2018+ Regal Age Demographic (Poll)

What vehicle/age category do you belong to?

• Total voters

Kd4ttc

Naperville IL
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback
I had Fords for the longest time but went to Chrysler driving a 2006 Sebring I got for cheap 1 year off lease back in 2006. Now with just over 215,000 miles and over 12 years it was worn out. I would have gone for a Chrysler 200 just cuz I'd had a good run in the Sebring (and that Sebring was much more fun to drive than the review said), but Chrysler cancelled the 200 and just was making 300s and Caravans. I felt abandoned by Chrysler. I wanted a US made car, so searched around visited dealers, and found the Regal Sportback. I waited until one came off lease, and was lucky to find an Essence trim with 1400 miles for only $23500. As for it being an American car, the discovery that it is an Opel was amusing. I bought the sebring in part because it was a US car. But my sebring was actually Canadian. So I just gave up and gave in to US manufacturers outsourcing sedan production. Good deal, though, and wow, this Regal Sportback is fun to drive! On top of that on expressway driving I'm hitting 40 mpg at times, with overall 32 mpg each tank. My Sebing was getting about 22 mpg. So I'm very happy with performance, economy, range, and price.

Stray_Kiwi

Buick Ownership
2018 Holden Commodore VXR
I apologize for skewing the results since I am neither a Buick owner nor American.

I posted about my car earlier, here's my story:

I'm 48 and live in New Zealand.

My first car was a 1965 VW Beetle which came to me after my grandfather died and my parents had no use for it. Then I briefly owned a long wheelbase 1980 CF Bedford van (not too different from the GMC van from the A Team TV Show) and then a 1974 VJ Valiant Charger 770 which I still regret selling to this day but I needed reliable transport and it certainly wasn't reliable. Then a 1986 Toyota Celica GT and a 1989 Honda Integra XSi (same as the Acura Integra GS-R). Then a 1997 Ford Telstar Eurosport (kinda like a Contour) and lastly a 2005 Mazdaspeed 6.

After 12 years of satisfied driving one morning last year I looked at my Mazda and realized it was getting pretty old. Some money had become available to purchase a replacement so I started looking. Initially I looked at hot hatches because I thought I wanted a performance car. But soon I came to the realization I needed a touring sedan for taking my wife on short drives in the weekend, or longer road journeys as the whim took us. I really enjoyed having the security of AWD, so that ruled out FWD cars like Accords and Camrys. In the end came down to a choice between Subaru, Skoda, VW or Holden. Subaru have not updated the platform for the WRX for a decade and it shows, so we ruled that out. The Skoda and VW while nice cars were too expensive and not particularly fun to drive. I must admit it wasn't love at first sight with the Buick Regal GS Holden Commodore VXR but we took it on 3 test drives on separate occasions and the more time we spent in the car the more we knew it was the one for us.

So here I am.

Foxbat

Michiana
Buick Ownership
2018 Quicksilver Regal Sportback Essence AWD
I used my wife's age. I guess I need to apologize for that since everyone else has…

Kybuck83

Orange County, CA
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
TourX, 30-39 (35).

Since others are giving their car ownership history:

Traded in a Ford Fusion Energi, so obvious step backwards in fuel economy. I had a longer commute at the time, so the single rider carpool lane access (California) was nice until it ended in January. But, because of the plug-in battery, the Fusion had a tiny trunk (8.2 cubic feet with seats up), which couldn't handle a good grocery store trip with kids in the back seat. While looking at Fusion stuff online, I noticed the overseas version (Mondeo) came in wagon form. I wished they had offered at least the Energi version as a wagon to make up for the space eaten up by the battery. I know the C-Max had the same powertrain and was a hatchback, but the styling was nowhere as exciting. That probably is what drove my interest in wagons that eventually led to the TourX.

Prior to the Fusion, I had a Saturn AURA. The Regal is essentially the descendant of the AURA. The AURA was styled after the Opel Vectra (although was built here in the US, and only had similar styling, I don't recall any major parts actually being interchangeable). Opels were supposed to be imported as the next generation of Saturns, until GM killed the brand, and gave the Opels to Buick. The Vectra was replaced by the Insignia, which we now know as the Regal.

