• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2018+ Regal Age Demographic (Poll)

What vehicle/age category do you belong to?

• Total voters

pek

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
65 and have a GS. Had Buick Opels in the '70s before they sent the Opel badge to Japan. Really miss my Manta.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I'm seeing a trend

Seem people who are old enough to be supposedly all grown up but not too old to have fun like the TourX and the Sportback is not popular for whatever reason.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
65 and have a GS. Had Buick Opels in the '70s before they sent the Opel badge to Japan. Really miss my Manta.
I remember the Opel GT in that time frame, and Kadette with stripe package.

Strippers4Me

Buick Ownership
Tour X
A young 58 TourX owner here, (33 yr old) wife has a Acura TSX Sportwagon and I liked more than my Acura TL AWD. Easier to haul things and just better all around so now I'm the wagon guy also.

Banto

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence - Dark Moon Blue, 2018 Regal TourX Essence - Rioja Red, 2009 Enclave CXL
Wife is 41 and I am 40 and we both drive a TourX. We have also been a Buick family for awhile though as she replaced an Enclave and I replaced a LaCrosse.

TricoatGS

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS
With Buick's efforts to market their vehicles to a more youthful buyer, I thought it would be interesting to see if their rebranding effort has successfully lowered the average age of ownership (for the Regal at least). Historically, Buick has hovered around an average buyer age of 60. This figure dropped to less than 50 years old in 2018 according to CarMax.

The obvious accuracy limitation of this poll is the small sample size of forum members. Additionally, older folks are inherently less likely to partake in online forum activities. My aim is to merely feed my curiosity.

I broke the poll into two categories because I am limited to 10 poll responses (site owner, it would be helpful if we could create multiple polls within one thread :)). If there is interest in seeing a poll for the GS or other trim specifically, I'd be glad to make one.

-A proud 25 year old GS owner
24 year old GS owner here.

DANJ

60, but use it like a 40 year old. Kayak on top and bike on the hitch. Coming out of a run of Saabs. Really missed the 12 year old wagon the first week or two, but since then I'm totally thrilled with the TourX. Nice ride, no reliability issues, new (if not necessarily the newest) tech for the driver and smart phone integration. Very glad I did not get a 2015 Volvo wagon. Great cars but this feels sportier, and much newer.

JohnMC2010

Farmington Hills, MI
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX Preferred
I'm 26, with a TourX. This is my second Regal (if you're not counting the 1998 GS that my sister and I shared when we were in high school).

I previously had a 2014 Sedan, and traded it in as soon as I could to pick up a TourX. I love it for moving my bike and my girlfriends bike on weekend getaways. We even used it to move a desk into my house inside the hatch! Wish I would've taken a picture of that! I really dig the AWD system -- this thing is an absolute beast with Blizzaks in the winter.

Last edited:

Drive2work

Long Island, NY
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal Sportback (Essence trim, Darkmoon Blue)
46. Essence Sportback. Prior 2 cars were Subarus. Wanted something that was a tad more upclass, had a bit more power, and a less harsh ride over potholes. All while still being a wagon and having AWD .

Could've gone for the TourX wagon but realized that the Sportback was plenty for my needs (it's more or less a wagon anyways and is just as good looking so I'm happy).

Looks like we GenX'ers are wagon lovers?

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
23 year-old here. I picked up my 2018 TourX Essence last month after finally deciding to replace my college beater ('03 Dodge Neon) with something a little more to my liking. I had been test driving a myriad of cars for about 6 months when I finally test drove a 2019 TourX out of pure chance. I had been looking at sports sedans, but an online article had featured the wagon and when I saw it I HAD to test drive it out of curiosity.

The TourX was the first car that I had really connected with. I really loved the styling and practicality of a modern station wagon, and ultimately wanted a comfy long-range cruiser that I could go on road-trips with AND sit in standstill traffic on my daily commute.

BrianCoasters

Buick Newbie
Greensboro, NC
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Preferred, Sport Red
31 here. I had a 2010 Genesis Coupe previously, and although it was a great car, my tastes changed over the years and I began to want more utility. I also wanted AWD for ski trips. None of the boring blobby CUVs interested me, which left a very short list of wagons/hatches. Comparing features and price point, the TourX fit my needs perfectly. After almost one year and 24k miles so far, I'm still very happy with the choice

jclin4

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I’m one of those newbies, just got my TourX last week. I’m 57, coming from a young person’s car, a Volvo C30 6 speed manual. Was going to get a new Volvo V60, but the Buick is a much better deal.