biggest complaint about your LaCrosse

MarcM

Buick Newbie
Monadnock Region, NH
Buick Ownership
08 Lacrosse Super
10000% agree here - mileage should be waaaay better on this thing.

Here I am 9 years later with mine tho ... hahaha! :D

I don't mind. I fill'er up with 93 octane and give it hell. Drilled/slotted carbon fiber/ceramic brakes, new suspension as of today and W rated tires. 300 hp, 325 ft/lb torque LS4 V8. CYA! LOL! Have to pay to play. The Maroon Marauder... the terror of Interstate 89.

New England
Buick Ownership
'14 Lacrosse Premium II
Instrument cluster on my 2014 constantly reverts to "sport" view rather than the "touring" view that I prefer. It's so random and an obvious glitch, there's no rhyme or reason for when it happens. It does happen a few times per week and drives me nuts.
Same issue for me. I found some older posts about it and it can be fixed with a reprogram by dealership.

alphabets

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick LaCrosse
Same issue for me. I found some older posts about it and it can be fixed with a reprogram by dealership.
That's good to know. My certified pre-owned warranty was up in November. Stinks because now I will most likely be on the hook for it.

New England
Buick Ownership
'14 Lacrosse Premium II
I hear ya. I flipped out the first few times it happened but now I just go with it, its only a 5 second change back. Plus I get a handful of other random electrical twitches and strange fault messages that come and go with the wind. Good luck!

metooBUSTEDKNUCKLES

Buick Ownership
06 LACROSSE 00 LESABRE
Yes, I do love my 2007 LaCrosse (to me, the most beautiful Buick since the 1960 convertible, though less 50's dramatic). This LaCrosse has a certain "Jaguar S-Type" look about it (which sadly began to fade in 2008 and beyond), with the separated front headlights, sculpted hood, and the isolated oval grill. In fact, a neighbor thought I'd bought a new Jaguar model when I first brought this one home! (Which made my day!!😁) I also love the forward-thrusted look of the overall body profile, which reminds me of "futuristic" cars like the Avanti (remember that one?) and the Citroën SM (which I craved, but could not afford....thank goodness, since either one is impossible to have repaired now). Lucky for me, my now old 2007 has proven to be far more reliable than those Jags or Citroëns, and it still runs as smoothly and quietly as when I bought it 12 years ago, and flies noiselessly like an airliner down the interstate, and still washes up looking brand new. (And Buick dealers still repair it very well, whenever necessary!)

OKAY. First big beef about my LaCrosse: The front seats are TOO HARD! Yes, I must admit that they have stood up well all these years and hardly look worn at all (but so would granite!:p)! And the mouse fur upholstery is surprisingly easy to clean up with a little Windex and a rough terry-cloth rag.

I guess I mind the hardness of the seats more now than I did 12 years ago, when my own personal um..."seat" had more "natural padding" - but now it's feeling more like "bone to stone". I hate the idea of gooking up the perfect interior with a seat cushion - looking for a beige one to match the upholstery, but haven't found the perfect shade yet. Hopefully...!

Second, I can't clear the clouded headlight lenses very well. The only solution seems to be a replacement of the whole headlight assemblies ($$$) - but the headlights work fine! It's just those blasted plastic lenses. Anybody have a suggestion for this? PlastX was less than satisfactory, and ArmorAll was a disaster.

Dave
Hi Dave. I used the 3M headlight restore on my 06 Lacrosse that worked very well. They were super oxidized and cloudy but now look almost new.
I read in one of your earlier posts, complaints about the ride. I have the same. Did you ever find a solution?

metooBUSTEDKNUCKLES

Buick Ownership
06 LACROSSE 00 LESABRE
Hi Dave. I used the 3M headlight restore on my 06 Lacrosse that worked very well. They were super oxidized and cloudy but now look almost new.
I read in one of your earlier posts, complaints about the ride. I have the same. Did you ever find a solution?

