• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Buick Regal Sports Tourer project

RoRi

I see (on my existing) where the rear bumper cladding is held in place with double stick tape on either side and then seems integrated into the lower piece (where fake exhaust surrounds are mounted). How does that piece come out? Are there clips or does it sorta snap in and held by tabs?
That whole piece comes off as one unit as is a combination of tape, screws and some tabs snapped into the bumper cover. You have to replace it with the Opel part number referenced above and reuse your fake exhaust tips and reflectors.

G-202995

As I've always been jealous of what Europe (and the rest of the world) gets that we do not & I do love your car. I posted once before, how much are you going to have invested in this?

I do not judge as I put $2k+ in wheels & tires on my TourX and I'm sure I'm going to spend more as I look for GS brakes and such. I've also been searching all the online flood damaged auctions for a GS but $18k+ so far is the cheapest I've found (rear ended so major crash). My wife wanted Vauxhall so I ordered the center caps and such so far (fail as I have 20's and the caps are for the 18's, why would they make them different sizes?)

liuby33

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
Seats are from the donor GS. Wheels were sourced from ebay.co.uk from an Astra.
May I ask which seller it was and how much were the wheels? I guess the Astra wheels are the best 20" out there that actually fits the GS. Thanks

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
That whole piece comes off as one unit as is a combination of tape, screws and some tabs snapped into the bumper cover. You have to replace it with the Opel part number referenced above and reuse your fake exhaust tips and reflectors.
thanks!! looking forward to seeing how the rear bumper side pieces look!

RoRi

May I ask which seller it was and how much were the wheels? I guess the Astra wheels are the best 20" out there that actually fits the GS. Thanks
It was just a used set for 650. There are two refurbished sets on there now for 800. You may have to work with a freight forwarder like forward2me to get them to the states.
Hi RoRi, I contacted the dealer about the GS side skirts that you put on and he swears that they will be too short for the TourX. It's hard to see how they line up because your car is black. Is there a short gap on each side to the fenders?
He is wrong. They fit perfectly. All the tabs line up correctly. They are used on the GSI tourer in Europe.

Last edited:

voodoosoul

Buick Ownership
tour x
It was just a used set for 650. There are two refurbished sets on there now for 800. You may have to work with a freight forwarder like ship2me to get them to the states.

He is wrong. They fit perfectly. All the tabs line up correctly. They are used on the GSI tourer in Europe.
Thanks RoRi and these are the correct part numbers, 39132747 and 39132748?

BahamaTodd

3.8L Member
Palm Beach, FL
Buick Ownership
2018.5 Regal GS
Hi RoRi, I contacted the dealer about the GS side skirts that you put on and he swears that they will be too short for the TourX. It's hard to see how they line up because your car is black. Is there a short gap on each side to the fenders?
He literally took his side skirts from a GS flood car.
Buick Regal Sports Tourer project

The extra length of the TourX is all in the rear behind the wheel.

Tdwpgtp

Buick Ownership
Tourx
I'm not sure if you can answer this, RoRI, but do you have any clue if it is possible to easily add a memory seat module to the standard Essence seats? Is the wiring there, ready to be hooked up? What sort of modifications would be required to make it so?

RoRi

I'm not sure if you can answer this, RoRI, but do you have any clue if it is possible to easily add a memory seat module to the standard Essence seats? Is the wiring there, ready to be hooked up? What sort of modifications would be required to make it so?
No, you couldn't easily add just the memory module to the seats. The harnesses are different, there's no power for the memory module, and the BCM won't recognize it anyways.

voodoosoul

Buick Ownership
tour x
Here is a list of parts in this thread that have been ordered by myself and confirmed to work on my car. YMMV

Grill w/ ACC: 39028928
ACC bracket: 39079563

Chrome Wing R: 13491191
Chrome Wing L: 13491190

Black Grill Bezel: 39112551

Opel Grill Emblem: 13491204

Opel Tailgate Emblem: 39068586

Rear Bumper Exhaust Molding: 39117536
Rear Bumper OPC SideSkirt R: 39112659
Rear Bumper OPC Sideskirt L: 39112658

My source for most of these parts was BlitzParts in Germany. Please email Adrian at info@blitzparts.de

I have sets of Opel center caps available for $35 shipped.
Hey RoRi,
the L and R wings on the Buick grille should fit the Opel grille rt? Also, is the rear tire well cladding tied into the exhaust molding and Is that why you ordered the separate exhaust molding?

