Cargo fence for tour x.

jfgesquire

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
The fence is the exact same one in the Cadillacs and GMCs. But they neglected to 1) give us one, and 2) even list it as an option.
But it is listed as an option! I just posted a picture of the words "adjustable cargo fence" right from the Buick website!

IanMitch

Buick Ownership
1979 LeSabre, 2010 Enclave, 2018 TourX
But it is listed as an option! I just posted a picture of the words "adjustable cargo fence" right from the Buick website!
Thanks. When my dealership went through trying to up sell every single possible accessory, the cargo fence didn't come up. I wrongly assumed that if the dealer wasn't aware if it, then it wasn't affiliated with Buick. I stand corrected.

NormT

Turbo-4 power!
OH-IO
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Posted it in the original post. Difficult to sew sometimes with the ads on the mobile.

It was a European review on YouTube.

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
Posted it in the original post. Difficult to sew sometimes with the ads on the mobile.

It was a European review on YouTube.
Review for Opel Insignia or the Vauxhall version? I'd like to find it so I can see how they attached. Link if you can find it, or channel name? Thanks Norm.

Last edited:

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Touché.

I think this is a marketing vs reality issue, though. Buick’s terminology team will just deem the hold downs a fence. ;-)

Wasn’t every car sold with a ‘retractable cargo cover?’

I’ve also never seen any accessory that was deemed ‘under floor storage,’ unless they mean you can cram things around the subwoofer?

Buick will really want to keep the car in the US market if a bunch of forum dorks flood a support line wanting a $100 cargo fence.

#cargofencegate2019
So the configurator is wrong, but their is no place to store the fence under the deck like the Caddy.

So give it up and move on. Maybe we get an extra oil change or tire rotation for the error, but see above regarding us forum dorks.

mooooo

Buick Ownership
tourx
I’ve also never seen any accessory that was deemed ‘under floor storage,’ unless they mean you can cram things around the subwoofer?
Pull the spare well cover. There's a bunch of space forward of the well below the cover. I'm working on plans for a tool kit for part of the space, and something for holding other random things.

Attachments

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Pull the spare well cover. There's a bunch of space forward of the well below the cover. I'm working on plans for a tool kit for part of the space, and something for holding other random things.
I’ve seen that but it seems more like it’s for sound than storage. My Jetta wagon has actual plastic trays... one that flips up even to access the spare.

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
So the configurator is wrong, but their is no place to store the fence under the deck like the Caddy.

So give it up and move on. Maybe we get an extra oil change or tire rotation for the error, but see above regarding us forum dorks.
Ha ha, maybe by cargo fence they meant the little 6" one that is in the rear right corner? Not losing any sleep over any of this either. The net can actually be had for about 10 bucks and I'll probably get one because gadjet. And I'm curious to see how well it'll work as a dog barrier, too. But I'd be ticked and want it fixed if I did not have the rails and was supposed to.

That said, would like to see if anyone has any luck making mods so there's some usable storage space underneath the rear floor as that would be a plus. I remember our old '70s wagons had enough space for us to put luggage under the rear floor for family road trips. Ha.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Found cargo fence for even less — all of $5.80 after the coupon they give you for returning to the site / becoming a member if you're not. No cost to join. I've ordered from the site before, they are fine. Shipping takes about 3 weeks, not a bother for me. YMMV.
My browsers both Chrome and IE block adding anything to Cart. Is there a setting to switch?

Pacer69

Sustaining Member
KC
Buick Ownership
TourX
My browsers both Chrome and IE block adding anything to Cart. Is there a setting to switch?
Maybe turn off Flash blockers and/or popup blockers for that site. Also check your cart with a separate click, I think I had same issue last summer when I was buying some other stuff...check that you've become a "member" and are logged in - doesn't cost anything.

89quattro

Buick Ownership
2018.5 TourX
Thanks for answering my question -- someone else called that FlexRail, didn't know they were the same. Buick really did drop the ball on this.
They aren't the same.

What some of us describe as a "FlexRail" (aka FlexOrganizer) is a euro-spec only option that isn't available here in the US. It differs from what some posters describe as the "Fence", a US spec item for Cadillac's and GMC vehicles in that the Flexrail has (2) belts built in to secure items.

More info here: Got my flexrail

Last edited:
Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.