biggest complaint about your LaCrosse

Buick Ownership
lacrosse 2006
Mine too: a '47 Cadillac fastback, a '58 Impala, a '66 Impala SS (the mildest kind of "super sport" you could imagine), and a '74 Monte Carlo. He almost always bought used, or new just before the latest model came out -- though he picked up his '66 in December of '65, so it must have been brand new.

I know how hard it will be to find another sedan. Probably I'll have to hang on to the LaCrosse for a while.

My complaints? I wish the car had a "roll the windows down when unlocking" feature; the door lock button is in an awkward place; and I wish the rear headrests could be folded down electrically. And . . . that's it.

Well, sure, as I said above, I could wish for better gas mileage. But in a trade-off between a tiny car with great gas mileage and a smooth comfortable vehicle that gulps a bit more fuel, I'll take the latter every time.
agree - also enjoy the acceleration on the freeway wow I sure surprise the other drivers when im getting on the on ramp....don't even try to beat me if I actually want to get on.

Buick Ownership
lacrosse 2006
Buick stayed and Pontiac and Olds are gone because of China.
The Chinese Market loves big beautiful Buicks.
For 2020 the La Crosse is gone, finished, over in the USA, but still sold and improved upon for the Chinese GM buying market.

Americans simply aren't buying sedans anymore, or in numbers that justify their continued production.

I've had my '13 LaCrosse now for 9 months now, put on 12,000 hard driving commuting miles on it. It's needed nothing but an oil change.
The original factory Michelins with 33,000 miles on 'em have lots of tread life left.
It's performed beyond my expectations so far.

Appreciate your comparison to your old BMW 3.
I'd love to have a German Status car, as my daily commuter, but the thought of maintenance costs always scared me away.

Funny you call the LaCrosse the Roadmaster...
The word " LeSabre " has slipped out a few times for me.

Buick surely needs to seek out a fresh Ad Agency,
but...If all they're going to make anymore are Enclaves, Encore's and Envisions... Why Bother...
I really prefer sitting down low. Ive tried driving someone elses Toyota SUV and I did not like being up higher. I am still in my 30s but I like the sedans. If you're not in your 20s and need room for your surfboard bike beach stuff and don't have kids you really don't need a SUV style car.

HotZ28

SE
Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU 2019 Regal GS
I really prefer sitting down low. Ive tried driving someone elses Toyota SUV and I did not like being up higher. I am still in my 30s but I like the sedans. If you're not in your 20s and need room for your surfboard bike beach stuff and don't have kids you really don't need a SUV style car.
I think this thread is getting too old to be active!!!

SmoothRide

Ozarks
Buick Ownership
2007 LaCrosse
What is the biggest complaint you have of your LaCrosse? I know we all love these cars, I'm just curious to see if there is a pattern....I'm interested to hear your pet peeves.
Yes, I do love my 2007 LaCrosse (to me, the most beautiful Buick since the 1960 convertible, though less 50's dramatic). This LaCrosse has a certain "Jaguar S-Type" look about it (which sadly began to fade in 2008 and beyond), with the separated front headlights, sculpted hood, and the isolated oval grill. In fact, a neighbor thought I'd bought a new Jaguar model when I first brought this one home! (Which made my day!!😁) I also love the forward-thrusted look of the overall body profile, which reminds me of "futuristic" cars like the Avanti (remember that one?) and the Citroën SM (which I craved, but could not afford....thank goodness, since either one is impossible to have repaired now). Lucky for me, my now old 2007 has proven to be far more reliable than those Jags or Citroëns, and it still runs as smoothly and quietly as when I bought it 12 years ago, and flies noiselessly like an airliner down the interstate, and still washes up looking brand new. (And Buick dealers still repair it very well, whenever necessary!)

OKAY. First big beef about my LaCrosse: The front seats are TOO HARD! Yes, I must admit that they have stood up well all these years and hardly look worn at all (but so would granite!:p)! And the mouse fur upholstery is surprisingly easy to clean up with a little Windex and a rough terry-cloth rag.

