. I am out of warranty.
I'm wondering if lowering the car by installing Eibach springs caused "premature" failure of the rear struts. If so, you would think the front struts are next.

Apparently, the oil leak in from the turbo seal is common and doesn't require replacement yet.

matsurocka

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
It’s very very possible. Eibach makes dampners tuned to work with there springs. The problem with factory stuff is they are not engineered to work in the geometry change you made. At factory height they are “softer” with more intial give them get progressively firmer. Lowered cars need them to be firm where they are “soft”
A new set of shocks can go to shit real quick on a lowered car.

Buick Ownership
Regal GS
I'm 40 years old and owned a 91' Mr2 turbo stick, a 90' Eagle Talon TSI AWD stick , a 91' Mustang 5.0 notchback manual, an 85' Mustang GT carburated, a tuned 98' Z28, and I bought my ex wife a brand new loaded Dodge Charger R/T back in 2006. I liked driving my friends 2001 Bimmer 325 I , and my nieces 2006 Volvo S90. But after all these great cars If I had to go out in one it'd be my 13' GS with the suspension turned on and the HK turned up to Audioslave and jamming gears to kingdom come. 😁

Attachments

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.