Cargo fence for tour x.

89quattro

Buick Ownership
2018.5 TourX
Good luck!
Let us know how that works out.
My dealer pointed me to the sticker, which made no mention of any "fence".

ntorch

Blandon, PA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I don't care if they're not the same, I didn't get either one.

The Buick website says I'm supposed to get an "adjustable cargo fence" and I don't care which fence it is.

View attachment 14169
Go back to your dealer and ask for one. They might give it to you for customer sat, (I think someone earlier in this thread or another thread got a rail from his selling dealer for free) but none of us got one at delivery regardless what the Buick website says. As 89quattro says, it's not on the window sticker (or in the brochure) so I didn't bother. I previously got a free set of roof cross bars as part of my deal.

jfgesquire

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Good luck!
Let us know how that works out.
My dealer pointed me to the sticker, which made no mention of any "fence".
Does the sticker make any mention of knobs on the climate system?

Get the build sheet for your car, it will show RPO CODE "ANY - CARGO, REAR STORAGE". It's only available with B26. B26 is the code for Confidence Package #1.

Have your dealer look those two up and see what's supposed to be included. (Hint, look at my picture again.) Tell him to print it up and stick it in his file.

89quattro

Buick Ownership
2018.5 TourX
Get the build sheet for your car, it will show RPO CODE "ANY - CARGO, REAR STORAGE". It's only available with B26. B26 is the code for Confidence Package #1.
Have your dealer look those two up and see what's supposed to be included. (Hint, look at my picture again.) Tell him to print it up and stick it in his file.
As ntorch suggested, rather than tell me to repeat what i already did, which resulted in my friendly dealer telling me in a polite manner to kick rocks, how about you give it a try and report back in? Maybe you will get lucky...if you don't ask, you don't get.

Frankly it's no big deal for me. I got >$10K off sticker on a completely bombed out essence, and even got them to kick in the interior protection package + roof rack at no additional charge ($500 value) when they just happened to be added on to the invoice when I showed up to pick up the vehicle. After all is said and done I wouldn't expect any dealer to willingly give up another $75 (estimate) to order a GMC or cadillac part unless you are a "A" list repeat customer, family, local politician, police chief, local bordello owner, etc.

I ordered the euro spec FlexRail cargo organizer from a vendor across the pond. Looks like a more useful, better designed product. Makes the US spec version look a bit trashy and overpriced. As always, YMMV.

Carry on....

Last edited:

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
They aren't the same.

What some of us describe as a "FlexRail" (aka FlexOrganizer) is a euro-spec only option that isn't available here in the US. It differs from what some posters describe as the "Fence", a US spec item for Cadillac's and GMC vehicles in that the Flexrail has (2) belts built in to secure items.

More info here: Got my flexrail

View attachment 14167View attachment 14168
Thanks for clarifying, good to know.

89quattro

Buick Ownership
2018.5 TourX
Sure thing.
Guess I'm not the only person with "FlexRail/Cargo Fence" fever.
:p
For reference, the euro spec piece cost me $160 with shipping to NYC. Was told to expect 3-4 week delivery.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence

Regardless of what the sales brochures and configurator says, the US TourX does not come with a cargo fence.

jfgesquire

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Regardless of what the sales brochures and configurator says, the US TourX does not come with a cargo fence.

I respectfully disagree.

You assumed incorrectly. I am not relying solely on either the brochure or the website configurator, but on my specific vehicle build sheet and GM’s OWN RPO information sheet.

Please note code “ANY”:

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Well I was wrong to assume the "GM has a change of plans but lets not update the documentation as we have a legal clause to change equipment content at will" was limited to just the configutator.
So to paraphrase like in the Movie "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" did anyone get a Cargo fence with their Buick TourX, anyone? , anyone?
Now if there is a place to stow the Cargo fence,, sure I'd want one and at best maybe use it 1/2 dozen times in the car's life.
If Buick decides to in place of the fence send a nice cargo/pet barrier net and a cargo organizer bag, I am fine with that.
I'd be good with an apology and a extra free oil change. Buick was misleading on this.

jfgesquire

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Is your salesman providing you with a freebie fence?
I do not expect the salesman or the dealer to eat the cost on this. This is on GM.

I DO expect him to put pressure on GM to reimburse/compensate the dealer.

I owned a Pontiac Aztek for 16 years and 277,000 miles. The cooler, the slide out cargo tray, even the tent package got used.

The fence may not be a big deal to you, it is to me.

GM is playing with the rules in other ways, too. A recent trip to the dealer to look at window stickers revealed that the Regals are not on the lot with the final sticker, just a half baked transport sticker. If the dealer is selling those without a valid final sticker then they, and GM, are violating the Monroney Act.

I would have no problem taking GM to small claims court for the retail price of the fence, and if they want to remove it to federal court, great! I'll bring up the Monroney violation. I'm licensed in Federal Court, too.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
Red Needle TourX
I've reached out to Buick via social media with all the info about RPO codes asking why this wasn't included with my vehicle and when can I expect to receive it.

I'll post an update when I hear more.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I do not expect the salesman or the dealer to eat the cost on this. This is on GM.

I DO expect him to put pressure on GM to reimburse/compensate the dealer.

I owned a Pontiac Aztek for 16 years and 277,000 miles. The cooler, the slide out cargo tray, even the tent package got used.

The fence may not be a big deal to you, it is to me.

GM is playing with the rules in other ways, too. A recent trip to the dealer to look at window stickers revealed that the Regals are not on the lot with the final sticker, just a half baked transport sticker. If the dealer is selling those without a valid final sticker then they, and GM, are violating the Monroney Act.

I would have no problem taking GM to small claims court for the retail price of the fence, and if they want to remove it to federal court, great! I'll bring up the Monroney violation. I'm licensed in Federal Court, too.
Yeah, I noticed that on the sticker. it is a Buick thing, not the dealer. I bought unseen out of state. Howard Bentley Buick was very transparent and gave me all the info I asked for and the transaction was straight up, no complaints. I had my radar up, I picked up on that crap.

What is up with not having a full detailed sticker on the cars?

Edit:

I just thought about this.

Most cars the window sticker has a weak adhesive around the edge for you to peel off. The full Window sticker was emailed to me and when I got the original window sticker with the car it was loose, not attached to the window, no signs of glue. How is the window sticker to be applied? I'm sure Buick does not expect dealers to tape the sticker to the window.?

Last edited:

jfgesquire

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Yeah, I noticed that on the sticker. it is a Buick thing, not the dealer. I bought unseen out of state. Howard Bentley Buick was very transparent and gave me all the info I asked for and the transaction was straight up, no complaints. I had my radar up, I picked up on that crap.

What is up with not having a full detailed sticker on the cars?

Edit:

I just thought about this.

Most cars the window sticker has a weak adhesive around the edge for you to peel off. The full Window sticker was emailed to me and when I got the original window sticker with the car it was loose, not attached to the window, no signs of glue. How is the window sticker to be applied? I'm sure Buick does not expect dealers to tape the sticker to the window.?
The law says "affixed" only to be removed by the retail consumer/purchaser.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
The law says "affixed" only to be removed by the retail consumer/purchaser.
In my case no one was trying to deceive me or hide anything, but why not having the full window sticker on the car is stupid as well as illegal, given not following the law creates the opportunity to pull a fast one if the dealer is sleazy, or at the least create confusion or a possible law suit.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.