I guess I mind the hardness of the seats more now than I did 12 years ago, when my own personal um..."seat" had more "natural padding" - but now it's feeling more like "bone to stone". I hate the idea of gooking up the perfect interior with a seat cushion - looking for a beige one to match the upholstery, but haven't found the perfect shade yet. Hopefully...!

Second, I can't clear the clouded headlight lenses very well. The only solution seems to be a replacement of the whole headlight assemblies ($$$) - but the headlights work fine! It's just those blasted plastic lenses. Anybody have a suggestion for this? PlastX was less than satisfactory, and ArmorAll was a disaster.

Dave

LoyalistCDA

Buick Ownership
Buick Lacrosse
Please note! If you have a complaint that you NEED HELP with - please CLICK HERE to start a new topic. Right here we're just having a discussion about complaints. If you need assistance, please click here to create a new topic. Thank you!

What is the biggest complaint you have of your LaCrosse? I know we all love these cars, I'm just curious to see if there is a pattern.

I for one can't stand that I have nowhere to put my left foot when driving. I'm in a very awkward position, that I will get used to eventually. But the wheel well makes it difficult to get truly comfortable. I'm always trying to figure out what to do with my left foot, as I only drive with my right foot.

I'm interested to hear your pet peeves.
This may be unique to Canada but my biggest pet peeve is the sloping rear window on my 2014 Lacrosse. When melting snow or rain freezes, it becomes impossible to open the trunk. The trunk lifts at such an angle, that once there is ice in the gap it can't be opened. It's as if it was welded shut.

Globetrot1

Buick Ownership
LaCrosse CX, (2008, 3800 Series III V6 ); previously: Regal Custom coupe (1992, 3800 Series I V6)
On my lacrosse my trunk popper is holding the unlock button down for 3 or 5 second its an 05
On '05 to '09, they could have done a better job (making it an altogether different switch) than making you hold down the power door lock button. I have never liked that, either.

LucilleFurey

Buick Ownership
2018 LaCrosse
Please note! If you have a complaint that you NEED HELP with - please CLICK HERE to start a new topic. Right here we're just having a discussion about complaints. If you need assistance, please click here to create a new topic. Thank you!

What is the biggest complaint you have of your LaCrosse? I know we all love these cars, I'm just curious to see if there is a pattern.

I for one cant stand that i have nowhere to put my left foot when driving. I'm in a very awkward position, that I will get used to eventually. But the wheelwell really makes it difficult to get truly comfortable. I'm always trying to figure out what to do with my left foot, as I only drive with my right foot.

I'm interested to hear your pet peeves.
I wish there was a quick charging pad instead of a charging sleeve In my 2018 LaCrosse that doesn’t work with either my husband’s or my phone. Phones come in so many different sizes I think the sleeve was a bad idea since it is only useful for a finite set of phones. My pet peeve.

Globetrot1

Buick Ownership
LaCrosse CX, (2008, 3800 Series III V6 ); previously: Regal Custom coupe (1992, 3800 Series I V6)
Yes, I do love my 2007 LaCrosse (to me, the most beautiful Buick since the 1960 convertible, though less 50's dramatic). This LaCrosse has a certain "Jaguar S-Type" look about it (which sadly began to fade in 2008 and beyond), with the separated front headlights, sculpted hood, and the isolated oval grill. Lucky for me, my now old 2007 has proven to be far more reliable than those Jags or Citroëns, and it still runs as smoothly and quietly as when I bought it 12 years ago, and flies noiselessly like an airliner down the interstate, and still washes up looking brand new. (And Buick dealers still repair it very well, whenever necessary!)

OKAY. First big beef about my LaCrosse: The front seats are TOO HARD! Yes, I must admit that they have stood up well all these years and hardly look worn at all! And the mouse fur upholstery is surprisingly easy to clean up with a little Windex and a rough terry-cloth rag.

