Auto start-stop override module is now available!

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
My GSed learned my Driving habits and it doesn't disable the ignition as much as it did when it was new...give the car time to learn.
I like it without wearing out starter.. I asked car to stop, seems we had a failure to communicate.

Robuk

Buick Ownership
no

Banjo said:

My GSed learned my Driving habits and it doesn't disable the ignition as much as it did when it was new...give the car time to learn.
I like it without wearing out starter.. I asked car to stop, seems we had a failure to communicate.

No, it just means there is not enough charge in your battery to turn it on.

no-pistons

Buick Ownership
Tourx
I checked the smartstartstop.com website tonight, and they are proudly announcing the availility of their new auto start/stop defeat module for the Buick Regal 2017 to 2018 MY! Great news. I have been shopping for a new wagon, and the ability to permanently turn off auto s/s has been a requirement before I will buy.

Chevy-Buick-Cadillac-GMC Products
Has anybody seen any other solutions out there? Apparently this guy will not ship to CA according to the website.

mambopalace

Buick Ownership
TourX
Has anybody seen any other solutions out there? Apparently this guy will not ship to CA according to the website.
Send him an e mail. He will answer promptly and has been very accommodating every time I had a question.

no-pistons

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Quote from the website:
This item cannot be shipped to California.
This item cannot be used on California registered vehicles.
Sorry, no exceptions.

justiz00

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Know anyone outside of California that can reroute it for you? I would be willing, but you don’t know me from a hole in the wall.

no-pistons

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Know anyone outside of California that can reroute it for you? I would be willing, but you don’t know me from a hole in the wall.
I do actually. I guess I can resort to doing that if I can not find a quicker / easier solution.

I don't see any limitations at Trifecta. It's more expensive, but still meets your needs....

2018--Present Buick Regal - 2.0L Turbo - AutoStop Delete Only

Trifecta only ships a cable, I don't see how California laws would prohibit it...doesn't mean they wouldn't.
Well ultimately I would prefer the the proper tune over this device, but with my luck something will go wrong and I will be out my powertrain warranty.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
So who here actually has the Trifecta disable only and has confirmed that it doesn't register a flash on the system?
I don't have it but I asked them if the auto stop start only version is undetectable. Response below:

Re: Support Request created via Contact Us Form

Hello,

Thanks for the inquiry. Yes, thats essentially what it means. However, we can't and do not make any guarantees since GM is always changing detection methods. That's why we always suggest flashing back to stock any time you go in to the dealer. That's a feature of our calibration software and easily done.
Thanks,
TRIFECTA Performance Support

Irock1985

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal
I don't have it but I asked them if the auto stop start only version is undetectable. Response below:

Re: Support Request created via Contact Us Form

Hello,

Thanks for the inquiry. Yes, thats essentially what it means. However, we can't and do not make any guarantees since GM is always changing detection methods. That's why we always suggest flashing back to stock any time you go in to the dealer. That's a feature of our calibration software and easily done.
Thanks,
TRIFECTA Performance Support
Yeah see that's just enough grey area to keep me away for now

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Actually I don't think it is gray. They specifically say "flash" and I believe all manufactrers can tell if they car was flashed. So there is no hiding this.

Irock1985

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal
Actually I don't think it is gray. They specifically say "flash" and I believe all manufactrers can tell if they car was flashed. So there is no hiding this.
In my opinion they shouldn't say "yes that's essentially what it means" they should just say no but I understand where your coming from

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.