metooBUSTEDKNUCKLES

Buick Ownership
06 LACROSSE 00 LESABRE
Yes, I do love my 2007 LaCrosse (to me, the most beautiful Buick since the 1960 convertible, though less 50's dramatic). This LaCrosse has a certain "Jaguar S-Type" look about it (which sadly began to fade in 2008 and beyond), with the separated front headlights, sculpted hood, and the isolated oval grill. In fact, a neighbor thought I'd bought a new Jaguar model when I first brought this one home! (Which made my day!!😁) I also love the forward-thrusted look of the overall body profile, which reminds me of "futuristic" cars like the Avanti (remember that one?) and the Citroën SM (which I craved, but could not afford....thank goodness, since either one is impossible to have repaired now). Lucky for me, my now old 2007 has proven to be far more reliable than those Jags or Citroëns, and it still runs as smoothly and quietly as when I bought it 12 years ago, and flies noiselessly like an airliner down the interstate, and still washes up looking brand new. (And Buick dealers still repair it very well, whenever necessary!)

OKAY. First big beef about my LaCrosse: The front seats are TOO HARD! Yes, I must admit that they have stood up well all these years and hardly look worn at all (but so would granite!:p)! And the mouse fur upholstery is surprisingly easy to clean up with a little Windex and a rough terry-cloth rag.

I guess I mind the hardness of the seats more now than I did 12 years ago, when my own personal um..."seat" had more "natural padding" - but now it's feeling more like "bone to stone". I hate the idea of gooking up the perfect interior with a seat cushion - looking for a beige one to match the upholstery, but haven't found the perfect shade yet. Hopefully...!

Second, I can't clear the clouded headlight lenses very well. The only solution seems to be a replacement of the whole headlight assemblies ($$$) - but the headlights work fine! It's just those blasted plastic lenses. Anybody have a suggestion for this? PlastX was less than satisfactory, and ArmorAll was a disaster.

Dave

Buickguy123

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I saw a video where a guy used mosquito repellent to clean his lights. I tried it and it does help. He said the more deet in the spray the better. Cheers!

fireflymedic

Buick Newbie
NW Fla.
Buick Ownership
2014 Buick Lacrosse
2014. It has no tow hook, front or rear. First car I've had that did not have a removable hook or any way to hook a strap to ot to get pulled out of a ditch or something.

G-701834

I saw a video where a guy used mosquito repellent to clean his lights. I tried it and it does help. He said the more deet in the spray the better. Cheers!
The trouble with tricks using products not specifically for headlights is the polycarbonate is very sensitive to chemical attack and will haze, craze, and weaken. McGuire’s has a spray. You need to wet sand first, lots of work but if you get it right they literally look like new.

Buickguy123

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
The trouble with tricks using products not specifically for headlights is the polycarbonate is very sensitive to chemical attack and will haze, craze, and weaken. McGuire’s has a spray. You need to wet sand first, lots of work but if you get it right they literally look like new.
Chris Fix on YouTube has vídeos on this...does not recommend mosquito repellant.

Eric2281

Chicagoland
Buick Ownership
2010 Buick LaCrosse CXS
Hey everyone, new guy here. I recently picked up a 2010 Lacrosse cxs for a price I couldn’t refuse. I just read every single post in this thread and I have to say, having only had this car for about the past two weeks, I can say I relate to a lot of these posts LOL. So far, I do like the car and will reserve final judgment in the weeks to come after becoming very familiar with it. Thank you for all of the info so far!

-Eric

Mad*Max

Toronto
Buick Ownership
2010 LaCrosse CXS, 2019 Corvette Stingray, 2018 Cadillac ATS AWD
Hey everyone, new guy here. I recently picked up a 2010 Lacrosse cxs for a price I couldn’t refuse. I just read every single post in this thread and I have to say, having only had this car for about the past two weeks, I can say I relate to a lot of these posts LOL. So far, I do like the car and will reserve final judgment in the weeks to come after becoming very familiar with it. Thank you for all of the info so far!

-Eric
You will love the car, I bought my 2010 new and will drive it into the ground!

AgronAlum

Buick Ownership
2014 Lacrosse
Everything so far. I just hit 63k and it seems like I have a light flashing at me every other week. Just took care of a battery that left me on the side of the road needing a tow. A faulty tire pressure sensor. A few days ago I had the stabilitrack and ABS lights show up and now a couple days later, I’ve got service airbag. This thing has been a pile.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!