• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Buick Regal Sports Tourer project

RoRi

Hi RoRi - pretty sure I came across your old side skirts on eBay. Any chance you could post a pic of the reverse side on these - I know you mentioned here you had issues with the clips breaking while pulling them off. I would like to be a bit more surgical (which is somewhat comical given my fat fingers) and I'm trying to visualize how the clips work after I get through the double-stick...any additional advice or pointers appreciated.
Unfortunately I don't have them at home and I won't be able to get to them until next week. The clips on the side that hold onto the studs are easier to save, you can see them. The white clips on the bottom go into a blind hole with two fingers that spread once in the hole and they are fragile. I couldn't save most of those.

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX

voodoosoul

Buick Ownership
tour x
Hey RoRi,

What size tire are you running on your 20s ?

RoRi

Thanks, I just had my springs installed and i bought 20x8.5 wheels but wasnt sure on tire size. Your car sits nice and look amazing with all the upgrades. Is there anything that can be done to cover or replace the Buick steering wheel badge? I have Opel badges coming from Adrian.
I cut the center out of a center cap using a lathe and replaced the Buick emblem.

stembridge

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX Essence
I cut the center out of a center cap using a lathe and replaced the Buick emblem.
How does the Buick badge come out? Just pop out with a trim tool, or was it glued or otherwise?

Still gathering parts for our car, picked up the front bumper cover and rocker panels from the paint shop yesterday and my used Opel grille arrived last week. Waiting on your guy in Europe to figure out shipping for the remaining parts.

es

voodoosoul

Buick Ownership
tour x
That is sick RoRi, what is the part numbers for the OPC skirts and pricing if you can share? The horn button ideal is great. So did you remove the air bag cover to mod it?

RoRi

How does the Buick badge come out? Just pop out with a trim tool, or was it glued or otherwise?
That is sick RoRi, what is the part numbers for the OPC skirts and pricing if you can share? The horn button ideal is great. So did you remove the air bag cover to mod it?
The emblem has tabs that are pushed through the airbag cover and them melted on the backside. I separated the cover and trimmed off the tabs so the emblem just fell off. The new emblem is held on with a liberal amount of 3m trim tape.

The rear skirts part number is in the Opel parts thread.

Skynet

I separated the cover and trimmed off the tabs so the emblem just fell off. The new emblem is held on with a liberal amount of 3m trim tape.
How does the cover come off? Nice and easy? Are there any pins on the back we need to press?

rbhickman96

Buick Ownership
Roadmaster
Thanks for all the info RoRi. I just picked up a TourX yesterday and am looking forward to decladding it. If I understand correctly the only part I need from Blitzparts is the black plastic muffler moulding (39117536). Any holes to fill on rear bumper molding after removal? The front grill can be sourced from the Sportback Essence. My other question is on the rocker moldings. Are they held on with tape only, or, will bodywork be required after removal? Thanks in advance. Love the Brembos!

Last edited:

RoRi

How does the cover come off? Nice and easy? Are there any pins on the back we need to press?
To remove the airbag you need a mirror and a flat screwdriver. Place the mirror on the gauge cluster so you can see the back of the steering wheel as you rotate it.

There are 3 spring clips holding the airbag as seen in this pic with the airbag already removed.

First rotate the steering wheel so the 10 o'clock position is at the top.

Using your screwdriver, release the spring clip from behind and knock it down into the sterring wheel.

Then rotate the wheel so 2 o'clock is on top. Do the same for that clip.

Now you can rotate until 6 o'clock is on top. You only need to release that clip with your screwdriver and the airbag will come out.

To reinstall, replace the top two clips and force the airbag back in. Do the top two clips first and it takes a lot of force. Like benchpressing the airbag back into the wheel. The bottom clip will snap in easy after you have the top two secured.

To separate the airbag cover from the airbag you will need a collection of small screwdrivers and picks. There are about a dozen clips that all have to be released at the same time to slip the cover off. It's a PITA.

RoRi

Thanks for all the info RoRi. I just picked up a TourX yesterday and am looking forward to decladding it. If I understand correctly the only part I need from Blitzparts is the black plastic muffler moulding (39117536). Any holes to fill on rear bumper molding after removal? The front grill can be sourced from the Sportback Essence. My other question is on the rocker moldings. Are they held on with tape only, or, will bodywork be required after removal? Thanks in advance. Love the Brembos!
No holes on the rear bumper cover. You will need a front bumper cover from a sportback. You will need the sideskirts from a GS.

Jwmsa17

Buick Ownership
TourX
RoRi,
I know you didn't have the memory function when you initially swapped seats, but did the rest of the power functions work?

Pedal Commander