• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.
  • In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Buick owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Best tires for your Regal

Best replacement tire set you had already tried on your Regal?

• Total voters

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Nitto Motivo is great all-season mid-range tire. Toyo Versado Noir is more comfortable than Michelin Premier, but they dislike cornering. If money is not an issue I would go with Michelin Premier, best all around tires I ever tried.
I can say the same regarding Michelin Defender LTX, if you can accept the high rolling resistance and fuel mileage drop. I have had 4 sets, still run them on the Subie. Great on SUV's and small trucks, Defender LTX still a good handling tire, but I would go more performance on the Regals. When the Conti's wear out I have a set of Pilot Sport Cup 2's waiting in the shed. My snows are Pirelli winter Sottozero 3 245/50 R18 100h runflats that grip and steer quicker than the OEM Conti's, but are a bit noisier and less fuel efficient. As snow tires they are not anywhere near Blizzaks or Ice-X but better than all seasons, plus you get the great handling.

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I would NEVER recommend the Michelin Premier! Just had to swap them out after only 30k on the Outback, which everyone knows couldn't burn rubber if it's life depended on it haha. They only come with 8.5/32 brand new. Switched to Yokohama AVID Ascend GT's and they have been great so far. I also was a fan of the Conti DWS06 I had on my past Trailblazer SS. The General G-MAX AS-03 worked great on the Infiniti, but is more sport oriented. AS for the stock Conti's on the TourX, I have 40k miles and they're holding up really well, for my not so easy driving I do. I find them to not be good or bad, but meh.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence

Jmlo96

Pittsburgh
Buick Ownership
19 Regal TourX Essence
So far I love my Continental ExtremeContact DWS06. They have really good performance without having a rough ride. They are quiet too. My Continental VikingContact winter tires are all great. They feel more like all season tires in normal driving and wear very well. Both are loads quieter than the stock tires.

I have about 2500 miles on these tires. After taking a long trip, the one thing I notice is the sidewalls are a bit soft. The on center steering response suffers from this. This also leads to some flat spotting for the first few miles. They are MUCH quieter on the interstate that the stock tires and are some of the best tires I have ever used for driving through large puddles. So far I'd summarize the DWS06 as luxury performance tires.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I've been looking at these to avoid having to get a dedicated winter set. Seems to be highly rated and reasonably priced.

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires....r=2019&autoModel=Regal+TourX+AWD&autoModClar=

All weather--> snow tire(snowflake symbol)you can use all year.

FWIW...i am a conservative driver in upstate NY(snowbelt)
Vredestein - never heard of them. However reading the description of the tire it notes a high-silica compound, personally I've had very good experience with high-silica compound tires in snowy weather conditions.

greenne

Albany, NY
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX
I've read about 100 reviews on them...appears to be great traction in rain/snow at the possible expense of treadwear. It does appear as if these are probably not the best for the leadfoots of the group. Worth it to trade some treadwear(service life) to get better winter traction without the hassle of dedicated snow tires.

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I've been looking at these to avoid having to get a dedicated winter set. Seems to be highly rated and reasonably priced.

https://m.tirerack.com/tires/tires....r=2019&autoModel=Regal+TourX+AWD&autoModClar=

All weather--> snow tire(snowflake symbol)you can use all year.

FWIW...i am a conservative driver in upstate NY(snowbelt)

I just put some Yokohama Avid Ascend GT's on the Outback a couple of months ago and they're a new 3 peak rated tire. So far, I am happy with them, but only have a few thousand miles on yet. They're quiet and ride very nice. Cheap too!

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the General G-MAX AS-05's for replacements on the TourX. For $40/tire cheaper than the DWS06's, I think they're worth a shot. Anyone hear of any horror stories about them?

Last edited:

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I just put some Yokohama Avid Ascend GT's on the Outback a couple of months ago and they're a new 3 peak rated tire. So far, I am happy with them, but only have a few thousand miles on yet. They're quiet and ride very nice. Cheap too!

I think I'm going to pull the trigger on the General G-MAX AS-05's for replacements on the TourX. For $40/tire cheaper than the DWS06's, I think they're worth a shot. Anyone hear of any horror stories about them?
I have not heard of issues with them and they are on my short list as well. I have had good luck with General's in the past and my buddy is currently running the RS summer version on his SRT and likes those, so I am hoping for the best.

