biggest complaint about your LaCrosse

G-654289

Please note! If you have a complaint that you NEED HELP with - please CLICK HERE to start a new topic. Right here we're just having a discussion about complaints. If you need assistance, please click here to create a new topic. Thank you!

What is the biggest complaint you have of your LaCrosse? I know we all love these cars, I'm just curious to see if there is a pattern.

I for one cant stand that i have nowhere to put my left foot when driving. I'm in a very awkward position, that I will get used to eventually. But the wheelwell really makes it difficult to get truly comfortable. I'm always trying to figure out what to do with my left foot, as I only drive with my right foot.

I'm interested to hear your pet peeves.
Lol I sometimes prop my right foot up on top of my left

EDSELRANGER

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Same issues here Bhodi. Been laid off since April. Miss driving my Buick on the highway to work! Watched the gas prices tumble... even the high-octane stuff is affordable and no room in the tank.

Thanks for reminding me about my XM subscription. Haven't listened to it for more than a minute or two in the last 3 months.

G-306079

Please note! If you have a complaint that you NEED HELP with - please CLICK HERE to start a new topic. Right here we're just having a discussion about complaints. If you need assistance, please click here to create a new topic. Thank you!

What is the biggest complaint you have of your LaCrosse? I know we all love these cars, I'm just curious to see if there is a pattern.

I for one cant stand that i have nowhere to put my left foot when driving. I'm in a very awkward position, that I will get used to eventually. But the wheelwell really makes it difficult to get truly comfortable. I'm always trying to figure out what to do with my left foot, as I only drive with my right foot.

I'm interested to hear your pet peeves.
My service stabilitrak light, my camshaft positioning sensors, and my brakes!!!!

Buick convert

Mesa Arizona
Buick Ownership
2014 LaCrosse
Definetly 16-18 mpg! My 7.3 Ford Excursion gets 16mpg WTH? 2014 36k miles but still love front wheel burnouts and torque steering while and trying to keep it in a streight line! Fun and classy family car!

Last edited:

Buick convert

Mesa Arizona
Buick Ownership
2014 LaCrosse
Have had my '13 LaCrosse for 1 year now.
Purchased 1 year ago with 21,000 miles, now at 36,000 miles.

Wrote a rather long post earlier in the year citing more likes than things not liked.

2 things to add on the dislike category..

At Highway Speeds, Hear wind noise coming from the top rear corner of driver's window.
No Biggie, the car is soooo quiet, perhaps this little noise is more pronounced than it really is.

Side view mirrors are small, that's good because who wants Dumbo Ear Mirrors in a sleekish sedan..
BUT... they really do hide cars.
Really make certain that no cars are hidden from view when changing lanes, look over your shoulder and bob your head around to assure all is clear.

Other than these 2 notable additions, all is well, and extremely satisfied with the trusty performance a 6, now 7 year old car has provided over the last year. Changed Oil a few times and Rotated the Original Michelin Tires is all.

Car heats up fast in the winter, leather seats still smell new and of a quality leather, smooth powerful V6 scoots along nicely.

1 last thing, when you slam on the accelerator, there is slight hesitation before it roars to life to get you going.. still confident that if needing to gun it to avoid something, it will scoot in time to get you in the clear.
I don't like the MPG, poor visibility, MPG and MPG. Other than the MPG I love this car and being able to disable traction control and fry the tires even in 2nd gear! Total sleeper granddad car with tons of class! I Like It and want to go faster!

Buick convert

Mesa Arizona
Buick Ownership
2014 LaCrosse
It was a 2011 CXL, but it's long gone. GM pissed me off with some warranty work on my CTS-V when I was looking to replace the Buick. I ended up with a '15 BMW 550, and another '18 M550 after that. Looking to order another one pretty soon. Best thing they ever did was jerk me around for 6 weeks, I love the M550. With AWD and 4 snows, it's a hell of a fun winter car.
Loved my drives from WNY to Mesa Az in my 2014 LaCrosse not so much in my Excursion. LaCrosse in 2020 has 36k on it and still love it! Grew up in Orchard Park.

alphabets

Buick Ownership
2014 Buick LaCrosse
Instrument cluster on my 2014 constantly reverts to "sport" view rather than the "touring" view that I prefer. It's so random and an obvious glitch, there's no rhyme or reason for when it happens. It does happen a few times per week and drives me nuts.

Doug Madaga

Buick Ownership
2015 Lacrosse Leather
gas mileage
I just purchased a 2015 and I'm picking it up this week. Is the gas mileage bad? I'm coming out of a 2011 Sentra that's a gas sipper...

Buick Ownership
2011 Lacrosse CXL AWD
Driver side ac vent next to the info/radio center stack. It's behind the steering wheel and it's hard to adjust to where I need it to be. I hope getting all the windows including the windshield tinted will help with IR radiation hitting the dash and rear deck panel.