I guess I mind the hardness of the seats more now than I did 12 years ago, when my own personal um..."seat" had more "natural padding" - but now it's feeling more like "bone to stone". I hate the idea of gooking up the perfect interior with a seat cushion - looking for a beige one to match the upholstery, but haven't found the perfect shade yet. Hopefully...!

I agree and disagree, but mostly agree. The car is reliable, I see so many on the road, they feel solid like a bank vault, and, for those that have been taken care of, they wash up looking great.

The seats are hard after coming into this car from its predecessor - the Regal - on the same W chassis. It's amazing when you read furniture reviews and people complain about their furniture showing excessive wear or falling apart in no time, yet the seats of this car, and my last car, looked like new after 10 years. To get some comfort and to sit up a little higher, I got a tapered wedge shaped foam cushion with a sherpa-like fabric cover that cost me about $15 (don't remember where). I've got the gray interior, and mine is off-white, so it's not bad. It has last me 5+ years.

I think that the '08 and '09 front grille is nicer than the '05 to '07. By leaning back, it makes the car look a little "younger" and sleeker, and not as directly related to the final run of the LeSabre. However, giving credit to the '05 to '07, I like the subtlety of the vertical vanes in that grille. The '08 and '09 ones are sort of flashy and they could have used some "blacking out," sort of like they did on the grille of the Verano.

I think this thread keeps on because it addresses 3 successive generations of LaCrosse spanning 14 years!

Globetrot1

Buick Ownership
"Americans simply aren't buying sedans anymore, or in numbers that justify their continued production."

Lots of companies still sell lots of sedans. But GM for whatever reason thinks they can make a lot more money selling trucks to their customers, so they don't even bother trying to market their cars. Their dealers, clearly getting the hint, stopped stocking them -- at least Buick dealers stopped bothering with any sedans around my neck of the woods. Which is a real shame because my LaCrosse is absolutely the best car I have ever owned - the darn thing is just flawless - so well designed and built - it drives like a dream. Sad that when it comes time for a new car I'll probably have to leave the GM family. My dad started buying them in 1959, and we've always had a GM car in the family since. But my dad always bought those huge GM coupes - never a sedan - and then those went extinct. Just another end of an another era I suppose.

Very sad when curtains fall on eras and traditions you like. I have driven principally GM since age 16. We have had other brands around the house and I'd drive them on occasion. GM may pick up some buyers with this move but will also lose some. I, for one, am not happy. I like driving a car. While I appreciate what these newer types of vehicles offer and have driven them, mostly as rentals, SUVs, CUVs, vans, and trucks aren't for me.

Bhodi's Buick

Lake Michigan's South Shore
Buick Ownership
'13 LaCrosse 303 HP V6
Have had my '13 LaCrosse for 1 year now.
Purchased 1 year ago with 21,000 miles, now at 36,000 miles.

Wrote a rather long post earlier in the year citing more likes than things not liked.

2 things to add on the dislike category..

At Highway Speeds, Hear wind noise coming from the top rear corner of driver's window.
No Biggie, the car is soooo quiet, perhaps this little noise is more pronounced than it really is.

Side view mirrors are small, that's good because who wants Dumbo Ear Mirrors in a sleekish sedan..
BUT... they really do hide cars.
Really make certain that no cars are hidden from view when changing lanes, look over your shoulder and bob your head around to assure all is clear.

Other than these 2 notable additions, all is well, and extremely satisfied with the trusty performance a 6, now 7 year old car has provided over the last year. Changed Oil a few times and Rotated the Original Michelin Tires is all.

Car heats up fast in the winter, leather seats still smell new and of a quality leather, smooth powerful V6 scoots along nicely.

1 last thing, when you slam on the accelerator, there is slight hesitation before it roars to life to get you going.. still confident that if needing to gun it to avoid something, it will scoot in time to get you in the clear.

jb7

Buick Ownership
2015 lacrosse
15 leather... sunshade is too light,

but biggest complaint is the fact the heated steering wheel is left off the leather package. Heated seats, most comfort options I need... yet Wheel heat button is locked... shame on me for assuming it had it

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged)
Have had my '13 LaCrosse for 1 year now.
Purchased 1 year ago with 21,000 miles, now at 36,000 miles.

