Auto start-stop override module is now available!

4wheelforay

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
I bought this module immediately upon purchase and have had installed ever since. Works as advertised. Spending alot of time in traffic (work in NJ live in Manhattan) it was a requirement for me. The remote start is a two second fix and I barely remote start anyway (the joys of parking garage life).
Would you elaborate on the remote start "fix"? I have seen conflicting information on it.

Thanks!

exlax2002

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Tour X
Would you elaborate on the remote start "fix"? I have seen conflicting information on it.

Thanks!
You just turn the car off and then back on if remote started. For me the benefit far outweighed this minor inconvenience. If you dont do that then the start stop feature is active which is also not the biggest deal.

4wheelforay

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
You just turn the car off and then back on if remote started. For me the benefit far outweighed this minor inconvenience. If you dont do that then the start stop feature is active which is also not the biggest deal.
Thanks, doesn't sound too bad at all. Do you mind if I clarify?

Process:
Remote start my car
Jump in to leave
Start car
Shut off car
Start car
Party?

EDITED:

If not remote starting, just start and leave, correct?

California TourX

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I checked the smartstartstop.com website tonight, and they are proudly announcing the availility of their new auto start/stop defeat module for the Buick Regal 2017 to 2018 MY! Great news. I have been shopping for a new wagon, and the ability to permanently turn off auto s/s has been a requirement before I will buy.

Chevy-Buick-Cadillac-GMC Products
just put it in neutral. engine will stay running

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.