A/C off due to high engine temp

G-281914

I figured out this issue on my 2010 lacrosse. It only happened in the winter time for me. As soon as I had warmer temps the issue goes away. Pay really close attention to the coolant level. You cannot see the exact full level really well, it looks to be at level however Inside the overflow is a sensor. If that sensors is exposed at all you get the error. I literally added about 8 ounces or so of water to cover that sensor. Problem went away on my next drive and has not returned so far. Good luck

HerlongJune

Verano
I have a 2015 verano it has now been in the dealership 5 TIMES. I get it back 2 days later same problem.
Engine fan Keeps running and ac off light back on. This is obviously a Buick problem. Is there anyone who has resolved this problem?

Last edited:

G-777143

I figured out this issue on my 2010 lacrosse. It only happened in the winter time for me. As soon as I had warmer temps the issue goes away. Pay really close attention to the coolant level. You cannot see the exact full level really well, it looks to be at level however Inside the overflow is a sensor. If that sensors is exposed at all you get the error. I literally added about 8 ounces or so of water to cover that sensor. Problem went away on my next drive and has not returned so far. Good luck
Note: it came back again after about 3 weeks.

Turbo Buick Badge