Wrote a rather long post earlier in the year citing more likes than things not liked.

2 things to add on the dislike category..

At Highway Speeds, Hear wind noise coming from the top rear corner of driver's window.
No Biggie, the car is soooo quiet, perhaps this little noise is more pronounced than it really is.

Side view mirrors are small, that's good because who wants Dumbo Ear Mirrors in a sleekish sedan..
BUT... they really do hide cars.
Really make certain that no cars are hidden from view when changing lanes, look over your shoulder and bob your head around to assure all is clear.

Other than these 2 notable additions, all is well, and extremely satisfied with the trusty performance a 6, now 7 year old car has provided over the last year. Changed Oil a few times and Rotated the Original Michelin Tires is all.

Car heats up fast in the winter, leather seats still smell new and of a quality leather, smooth powerful V6 scoots along nicely.

1 last thing, when you slam on the accelerator, there is slight hesitation before it roars to life to get you going.. still confident that if needing to gun it to avoid something, it will scoot in time to get you in the clear.
Remember, side mirrors are to be positioned pointed AT your blindspot, and you should NOT see your car in your mirrors. Essentially, where your rear view ends your side should begin.

jft69z

Western NY
Buick Ownership
'11 CXL-gone, '11 CTS-V Coupe (6M), '13 ZR1 Vette, '69 RS/Z-28 454 cu.in;'18 BMW M550
What model do you have? The interior trunk release is a square unmarked button on the drivers door, low down towards the front on the 2014.

It was a 2011 CXL, but it's long gone. GM pissed me off with some warranty work on my CTS-V when I was looking to replace the Buick. I ended up with a '15 BMW 550, and another '18 M550 after that. Looking to order another one pretty soon. Best thing they ever did was jerk me around for 6 weeks, I love the M550. With AWD and 4 snows, it's a hell of a fun winter car.

Last edited:
Buick Ownership
lacrosse 2006
this thread is still active? lol:) i got another year in my buick what i dont like is the peeling paint but i can fix that. i am at 163,000 miles. this car was a hand me down but i dont care i like how powerful it is its smooth and it looks good. It has been on the road since 2006 so I am happy its still driving fine. it is starting to get a rumbly tire axis though. every repair ive done has so far kept it running and i keep the oil change current and try to keep tire pressure current. ive never done a steering alignment though or a tire alignment which i probaly should do because it definitely is not aligned dead center.

Bhodi's Buick

Lake Michigan's South Shore
Buick Ownership
'13 LaCrosse 303 HP V6
Hey LaCrosse Gang...

It's your Bud, Bhodi, :cool: so here's a new complaint. . .

Covid19 Related . .

My Complaint...
I've been working from home since March 16th. . . .
I typically put 70 miles a day on the Bhodi Mobile . . .
Commuting to work and back, and taking a leisurely Lunch spin. . .

I MISS THE ALONE TIME in the LaCrosse ~ Crazy ~ Right ?

Haven't bought a tank of gas for it since March.

I'm used to 30 minutes one way of High Speed Highway and High Intensity Traffic Weaving on a daily basis, that's an Hour of wheel time, plus another 20 or so minutes at Lunch . . .

Now, I see it every morning, I'll towel dry the morning dew off it, maybe take a spin around the cbock just to keep its juices flowing, but that daily grind of getting to office in the LaCrosse is surely missed. . .

Plans are to get me back there in the office in August, so the LaCrosse gets an extended break. . .

fullsizeoutput_400.jpeg

Should have cancelled the Sirius XM had I known it be this long out of the daily Commuter. . .

Until the next complaint ~ pArTy ~ oN LaCrosse Gang !

Get your turbo buick badge right here!