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia (with a Buick radio)
The Buick wings (and/or the chrome grille surround) DO NOT fit the Opel/Vauxhall/Holden grilles--nice thought though. Since I'm speaking from experience (and I have none regarding the cladding), I'll let RoRi answer the rest.

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Hey RoRi,
the L and R wings on the Buick grille should fit the Opel grille rt? Also, is the rear tire well cladding tied into the exhaust molding and Is that why you ordered the separate exhaust molding?
He responded to my same question. On TourX, the rear piece (a sort of rear diffuser) has the cladding that wraps around the sides which are molded into the bottom portion that is on the lower center (all held on with double stick, clips and screws). That whole unit comes out and is replaced with the Opel part. Reflectors and fake exhaust trim are re-used...

RoRi

As I've always been jealous of what Europe (and the rest of the world) gets that we do not & I do love your car. I posted once before, how much are you going to have invested in this?

I do not judge as I put $2k+ in wheels & tires on my TourX and I'm sure I'm going to spend more as I look for GS brakes and such. I've also been searching all the online flood damaged auctions for a GS but $18k+ so far is the cheapest I've found (rear ended so major crash). My wife wanted Vauxhall so I ordered the center caps and such so far (fail as I have 20's and the caps are for the 18's, why would they make them different sizes?)
I paid half that for my donor and have sold several thousands of $ worth of parts off it. On top of the huge discounts off the cost of the car, I'm probably still below MSRP, 10's of thousands below the V60 I was going to buy, and have the only Sports Tourer in the country. These cars are the deal of the decade, just like my 9-2x was when SAAB couldn't move them.

RoRi

Hey RoRi,
The Buick wings (and/or the chrome grille surround) DO NOT fit the Opel/Vauxhall/Holden grilles--nice thought though. Since I'm speaking from experience (and I have none regarding the cladding), I'll let RoRi answer the rest.
He responded to my same question. On TourX, the rear piece (a sort of rear diffuser) has the cladding that wraps around the sides which are molded into the bottom portion that is on the lower center (all held on with double stick, clips and screws). That whole unit comes out and is replaced with the Opel part. Reflectors and fake exhaust trim are re-used...
Correct and correct. Thanks guys!

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
RoRi,
I’ve sort of followed your thread, thinking to myself, Why?

Although you seem to have been very smart & clever the way you have gone about these mods and the end results excellent, your project was undoubtedly very consuming of your time, planning, effort, and cost. Although I have spent some hours and at least several hundred dollars to configure, equip, and accessorized my TourX, I placed a limit on how much effort I would spend, choosing rather to just & enjoy the use of the car.
Guess I’ve just got old.

I had to remind myself that you are getting a lot of satisfaction building the Sport Tourer. One of a kind!

I think back to all the time & $$$$$ I’ve put into vehicles, things I’ve done like building my own rifle, Being the GC of my home, Building myself a fancy deck addition and Gazebo, etc. creating a farm, etc.and to why I did it myself rather than paying to have it done. Others think I'm crazy.

You do it because you want to, to please yourself, not to please others or that you need to justify it.

Cool!

Last edited:

Mr.Anderson

Buick Ownership
2014 LaCrosse, 1970 GS
GS Seat update:
View attachment 15266

So I had been experimenting with the passenger seat as my test, but it would not work at all. So today I had some time to try the drivers seat and it worked! All standard power and memory functions work plus the adjustable bolsters and massage!

I guess the incompatibility with the passenger side has to do with the fact that the GS seat is a memory seat and the TourX does not support it. One option might be to swap the entire seat harness over and make it a standard power seat, but then the TourX harness doesn't have provisions for the massage and bolsters to work...

I sent an email to White Automotive, hopefully they can offer some suggestions and insights on getting the passenger seat and cooled functions working.

Do you have any advice for the wiring for the components? I have the interior seats of a 2018 GS and I am trying to swap it into my 1970 GS and have the seats be functional. I'd rather not burn out the control modules attempting to get these to work.

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Hi RoRi - pretty sure I came across your old side skirts on eBay. Any chance you could post a pic of the reverse side on these - I know you mentioned here you had issues with the clips breaking while pulling them off. I would like to be a bit more surgical (which is somewhat comical given my fat fingers) and I'm trying to visualize how the clips work after I get through the double-stick...any additional advice or pointers appreciated.