Jmlo96

Pittsburgh
Buick Ownership
19 Regal TourX Essence

I have the AS05 on our Malibu as 3 season tires. They have good traction and tightened up the car compared to the Goodyear Comfortred Touring it had before. I think they have a bit more sporty feeling than the DWS on the wagon. Treadwear seems to be a bit meh so far. Overall they are a tremendous value for the price and I would buy them again for the right price.

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I have not heard of issues with them and they are on my short list as well. I have had good luck with General's in the past and my buddy is currently running the RS summer version on his SRT and likes those, so I am hoping for the best.

Yes, I like the AS-03's that I had, several years ago on a G35 that I had. The only thing I didn't like about those is they were directional.
I have the AS05 on our Malibu as 3 season tires. They have good traction and tightened up the car compared to the Goodyear Comfortred Touring it had before. I think they have a bit more sporty feeling than the DWS on the wagon. Treadwear seems to be a bit meh so far. Overall they are a tremendous value for the price and I would buy them again for the right price.

Good to hear! My only concern really is road noise. I drive 60 miles each way to work, so one large goal is to get something that is at least no louder than stock, but hopefully quieter. I don't want to go to a GT tire, for lack of performance, so I am trying to find the best Jack of All Trades UHP.

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Seems like treadwear is always an issue with a higher performance tire. But hopefully they come close to the tread life warranty.

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Seems like treadwear is always an issue with a higher performance tire. But hopefully they come close to the tread life warranty.

Tread wear isn't a concern of mine really, not is great snow traction, as I use dedicated snow tires. Good performance and being quiet are my top priorities. Not to hijack the thread and make it about me haha.

Jmlo96

Pittsburgh
Buick Ownership
19 Regal TourX Essence
Yes, I like the AS-03's that I had, several years ago on a G35 that I had. The only thing I didn't like about those is they were directional.

Good to hear! My only concern really is road noise. I drive 60 miles each way to work, so one large goal is to get something that is at least no louder than stock, but hopefully quieter. I don't want to go to a GT tire, for lack of performance, so I am trying to find the best Jack of All Trades UHP.
I would say they are pretty quiet. They are not as quiet as the Conti PureContact LS I had on my last car, but by no means bad. They make a pleasant white noise where as the PureContacts were almost eerie quiet. They are definitely WAY quieter than the stock tires on the Regal.

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
I would say they are pretty quiet. They are not as quiet as the Conti PureContact LS I had on my last car, but by no means bad. They make a pleasant white noise where as the PureContacts were almost eerie quiet. They are definitely WAY quieter than the stock tires on the Regal.

Glad to hear, thanks for the feedback!

ready2fly

Sarasota, Florida
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback Preferred II
My OEM Continentals are starting to fall apart. I can see rubber pieces fall out of the sidewall, I will take pictures. Tread is getting very low, so I will need to get new tires within a few months.

I researched tires for a few days and narrowed them down to these (245/45R18):

Michelin Primacy Tour
Bridgestone Touranza QuietTrack
Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II
Toyo Versado Noir

I already know Versado Noirs, since I had them on my previous car. Did anyone try any of the other three tires? New Pirelli Cinturatos have great reviews and they are priced in the middle. I am going for the best comfort/luxury and fuel economy, so no ultra high performance tires.

G-740904

My OEM Continentals are starting to fall apart. I can see rubber pieces fall out of the sidewall, I will take pictures. Tread is getting very low, so I will need to get new tires within a few months.

I researched tires for a few days and narrowed them down to these (245/45R18):

Michelin Primacy Tour
Bridgestone Touranza QuietTrack
Pirelli Cinturato P7 All Season Plus II
Toyo Versado Noir

I already know Versado Noirs, since I had them on my previous car. Did anyone try any of the other three tires? New Pirelli Cinturatos have great reviews and they are priced in the middle. I am going for the best comfort/luxury and fuel economy, so no ultra high performance tires.

How many miles on your OEM tires? I under ymmv, but trying to get a feeling on how long they'll last

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Michelin just came out with a new all weather tire called CrossClimate 2. It has the 3PMSF symbol for winter use as well.
Wondering if they are better than just all-season tires...