• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2020 Regal Sportback/TourX - What's New

washide

Stevensville, MI
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Tourx Essence, Smoked Pearl Metallic
The current Camaro comes in that new color. Less green, more blue and a little lighter is my take on the new color based on photos I've seen on the inter-webs.

I have the smoked pearl and have noticed a common issue... The paint doesn't seem to match from panel to panel, or sometimes within a panel.

I don't know what's going on, if it's that the panels are not level and the light is playing tricks, or the way the car is painted at the factory. But my driver's door "looks" darker than the rear door. It's as if the rear door starts to get lighter about 8 inches from the front door.

It was definitely not repainted, and I have seen similar anomalies on other smoked pearl vehicles on line and in person.

It seems to have been a very popular color so maybe color consistency is a reason for it being withdrawn.
My 2018 had this exact issue. I didn't notice it when I took delivery but a couple of people at work pointed it out to me and, as you can see in the pictures, it's quite noticeable on the one panel.

GM bought back the 2018 as a lemon because of a recurring issue with the engine and replaced it with a 2019 optioned the exact same way. The new one doesn't have any issues with the paint (and it's been an amazing car).

Attachments

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
My 2018 had this exact issue. I didn't notice it when I took delivery but a couple of people at work pointed it out to me and, as you can see in the pictures, it's quite noticeable on the one panel.

GM bought back the 2018 as a lemon because of a recurring issue with the engine and replaced it with a 2019 optioned the exact same way. The new one doesn't have any issues with the paint (and it's been an amazing car).
Wow...almost an entirely different color...!

Pathy01

That makes you wonder if they even have a quality control department. There's no excuse for that getting out of the factory.

JORDANSILVERNAIL

HOUSTON, TX
Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal GS, 2014 Regal GS
Yeah think they were having problem getting correct amount of smoke in it all the time.
I must be the lucky one. Because other than excess clear coat globs on a couple corners, my smoked pearl metallic is perfect. I like the color changes from sun light to shadows, and under LED or HID lighting. The paint is supposed to change colors in different lighting and in the shadows. HID and LED lighting make it appear mat grey with blueish sparkles. sunlight makes it appear to have a smokey champagne/pearly grey look. A lot of folks compliment the paint.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I must be the lucky one. Because other than excess clear coat globs on a couple corners, my smoked pearl metallic is perfect. I like the color changes from sun light to shadows, and under LED or HID lighting. The paint is supposed to change colors in different lighting and in the shadows. HID and LED lighting make it appear mat grey with blueish sparkles. sunlight makes it appear to have a smokey champagne/pearly grey look. A lot of folks compliment the paint.
I was kidding about smoke...I meant vapor.

Foxbat

Michiana
Buick Ownership
2018 Quicksilver Regal Sportback Essence AWD
We (well, me, mostly) wanted to get the Smoked Pearl for the reasons Jordan mentioned, but the 2018 Sportback Essence AWD in Smoked Pearl I had been tracking in Cincinnati disappeared back in March. Probably a good thing as the Quicksilver we ended up buying has the charcoal interior which should wear better than the Shale in the Cincinnati car. Also, it came with the winter mats which I wasn't real crazy about, but they're actually quite nice for our eight months of "winter" (I mean, the DoT was spreading Anti-Ice fluid on the on/off ramps yesterday! Enough!)

My in-Laws have a GMC Terrain in the Satin Steel and when it's clean and in the sun, it's quite nice. But one thing my wife noticed with the Quicksilver is it doesn't show the dust and road crud as much as the darker grey cars, so she's happy with the lighter silver, at least around here.

Did the LED headlights get modified for 2020? They don't seem to have the same appearance of the 2018 LEDs we have.

jfgesquire

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX

Mine is not that bad, but it is noticeable once it’s pointed out....

Rear door above the last accent crease, just behind the front door it is noticeably lighter.

jfgesquire

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Mine is not that bad, but it is noticeable once it’s pointed out....

Rear door above the last accent crease, just behind the front door it is noticeably lighter.

View attachment 15716
I must admit this picture REALLY accents the problem. The clouds were just right.

Oddly, the door gets darker as it goes back and then the quarter panel is a jump lighter again.

I looked over this paint job several different ways and I am convinced it was NOT repainted in any way shape or form; but that it came from the factory like that.

lurch70

Queens, NY
Buick Ownership
Owned a 1976 Regal & 1990 Riviera
Anyone know when the 2020 models are due to hit?
It seems like some dealers are getting really aggressive price wise for leftover 2018 MY especially.

ntorch

Blandon, PA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Stopped in for my first oil change and had a chat with the sales mgr. He said they won't be ordering any 2020's. They still have two 2018's.

Banjo

Buick Ownership
2018 Reagal GS
The Bean Counters Discontinued the Smoked Pearl Paint due to the Expense This particular paint was too Expensive for a GM Production Car at that Price Point.

Pedal Commander