• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Auto start-stop override module is now available!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia (with a Buick radio)
I was wondering the same thing. I believe there are two wires from the hood latch; one is 'hood closed' the other is 'hood ajar'. I'm wishing that only one of those is needed to prevent the 'hood open' dash warning and the other one would disable both the auto stop/start and the remote vehicle start. That would be a win-win situation for me.

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
...don't know yet (maybe will have the car later this week). I believe I saw a hood open graphic in the DIC window on some video from some site at some time. The business about two wires comes from the attached image.HoodLatch.jpg

Bimmer

3.8L Member
Humboldt County, CA; or Germany
Buick Ownership
Not yet...
...don't know yet (maybe will have the car later this week). I believe I saw a hood open graphic in the DIC window on some video from some site at some time. The business about two wires comes from the attached image.View attachment 12978
I don't have a TourX yet, either...

This is interesting. It looks like there are TWO switches as well as two wires. I wonder if you could close both switches and have the car think the hood is closed AND ajar, and whether that would disable the start-stop.

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
Short answer would be 'the internet'. Long answer would be 'just one of the many bits of potentialy useful information that may be of some guidence if/when the car I ordered back in August ever shows up'. The actual wiring info should be available in a few weeks when (I don't remember the company) comes out with their guide for the 2018 Regal's.

toga94m

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Understood. I'm new to GM, came over from a 2006 BMW and there's tons of info available - schematics, workshop manuals, software... I didn't expect to see actual schematics publicly available this early for a 2018 model. Short of buying the $x00 shop manual from Haynes or whoever.

Katsubento

Hawaii
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
You all realize that after coming to a stop simply releasing the brake and letting the car roll 6 inches will restart the car, and the engine will keep going even when you depress the brake pedal again... right?
Car doesn't even have to move to start again. As soon as my foot is off the brake it starts again.

I haven't installed my device yet still. They only time it reality bothers me is when parking sometimes and it stops when I'm inching into a stall or something.

Gary N

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
I've installed one and it works just as advertised. I wasn't going to, but then my car auto-stopped a few times while I was parking it and I was just plain done with that stupid "feature". Looking forward to Buick permitting Opel to install the OEM disable switch one day, which is right now just a blank cover plate on my console.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Getting use to it, I sure hope mechanicals lifespan is not effected for all those useless cycles of starting. Not much hope of that.
LJ

BrianCoasters

Buick Newbie
Greensboro, NC
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Preferred, Sport Red
Getting use to it, I sure hope mechanicals lifespan is not effected for all those useless cycles of starting. Not much hope of that.
LJ
Yeah see that was my biggest hang-up about the system. The way it functions wasn't a big deal to me, but I have no interest in risking the extra wear just to save a tiny bit of fuel. If I was only leasing the car, I wouldn't have bothered buying the module.

ntorch

Blandon, PA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I'm still on the fence with this 'feature'. I still don't care for it but I'm figuring out how to live with it for now. It's true on a complete stop all you have to do is take your foot off the brake to disengage, but when I pull into my garage and try to inch my way up to the recycle bins it gets tricky as the engine does turn off. This car is longer than the Rav4 it replaced and I have to pull in closer to clear the garage door to avoid the obvious. I had to move one of my garage cabinets to fit the car in. They just don't make garages as big as they used to, lol.;)

WAGONTHEDOG

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I'm still on the fence with this 'feature'. I still don't care for it but I'm figuring out how to live with it for now. It's true on a complete stop all you have to do is take your foot off the brake to disengage, but when I pull into my garage and try to inch my way up to the recycle bins it gets tricky as the engine does turn off. This car is longer than the Rav4 it replaced and I have to pull in closer to clear the garage door to avoid the obvious. I had to move one of my garage cabinets to fit the car in. They just don't make garages as big as they used to, lol.;)
Just put in shift mode?

exlax2002

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Tour X
I bought this module immediately upon purchase and have had installed ever since. Works as advertised. Spending alot of time in traffic (work in NJ live in Manhattan) it was a requirement for me. The remote start is a two second fix and I barely remote start anyway (the joys of parking garage life).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pedal Commander