• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Best tires for your Regal

Best replacement tire set you had already tried on your Regal?

• Total voters

ready2fly

Sarasota, Florida
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal Sportback Preferred II
I have to admit Road Force balancing makes a huge difference. I had my new set installed at the dealership, but my steering was vibrating at highway speeds. I went to a local custom wheel shop, they balanced all four wheels with Road Force machine. My Regal now feels brand new. Amazing straight line stability, excellent even acceleration. He charges $30 per tire to mount and balance, but it is absolutely worth it. Mercedes dealer charges $400 for Road Force :oops:

j5i7

Utah
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
If you do ended up with these, please let us know how they work out for you. :thumpsup:

I've had the Michelin Crossclimate2 (235/50R18 97V) tires on my TourX for the past month and I'm overall pleased. The winter has been pretty weak so far in Utah, so I still haven't done any true snow driving aside from driving on packed snow slowly at the ski resort. From what I'm reading online they seems to be excellent in the snow for an all-season tire. The dry/wet traction is great and the tires are not loud. The ride comfort is also good, but perhaps a tad bit stiffer.

My only concern is that my fuel economy is down; however, this is confounded by the weather being colder too, so the jury is still out until the spring on economy.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I've had the Michelin Crossclimate2 (235/50R18 97V) tires on my TourX for the past month and I'm overall pleased. The winter has been pretty weak so far in Utah, so I still haven't done any true snow driving aside from driving on packed snow slowly at the ski resort. From what I'm reading online they seems to be excellent in the snow for an all-season tire. The dry/wet traction is great and the tires are not loud. The ride comfort is also good, but perhaps a tad bit stiffer.

My only concern is that my fuel economy is down; however, this is confounded by the weather being colder too, so the jury is still out until the spring on economy.
Keep us updated. Those tires come in a wide enough variety of sizes they might become a "go to" for those of us who prefer not to have to store and mount and etc snow tires every year. Especially those of us in the High Altitude Deserts of the Southwest who can get slammed with a snowstorm but go through long dry stretches.

bloomer

Stillwater Mn.
Buick Ownership
TourX (Red Needle)
Update on Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4, 235/50 zr18. About 2000 mi now great tire versus oem. Seem to be fine as temp drops in mn. No snow experience yet. There are a couple reviews on tire rack about snow performance, both positive. Really woke up performance of vehicle,oems really hindered performance.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Update on Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 4, 235/50 zr18. About 2000 mi now great tire versus oem. Seem to be fine as temp drops in mn. No snow experience yet. There are a couple reviews on tire rack about snow performance, both positive. Really woke up performance of vehicle,oems really hindered performance.
IIRC Toyota/Subaru has switched over to Pilot Sport A/S for the standard tire on the 86/BRZ. Seems like a solid endorsement of them as a "sports car" tire to me.

bloomer

Stillwater Mn.
Buick Ownership
TourX (Red Needle)
Update, finally real winter in Minnesota. Plunging temps, strong winds, sideways snow. Fun stuff. A chance to try pilot sport a/s 4’s in slippery conditions. More than pleasantly surprised. Did some total stop acceleration runs. Better than oem,s. Steering response with slippery conditions better than oem’s. So far I’m impressed. My reference would be my previous A-6 4.2 sport pkg Audi with dedicated winters. Thing was a snow mobile. This is quite competent with this tire. Updates to come. Mele Kalikimaka.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Well I'll be getting a new set soon after one of the stock Continental's becoming "out of round" (that's detailed in the "Shaking Regal" thread.)

Looking at the brands my local tire shop carries in the TourX stock size I've narrowed it down. I'm looking to be better than the stock ProContact TX in lateral grip (skid pad) and be equal or better in all other areas. I'm looking mostly at Touring/High Performance All-Season type tires. I like a good value - I don't buy the cheapest I don't buy the most expensive, I try to buy something that gives me almost all the ability of the expensive option at a middle-of-the-road price.

Here's My List of Candidates:

Hercules Raptis R-T5 (this one due to a very good experience I had with Hercules all-terrain tires on 2 different vehicles, Hercules is a sub-brand of Cooper)

General: G-MAX AS-05

Uniroyal Tiger Paw GTZ AS2

Yokohama Avid Ascend GT

Cooper: CS5 Ultra Touring

Hankook: Ventus S1 noble2 (H452)

Any experience with any of these?

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Well I'll be getting a new set soon after one of the stock Continental's becoming "out of round" (that's detailed in the "Shaking Regal" thread.)

Looking at the brands my local tire shop carries in the TourX stock size I've narrowed it down. I'm looking to be better than the stock ProContact TX in lateral grip (skid pad) and be equal or better in all other areas. I'm looking mostly at Touring/High Performance All-Season type tires. I like a good value - I don't buy the cheapest I don't buy the most expensive, I try to buy something that gives me almost all the ability of the expensive option at a middle-of-the-road price.

Hercules Raptis R-T5 (this one due to a very good experience I had with Hercules all-terrain tires on 2 different vehicles, Hercules is a sub-brand of Cooper)

Yokohama Avid Ascend GT

245/50-18 fit just fine also. Gives the car a fuller look, being just a bit larger and wider.

Jmlo96

Pittsburgh
Buick Ownership
19 Regal TourX Essence

Yokohama Avid Ascend GT

My sister has the Generals on her Malibu. They are really decent tires, although they are not as whisper quiet as my Conti PureContact LS. I'd personally stay away from the CS5 Ultra Tourings. I had a set on my last car that wore out in 5k miles. My pick would either be the Generals if you want sporty or the Yokohama's if you want a long lasting, good all around tire.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Thanks for the input - I have been looking at some of Tire Rack's test data (the one's where they actually mount the tires on a car put them through their paces). Obviously they can't test EVERY tire but I was a little disappointed that the ProContact had never been through Tire Rack testing. It would help give me a comparison baseline.

