• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2018+ Regal Age Demographic (Poll)

What vehicle/age category do you belong to?

• Total voters

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX 2019
Bought my TourX a few weeks ago, love the way it looks. I wish it didn’t have the cladding and wish it could be had with a manual....
Agreed, a manual would be nice. I didn't really like that cladding either, until it saved some metal when another car tried to squeeze past the TourX in a parking lot - the (cornering?) side light was saved by the fact it's in a little recessed area - good design there

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I'm 42 its my first Buick though I grew up in a GM family (Dad loved Oldsmobile and Pontiac - I feel bad for him now that those two brands are gone.) My last GM vehicle was a 1987 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme Brougham sedan with the 307 V8, it was an old family car and Dad set me up on a payment plan to the bank of him when I was in college. After that it was a string of Fords and Toyotas. Nothing wrong with them other than the Toyota living up to it's boring appliance reputation.

My wife is 35 and was fine with the TourX although she was talking to a friend who works for the local Ford dealer and called the car a "Dad-mobile". The room was loud and later I said to her: "Did you call it a Dad-mobile or a Dan-mobile?"

"A Dad-mobile."

"Is there really any difference?" I said.

The only thing she wouldn't have stood for was the white pearlescent paint. She calls that "Old Man White". And she has admitted she's jealous of my 8 in touch screen and Bose stereo. Her 2016 Terrain is a low option SLE model.

FavaBean

DE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Bumping thread (169 votes tallied so far).

Will the 30-39 TourX age group finally pull ahead?
Will the sportback prove to be the choice of the younger generation?

Even if you are an old fart OR you're too young to have your feet touch the ground when sitting on the curb......Vote!!

CTMechE

CT
Buick Ownership
'19 Regal TourX, Essence
Voted! I'm a new TourX owner, and in the 30-39 bracket... though I have less than a year before I "graduate" to the next one!

PublicSectorTech

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick TourX Essence
Voted! I'm a new TourX owner, and in the 30-39 bracket... though I have less than a year before I "graduate" to the next one!
Same on both counts here...
I always wanted a wagon, and last time I went car shopping (2015), I impulse bought a 2012 Honda Crosstour, which SUCKED. Had some zip, but visibility/gas mileage are terrible. I had an '04 Jetta TDI sedan before than, which I loved (and probably should have never gotten rid of).

My friend sent me the Jalopnik article on the TourX wagon about a month ago and I was intrigued. Test drove a 2019 locally and loved it, then ended up buying a single-owner 2018 Essence w/1700 mi off vroom.com .

I'm in week 3 of my TourX ownership and other than minor stuff (low framerate on backup camera), I'm very happy. I'm mostly a city driver save for the occasional road trip.

CTMechE

CT
Buick Ownership
'19 Regal TourX, Essence
I always wanted a wagon, and last time I went car shopping (2015), I impulse bought a 2012 Honda Crosstour, which SUCKED. Had some zip, but visibility/gas mileage are terrible. I had an '04 Jetta TDI sedan before than, which I loved (and probably should have never gotten rid of).
Way to tie up the score!
The Crosstour pisses me off - not because it ever personally wronged me, but merely because Honda decided to make that...thing instead of a normal Accord wagon (AWD or not). I can understand not making the wagon if it sells poorly, but at least making *nothing* doesn't cost anything. We also have a 2011 Odyssey which I've been very satisfied with, even if it's not the most exciting thing.
I traded in our '08 Outback for the new TourX. We had the Subie since 2010 and while it was OK, it never was the wagon I really wanted. And the new ones are even higher on stilts than before, where they are "wagons" only in the sense that they share the Legacy platform.
Before the Outback, I had a '99.5 Audi A4 quattro, 2.8 V6, with a 5sp manual. I wish I'd spent more time finding an Avant instead of the sedan, though, but it was a really enjoyable car for the years I had it.

I read a fair amount of online car news, so I was aware of the TourX before launch, though at the time never thought I'd be one to buy a new car (incentives helped a lot there). This Buick is the first car either my wife or I have ever bought new. I'd checked it out at the NY Auto Show in person each year, and loved how "properly wagony" it was... so I'm quite happy to have ended up with one.

And in case you wondered, they did not fix the low framerate on the backup cameras on the 2019 models!

GermyShoe

Richardson, TX
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I also traded in a Crosstour (2010) for my TourX. Mine was V6 AWD, and I really enjoyed it. Replaced the Head Unit with a Kenwood (ApplePlay) so that addressed my biggest woe. My wife was sad because it was her first car that wasn't a hand-me-down... but she drives the Odyssey now, so I got this. I'm 45 BTW... she's 34.

PublicSectorTech

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick TourX Essence
Nice job on the wife!

For me, the worst thing about the Crosstour is the visibility. I don't know how they did it, but it's basically impossible to see through the rear window and around the sides. My son's car seat blocked a huge portion of that back window.

The good news is, I got a good quote on the trade-in and now I have a vehicle I actually like. Still debating on whether or not to get the DILFWGN vanity plates...

GermyShoe

Richardson, TX
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Nice job on the wife!

For me, the worst thing about the Crosstour is the visibility. I don't know how they did it, but it's basically impossible to see through the rear window and around the sides. My son's car seat blocked a huge portion of that back window.

The good news is, I got a good quote on the trade-in and now I have a vehicle I actually like. Still debating on whether or not to get the DILFWGN vanity plates...
Yeah, visibility was terrible. Installed the reverse camera and that helped. If the back seats were down it was better, but that didn’t happen often.

mapman85

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Add one for the TourX 30-39 group. I picked up a "new" 2018 smoked pearl/shale Preferred (DC1/S&S) for 30+% off MSRP on Friday.

I'm coming over from an '09 Outback 5MT that had developed the old Subaru rattle, so the levels of noise, power, and refinement are night and day. I'm used to being able to listen to the engine and guesstimating how fast I'm going... now I'm catching myself doing ~10 mph higher than I expected. I'll miss some things about the Subie, but am really enjoying the upgrade so far.

I wanted to thank all the posters here who helped with my car buying "research." I was having a hard time deciding what to buy but think I made a good choice. I have already received several compliments and the seemingly obligatory "I didn't know Buick made a wagon."

TommyOpel~74-18

Capitol Region of Pennsylvania
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback
With Buick's efforts to market their vehicles to a more youthful buyer, I thought it would be interesting to see if their rebranding effort has successfully lowered the average age of ownership (for the Regal at least). Historically, Buick has hovered around an average buyer age of 60. This figure dropped to less than 50 years old in 2018 according to CarMax.

The obvious accuracy limitation of this poll is the small sample size of forum members. Additionally, older folks are inherently less likely to partake in online forum activities. My aim is to merely feed my curiosity.

I broke the poll into two categories because I am limited to 10 poll responses (site owner, it would be helpful if we could create multiple polls within one thread :)). If there is interest in seeing a poll for the GS or other trim specifically, I'd be glad to make one.

-A proud 25 year old GS owner
I'm a G-to-the-Pa, but this ain't yo grandaddy's Buick!
Proud Regal Sportback Owner!