backup camera guidelines disappear randomly..

Gary N

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
How do you make the mirrors adjust when you're backing up? Can't find the setting.
Reverse tilt mirrors are included with with memory seats. You can turn this on or off through the vehicle personalization settings (or see page 150 in the owners manual).

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal Tour X
Reverse tilt mirrors are included with with memory seats. You can turn this on or off through the vehicle personalization settings (or see page 150 in the owners manual).
Thanks, I'll look in the manual.

EDIT: The option was not available in the menu. After I restarted the car and looked again it showed up, odd.

Last edited:

a200qa

Buick Ownership
tourx
FIXED!

I did a semi factory reset. There are 3 choices under "return to factory settings". The third one is "clear default applications". I did that, and now the backup lines behave properly. Hopefully the fix is persistent.

Thanks to Rhetoric for the suggestion

Delton

California
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal Base
FIXED!

I did a semi factory reset. There are 3 choices under "return to factory settings". The third one is "clear default applications". I did that, and now the backup lines behave properly. Hopefully the fix is persistent.

Thanks to Rhetoric for the suggestion
I was the one that originally suggested factory reset in this thread ☺️ no worries

crush157

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Tour X
I see this on my brand new 2018 Regal Tour X I received last Tuesday. Will try the partial reset.

There is a Communication on this:
  • OCTOBER 17 2017
TSB #17NA331
NHTSA ID #10134612

Summary: This informational bulletin provides information to the customer about the rear camera guidelines not being present at times due to the VBM taking over the rear camera option.

2018 Buick Regal TSBs | CarComplaints.com

a200qa

Buick Ownership
tourx
I see this on my brand new 2018 Regal Tour X I received last Tuesday. Will try the partial reset.

There is a Communication on this:
  • OCTOBER 17 2017
TSB #17NA331
NHTSA ID #10134612

Summary: This informational bulletin provides information to the customer about the rear camera guidelines not being present at times due to the VBM taking over the rear camera option.

2018 Buick Regal TSBs | CarComplaints.com
It is interesting that the TSB applies to all recent GM cars.. Can anyone get a copy of the actual TSB?

I ask because the reset was not persistent. It lasted two days, and now the problem has returned, though seemingly more random than before.

Curious and somewhat frustrating.....

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
In addition to the sometimes vanishing lines, I have noted that my camera lags and the video "jerks" at times. I guess I will have to have the dealer look at it during the first visit unless someone here knows what the issue is. Thanks!

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
I also have this issue. I picked up the car end of July. Manufacture date was about 4 weeks before I got it. The gridlines have been doing this since car was new. And the gridline icon in the lower left corner also disappears. Sometimes they stay on the whole time I am backing up my narrow drive into the garage. I also thought it was because of proximity to objects, but that association was not valid. Now they are off more than on. Has to be a software issue since they sometimes work. I also had the map SD reader go off. There is a reset for that. But that reset did not help with the backup camera. Several weeks ago I sent an email to the Buick help line. Never heard a word back. Very disappointed with lack of reply

Buick Ownership
tourx
Those
I also have this issue. I picked up the car end of July. Manufacture date was about 4 weeks before I got it. The gridlines have been doing this since car was new. And the gridline icon in the lower left corner also disappears. Sometimes they stay on the whole time I am backing up my narrow drive into the garage. I also thought it was because of proximity to objects, but that association was not valid. Now they are off more than on. Has to be a software issue since they sometimes work. I also had the map SD reader go off. There is a reset for that. But that reset did not help with the backup camera. Several weeks ago I sent an email to the Buick help line. Never heard a word back. Very disappointed with lack of reply
That’s essentially the same symtoms our car had before I temporarily fixed it with the partial reset ( see above). Bummer about no response from Buick ....

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.