I was trying to research the Hercules tires and found someone on a Focus ST forum who had bought them but dropped off the forum right after purchasing them. :rolleyes:

Info I was finding on Cooper Touring tires seems like they are really summer tires pretending to be an all-season.

The nickname from my colleagues is "DataDan" - I guess what I really need is an "Alex on Autos" of the tire world. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

RTF

I would really like to put the Crossclimate‘s on my GS but unfortunately it doesn’t look like they make them in 19s yet. I have Pirelli Sottozero 3s on now that I’ll probably just run until they wear out and replace with an all season. If the Crossclimates aren’t available then I’ll just settle for the DWS’s.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX

Yokohama Avid Ascend GT

I don't think he is around anymore to comment further but user L J seemed to be happy with the General G-Max AS-05 tires in size 255 45 ZR 18.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I would really like to put the Crossclimate‘s on my GS but unfortunately it doesn’t look like they make them in 19s yet. I have Pirelli Sottozero 3s on now that I’ll probably just run until they wear out and replace with an all season. If the Crossclimates aren’t available then I’ll just settle for the DWS’s.
Pirelli Sottozero 3s, got them on my TourX. What is your take on them?

ready2fly

Sarasota, Florida
Buick Ownership
My next tire list:

Pirelli Cinturato P7 Plus II
Michelin Primacy MXM4 and Primacy Tour and Pilot Sport 4 A/S
Continental PureContact LS

If you guys had tried any of the abovementioned tires please comment on the handling, acceleration, fuel economy.

OEM ProContact TX are amazing acceleration combined with butter smoothness, but turning/cornering is their weak spot.

Last edited:

ready2fly

Sarasota, Florida
Buick Ownership

Yokohama Avid Ascend GT

I just got Yokohama Avid Ascend LX for our Avalon. Excellent tires all around. LX are not available in our size, GT version should be a bit more sporty.
I would add Toyo Proxes 4 Plus and Nitto Motivo to your list. Both excellent all around Ultra High Performance tires close to touring in comfort. I have no idea how they would feel on the Regal, but they were great on my previous car (Proxes 4 Plus were OEM tires on it).

ready2fly

Sarasota, Florida
Buick Ownership
My sister has the Generals on her Malibu. They are really decent tires, although they are not as whisper quiet as my Conti PureContact LS. I'd personally stay away from the CS5 Ultra Tourings. I had a set on my last car that wore out in 5k miles. My pick would either be the Generals if you want sporty or the Yokohama's if you want a long lasting, good all around tire.
How many miles do you have on your PureContact LS? Is fuel economy still comparable to ProContact TX? Is acceleration similar or better than stock?General G-MAX AS-05 are standard on the redesigned 2021 Buick Envision. I have to say new Envision looks beautiful. It would be a very likely replacement for my Regal, although I hate the fact it is made in China.

Attachments

• 2021 Envision Interior.jpg
    2021 Envision Interior.jpg
    187.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 2021 Envision.jpg
    2021 Envision.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 11

Jmlo96

Pittsburgh
Buick Ownership
19 Regal TourX Essence
How many miles do you have on your PureContact LS? Is fuel economy still comparable to ProContact TX? Is acceleration similar or better than stock?General G-MAX AS-05 are standard on the redesigned 2021 Buick Envision. I have to say new Envision looks beautiful. It would be a very likely replacement for my Regal, although I hate the fact it is made in China.
I have about 3000 miles on them. They haven't worn at all. They are definitely better then stock. I'd say they took all the good and bad qualities of the ProContacts and improved on them to make an awesome tire. I haven't noticed any fuel economy hit. Hard to tell in acceleration since the TourX is AWD. I can tell you they are much more sporty then the DWS06 that got warrantied out due to unsolvable vibrations.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I just got Yokohama Avid Ascend LX for our Avalon. Excellent tires all around. LX are not available in our size, GT version should be a bit more sporty.
I would add Toyo Proxes 4 Plus and Nitto Motivo to your list. Both excellent all around Ultra High Performance tires close to touring in comfort. I have no idea how they would feel on the Regal, but they were great on my previous car (Proxes 4 Plus were OEM tires on it).
I'm going by the brands that my local favorite tire shop sells - I trust them for service afterward. I also like supporting local business. :) I was able to find the GMax and the Yokohama GT on tire rack and tire rack had tested both of them. Seemed like the General was a better all around tire but they hadn't gotten a chance to test the G-Max in the snow.

I've been trying to figure out why the BF Goodrich G-force Comp-2 A/S Plus isn't recommended for the TourX when it does come in the stock size. Even the BF Goodrich website says "does not fit your Buick Regal TourX".

ready2fly

Sarasota, Florida
Buick Ownership
I'm going by the brands that my local favorite tire shop sells - I trust them for service afterward. I also like supporting local business. :) I was able to find the GMax and the Yokohama GT on tire rack and tire rack had tested both of them. Seemed like the General was a better all around tire but they hadn't gotten a chance to test the G-Max in the snow.

I've been trying to figure out why the BF Goodrich G-force Comp-2 A/S Plus isn't recommended for the TourX when it does come in the stock size. Even the BF Goodrich website says "does not fit your Buick Regal TourX".
Go with either one. General G-MAX seems to be very popular and the price is excellent. They are made by Continental and they should be in the performance category. They also look great. Please provide feedback after you install whichever one you decide to go with.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!