Kd4ttc

Naperville IL
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback
I apologize for skewing the results since I am neither a Buick owner nor American.

I posted about my car earlier, here's my story:

I'm 48 and live in New Zealand.

My first car was a 1965 VW Beetle which came to me after my grandfather died and my parents had no use for it. Then I briefly owned a long wheelbase 1980 CF Bedford van (not too different from the GMC van from the A Team TV Show) and then a 1974 VJ Valiant Charger 770 which I still regret selling to this day but I needed reliable transport and it certainly wasn't reliable. Then a 1986 Toyota Celica GT and a 1989 Honda Integra XSi (same as the Acura Integra GS-R). Then a 1997 Ford Telstar Eurosport (kinda like a Contour) and lastly a 2005 Mazdaspeed 6.

After 12 years of satisfied driving one morning last year I looked at my Mazda and realized it was getting pretty old. Some money had become available to purchase a replacement so I started looking. Initially I looked at hot hatches because I thought I wanted a performance car. But soon I came to the realization I needed a touring sedan for taking my wife on short drives in the weekend, or longer road journeys as the whim took us. I really enjoyed having the security of AWD, so that ruled out FWD cars like Accords and Camrys. In the end came down to a choice between Subaru, Skoda, VW or Holden. Subaru have not updated the platform for the WRX for a decade and it shows, so we ruled that out. The Skoda and VW while nice cars were too expensive and not particularly fun to drive. I must admit it wasn't love at first sight with the Buick Regal GS Holden Commodore VXR but we took it on 3 test drives on separate occasions and the more time we spent in the car the more we knew it was the one for us.

So here I am.
Hey watched the A Team and says he isn't American. SMH.

garbageguy

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX 2019
I am 56 and have a TourX - voted accordingly.

Skewing results was mentioned, maybe me too?. When I was 18, I had a 1970 Skylark, a few years after that I had a 1985 Skyhawk T-Type. So glad to be back in a Buick after many years.

Rockman1138

Ventura County CA
Buick Ownership
TourX (prospectively)
36 TourX here. I voted even though I haven't bought it yet, as I'm still pretty sure it's what I'll get. It'll be my first Buick. Only other car I've owned is the one it'll be replacing: my '06 Mazda 3.

bollox74

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
44 voted honestly,

Starting driving in 1990 so, let's see here, car history....I'll omit anything that wasn't a motorcycle, trade or a flip...I think.

1981 Volvo 240 GL
1977 Volkswagen Vanagon passenger
1981 Olds 98' Cutlass Supreme
1986 Ford E150 passenger
1985 Mazda B2000 w topper
1970 Buick Electra 225 convertable
1989 Ford Bronco II
1977 Chevrolet C10 Custom Deluxe short bed
1989 Chevrolet G20 work van
2002 Chevrolet Astro Van passenger
1997 Volkswagen GTI V6
2012 Toyota Camry SE
2018 Buick TourX

DasWagen

Buick Ownership
2018 Tour x
In the heart of the bell curve for the TourX. I was 19 when I purchased my first Buick...it was 1991 and I purchased an 81 Regal that looked like a GN.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
I won't go over all the cars I've had but my first car was a '57 Buick Roadmaster 75 - it was a one owner car I bought from my neighbor. Power seats, power windows, no air but a Wonderbar radio (that worked). That was 1983 when I was in high school, had it through first year of college - real practical on a minimum wage budget to keep running. The TourX is my second Buick.

stembridge

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX Essence
Has anyone else thought the "90 is the Sweet Spot" thread was referring to the same question as this one? :p

I'm in the 50-59 bracket, and our TourX replaced my wife's '12 VW Routan, the last of a long string of minivans. My DD is the Chev SS in my sig, but I find myself grabbing the X keys when we're going somewhere together - something I never used to do with the Routan.

es

Buick Ownership
New Tourx Owner
My only other Buick was a 1937 Special Series 40 with a late model Chevy drive train. While I was not the original owner of the 37 I do feel old after reading the poll.... but happy to see who is buying these wagons.