Last edited:

Smith1000

Buick Ownership
Buick
Driver side ac vent next to the info/radio center stack. It's behind the steering wheel and it's hard to adjust to where I need it to be. I hope getting all the windows including the windshield tinted will help with IR radiation hitting the dash and rear deck panel.

Smith1000

Buick Ownership
Buick
My biggest complaints are:
1. Poor ride quality that has jarring, side to side, stiff feeling. Worst riding sedan I have every had. Mostly due to low profile tires, I believe.

2. Transmission noise due to bearing in transmission going bad.

3. Front corner pillars are too large. Must be very careful on this as cars and people can easily be lost in the pillars.

BuickGirlFromMars

Buick Ownership
1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra (Supercharged)
My biggest complaints are:
1. Poor ride quality that has jarring, side to side, stiff feeling. Worst riding sedan I have every had. Mostly due to low profile tires, I believe.

2. Transmission noise due to bearing in transmission going bad.

3. Front corner pillars are too large. Must be very careful on this as cars and people can easily be lost in the pillars.
what year?

Buck000

Buick Ownership
2018 LaCrosse Essence 4c 2.5L
My (new) biggest complaint is the *&^% headlights. I may be getting old, but other GM cars (I've rented a few) have excellent visibility. No matter what I do with the stock lights, I cannot seem to find an adequate solution. I've tried OSRAM Nightbeaker Laser, Morimoto bulbs, stock (obviously), and even tried Dynamic Diode SR1's in fog lamp. They work really great if you want to see what's immediate to your left or right, but do little if anything for forward visibility. Help! Any suggestions?

Getwired

Buick Ownership
2011 LaCrosse CXS
Any suggestions?
Have you looked into any LED solutions? I don't know much about the 2018's, maybe that's not an aftermarket option...are they HID's, or standard weak 'ole halogen?

Human

Buick Ownership
Present: 2013 Lacrosse hybrid. Past: 1984 Century Custom (1992-96); 1977 Skylark coupe (1983-88).
I really like my 2013 LaCrosse eAssist hybrid but it's far from perfect. Below are a few of my pet peeves (in no particular order):

• Puny trunk—I'm assuming this would be better in a V6 model that would have a larger opening between the trunk and rear seat area. I will say I like that the rear seats fold down completely flat. that helps.
  • No freakin' spare tire (WTF?)—The car came with a little 12v compressor that included an expired bottle of fix-a-flat. Not acceptable. Fortunately, I was able to source a doughnut spare and jack, which I thankfully have not needed.
  • Lack of interior storage—One of the things I really liked about the 2011 Impala I had before this car was the thoughtful layout of interior storage cubbies like storage bins under the rear seats and an overhead sunglasses holder. I have no idea why the latter wasn't included.
  • Air conditioner crapped out at 63,000 miles—No excuse for this, none at all.
  • Misc. transient electronic gremlins—from the trunk being mysteriously open to no sound from the radio or service this or that warnings that manifest themselves and then go away after I park and restart the car, these are minor—but nonetheless aggravating—annoyances.

JuddSandage

Buick Newbie
SoCali
Buick Ownership
2017 LaCrosse Premium, White Frost Tricoat, Light Neutral.
Like most here, the MPG, coming from a 2016, its a little better, maybe 23-24 on average, where as my 2016 was more like 22-23, but I got rid of a 2008 xB (not the little toaster xB, the second gen fatter one) for the 2016 and that was getting... oddly about the same, I had just hoped a newer and more fuel efficient car would have had better mileage.

I have had a few issues with the infotainment system being wonky with Android Auto, not seeing the phone connected that kind of thing. My biggest gripe with it is no Pandora from your phone via Bluetooth, the only way to use it is to connect radio to WiFi then the Pandora app can play... WTF GM? I know its another way to soak customers but you dropped the CD player too.

Another issue, the damn collision warning for the front... I drive the same route to and from work every day and there is this one interchange as soon as I am taking the exit for the other freeway I get the warning and the HUD flashes... sometimes scares me half to death... and there are no cars anywhere around me.

I also get the object detection readout on the dash sometimes sitting at a stop light... with nothing in front of me, showing me that I am getting close to something.

HotZ28

SE
Buick Ownership
1996 Roadmaster Limited Collectors Edition 58k - 1996 PAU 2019 Regal GS
At 50,000 on my 2017, the only complaint I may have right now is that the drivers window screeches.
You may want to try some silicone clear spray in the slides & regulators. I have to assume that the car has been left outside uncovered for 3-yrs & in the sun, rain, snow, ice?? It that an correct assessment?

Get your turbo buick badge right here!