• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Buick Regal Sports Tourer project

MagnumSRT8

Buick Ownership
None at the moment. Want a TourX
I'm a wagon head... own a 2006 Magnum SRT8. When the TourX was announced without a companion GS wagon, this project is what I had in mind. Great work and I look forward to watching the progress.

RoRi

Big Brakes installed!

The wheels turned out awesome. I'm going to do the 20" Lacrosse wheels the same color. They will clear the Brembos with a 3/16" spacer. I'm running the GS 19"s with the spacers now to get a feel for tire clearance. The GS tires have an overall smaller diameter than the stock TourX tires and the stock Lacrosse tires have a larger diameter. I'd like to be somewhere in the middle and hope to fit a 255/35r20.

I also installed the fatty flat bottom steering wheel from the GS:

Finally I confirmed that the TourX 18"s actually clear the Brembos without spacers. They will make a great winter wheel.

I'm waiting on my springs from Germany and I need to visit the dealer and see if the GS seats can be synced to my car. They don't do anything when installed in the TourX???

RoRi

Any plans for the powertrain?
Definitely once some things start to become available. I'm still familiarizing myself with the LTG aftermarket. I've been messing with Subarus for years so I imagine the mod path is similar.

My stage 2.5 Saabaru:

RoRi

That looks amazing Rori. Howd you get the cladding off the rear bumper?
The lower piece is still there, not much you can do about it since our back up sensors are mounted in it. The short piece going up the wheel well just peels off.

supernoma

SW Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Great update!

Did the TourX wiring have the plug in for the front parking sensors? I was disappointed to see they're not the included on any trim of the wagon, but the ride height clears them, so I suspect the bean counters decided they weren't necessary.

Also, how about swapping the GS shifter?

RoRi

Great update!

Did the TourX wiring have the plug in for the front parking sensors? I was disappointed to see they're not the included on any trim of the wagon, but the ride height clears them, so I suspect the bean counters decided they weren't necessary.

Also, how about swapping the GS shifter?
No, the tourx is not wired for the front parking sensors. I transfered over my forward harness with foglight provisions on the chance that the aftermarket might come up with a kit for the GS bumper.

The shifter would be a simple swap, but it isn't really any different than the stock one other than the GS logo.

supernoma

SW Ohio
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
No, the tourx is not wired for the front parking sensors. I transfered over my forward harness with foglight provisions on the chance that the aftermarket might come up with a kit for the GS bumper.

The shifter would be a simple swap, but it isn't really any different than the stock one other than the GS logo.
How difficult was the steering wheel swap? That is on my list eventually.

I see you still have the original pedals on the Tourx, swapping the GS pedal covers is an easy job.

RoRi

How difficult was the steering wheel swap? That is on my list eventually.

I see you still have the original pedals on the Tourx, swapping the GS pedal covers is an easy job.
Pretty easy, the most difficult part was learning how to remove the airbag, but now that I know how, it could be a 10 min. job. I'll have to do a write up some time.

Swapping the pedal assemblies was on my to do list... I can't believe they're just covers. I just went out and popped them off the donor. Thanks for the heads up.

Bald Regal

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Pretty easy, the most difficult part was learning how to remove the airbag, but now that I know how, it could be a 10 min. job. I'll have to do a write up some time.

Swapping the pedal assemblies was on my to do list... I can't believe they're just covers. I just went out and popped them off the donor. Thanks for the heads up.
Is the wheel heated? Looks so good

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
Wheel is heated - you can tell from the icon at 6:00 on left side of wheel (round controller gizmo) - bottom graphic is heated wheel.

Bald Regal

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Wheel is heated - you can tell from the icon at 6:00 on left side of wheel (round controller gizmo) - bottom graphic is heated wheel.
I guess I was assuming he swapped the trim panels over and wanted to verify the wheel itself had the heat function

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
I guess I was assuming he swapped the trim panels over and wanted to verify the wheel itself had the heat function
Amen bro. Sorry, did not mean to step in, just waiting on a call to start and killing a few minutes. I also dig that GS flat-bottom wheel. May have to locate one!

Bald Regal

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Amen bro. Sorry, did not mean to step in, just waiting on a call to start and killing a few minutes. I also dig that GS flat-bottom wheel. May have to locate one!
Same here dude

Fleuger99

Austin, TX
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
The car is looking awesome!! It looks great without the cladding and the new wheels finish it nicely. I wonder if you just switch out for a set of sport springs (not sure who makes them for Buick's likes Eibach for VW's) would drop that ride height just an inch which would look great on this new set up.

mtnbikeman123

Socal
I signed up for the forum just for this thread. Been considering doing this conversion and I found your thread! Any update on the seats? I think this might be my biggest want. And do you have the part number for the springs you ordered? I am really curious how they will look. Thanks for documenting this conversion so far!

Edit
My guess is you got these, which look really sharp! Hope we get to see them on your car soon! There are a couple part numbers so I am still curious to know which you purchased.

Last edited:
Pedal Commander