• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

2020 Regal Sportback/TourX - What's New

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Two points about my LKA.

1. Here in Central Florida, we have many Country Two Lane Roads that have NO SHOULDERS. Yellow double line down center and White line on edge. No shoulder. Just grass. My LKA does not function on these no shoulder roads.

2. On other roads the LKA sometimes gives a “gentle” nudge and other times, it gives a “forceful” nudge. I have yet figured out why or when it does one or the other.
I’m in central Florida, when I have it on my LKA usually works on roads like that, even on some that don’t have painted lines on the right hand side.

SS-Stealth

Buick Ownership
2020 Regal Tourx Preferred
How did you order it? I am not seeing any info on when is it available for order.
I am still looking for my 2020.
I ordered mine through Enterprise leasing. They have access to ordering tools and the car gets drop shipped to my closest dealer. The last status update showed it was built 9/23... now I just have to wait for it to make the trip across the pond.

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
Regal
I ordered mine through Enterprise leasing. They have access to ordering tools and the car gets drop shipped to my closest dealer. The last status update showed it was built 9/23... now I just have to wait for it to make the trip across the pond.
Interesting.
Maybe I shall head to my local dealers and start asking around since they started building in early August.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Interesting.
Maybe I shall head to my local dealers and start asking around since they started building in early August.
Ordering for 20 Regals is closed, if not in, you will have to settle for something already ordered.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Checked with my local dealer, the salesman said there are only 5 ordered with the same configuration in the US, and his manager will order the car for me. Crossing my fingers.🤞
Good Luck!
Sounds like dealers are killing car, by not ordering many.

greenne

Albany, NY
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
Good Luck!
Sounds like dealers are killing car, by not ordering many.
I hate to say this, but if I was a dealer I wouldn't want to stock a car that isn't selling...taking up lot space. I don't think this is going to end well for survival of the TourX post my2020. With the Opel departure from GM...I imagine the profit margin on a TourX is less than an Encore or Envision or whatever SUV Buick is selling now. You also gotta think long term support is more expensive too...warranty parts(opel supplied), service tech training, etc.

Last edited:

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I think it is more like GM did not even want to sell it in the first place.
Barely any promotions or marketing.
Saw a TourX listed at a dealer in Alabama for over 3 months!
Was it a white Essence at Howard Bentley?

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I think it is more like GM did not even want to sell it in the first place.
Barely any promotions or marketing.
Saw a TourX listed at a dealer in Alabama for over 3 months!
Your right... I think GM could have sold a lot more if people could have driven as rental cars. GM was lucky to sell Opel before current investgation for diesel emisions cheating.

greenne

Albany, NY
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
My thoughts...#1 they are not marketed enough(hardly at all). #2...in the scare marketing...GM is trying to market them as a crossover. (Buick even has it listed as a crossover on website). My opinion..big mistake. This is not a crossover...its a sport luxury wagon. Call it what it is. Embrace it as a more affordable alternative to an audi allroad or volvo v60/v70/v90. Think of it as better subaru wagon before they jacked up everything, put cladding on it and called it an outback.(Remember when Subaru had just a Legacy wagon..non Outback?) Lets face it...if you want a crossover...the TourX isn't the vehicle for you. Thats what subaru is for..the tourX has a paltry 5.7in of ground clearance. No one is offroading in it...ok GM?

I think GM seriously missed an opportunity here for a unique, niche vehicles...a true mainstream station wagon. Station wagons are either luxury(expensive) or a wagon/crossover on stilts(i.e. outback). GM has blown it bigtime...IMO.

greenne

Albany, NY
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
I'll go step further..GM could have rode a wave of nostalgia and resurrected the "Roadmaster" name. Or if they wanted..the Regal Roadmaster.

greenne

Albany, NY
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
Let's be honest. It is a Roadmaster whether they call it one or not. ;)

(Or as the Old Man liked to say - Roadblaster)
I agree...I love the tourX its the perfect vehicle for me(or as close as anything out there). The very same vehicle called a Roadmaster would sell better than a tourX...in my strong opinion.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I'll go step further..GM could have rode a wave of nostalgia and resurrected the "Roadmaster" name. Or if they wanted..the Regal Roadmaster.
Should have called the Essence model the Regal Estate Wagon.
The Preferred model could be the Regal Roadmaster Wagon
Just drop the base model that seems to not exist.

Pedal Commander