• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Buick Regal Sports Tourer project

.saint

Great project. Giving this a follow. Just purchased my leftover 18' today with this same thought in mind, doing a GSi conversion. Love this. Have you messed around with the gauge cluster yet? Will it swap?

Zaxer

MKE
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
No holes on the rear bumper cover. You will need a front bumper cover from a sportback. You will need the sideskirts from a GS.
For what it’s worth, if you use a sport back front skin, you will need to change the bezels and chrome trim around the fogs - and there is an extra trim piece that slots horizontally between the lower grille and fog lights. Don’t forget the different tow eye cap.

After some decent research, I have estimated it would cost around $1000 delivered for the parts you need - paint will be on top of that. Cheapest website I’ve found is GM parts direct.

You could find a used part (which are few and far between) - I’ve see used front bumpers and trim selling around $700-$900 plus shipping - but not in my color (yet).

Incidentally the silver “oddity” on the lower grille of the TourX appears to be add on trim - the lower grille itself shares the same part number with the sport back. Those silver bits are unique part numbers. Gotta crawl under there and see how they’re secured...

Much - if not all - of the hardware and lower fairings of the bumper are shared.

voodoosoul

Buick Ownership
tour x
For what it’s worth, if you use a sport back front skin, you will need to change the bezels and chrome trim around the fogs - and there is an extra trim piece that slots horizontally between the lower grille and fog lights. Don’t forget the different tow eye cap.

After some decent research, I have estimated it would cost around $1000 delivered for the parts you need - paint will be on top of that. Cheapest website I’ve found is GM parts direct.

You could find a used part (which are few and far between) - I’ve see used front bumpers and trim selling around $700-$900 plus shipping - but not in my color (yet).

Incidentally the silver “oddity” on the lower grille of the TourX appears to be add on trim - the lower grille itself shares the same part number with the sport back. Those silver bits are unique part numbers. Gotta crawl under there and see how they’re secured...

Much - if not all - of the hardware and lower fairings of the bumper are shared.
Do you know the part numbers for the fog bezels trim piece and the extra horizontal trim piece?

RoRi

Hi RoRi, can you show a picture from the rear to see how OPC skirts wraps around? Also, do i need to order the center valance part of the rear to make the OPC skirts fit or do they fit over the factory molding on the bumper?
They stop right above the reflectors. They will not fit over the TourX molding.

DarthAvocado

I loved going through this thread and seeing the pictures of your build, really great work :) I know I want to buy a Tourx, but I had no idea that it's possible to change the trim around like this. I really think I may want to do something like this after I buy a used Essence in good shape.

Quick question though, the seats in the regal tourx are maybe a bit too narrow for me. I'm not a massive guy I think, at 6'2" 230lbs, but I feel like the bottom cushion bolsters are a bit too narrow. Is it possible to swap the seats you think with the a GS? Or did I miss that in the forum?

Last edited:

printf

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
None, currently shopping/researching
I loved going through this thread and seeing the pictures of your build, really great work :) I know I want to buy a Tourx, but I had no idea that it's possible to change the trim around like this. I really think I may want to do something like this after I buy a used Essence in good shape.

Quick question though, the seats in the regal tourx are maybe a bit too narrow for me. I'm not a massive guy I think, at 6'2" 230lbs, but I feel like the bottom cushion bolsters are a bit too narrow. Is it possible to swap the seats you think with the a GS? Or did I miss that in the forum?
See Post #105 :)

justiz00

Buick Ownership
Tourx

Check this as well.

A little seat surgery

DarthAvocado

That's awesome! I might go with that rout instead of buying a whole new set of seats. Especially since the memory/cooling functions are so janky from the transfer. I have more questions, but I don't want to hijack a thread/take away from the focus on the awesome progress on your car. Again, great work! It's a real head turner, and proves that wagons can be sexy too :)

RoRi

Did you ever get a response from those guys about getting the cooling to work? You'd think the brains for the seat functions would just be on the seat, and all you'd need to do is just plug in a cable with power and belt/airbag data.
The cooling is controlled by the HVAC headunit through the BCM. They have not responded to my last email.

Pedal Commander