Cargo fence for tour x.

Rhetoric

MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I've reached out to Buick via social media with all the info about RPO codes asking why this wasn't included with my vehicle and when can I expect to receive it.

I'll post an update when I hear more.
Update:
First response from Buick: Yes, the RPO codes do show those parts. Go ask your preferred dealer and they will help you.

My response: The dealer has no idea what these parts are, so please provide me with further information about them and how you can get them to me.

Rhetoric

MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Update:
First response from Buick: Yes, the RPO codes do show those parts. Go ask your preferred dealer and they will help you.

My response: The dealer has no idea what these parts are, so please provide me with further information about them and how you can get them to me.
Update:
Buick apologized and is going to contact my preferred dealer and discuss this matter further.

Rhetoric

MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Just wondering if Buick corporate is ignoring you?
They're not actually. They contacted my dealer and opened a case last week.

They followed-up with me last night and said they were sorry for the delay and were waiting on my dealer to respond.

I'm curious to see how that circle of ignorance will go... but at least it appears they are trying to make progress.

Rhetoric

MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Update:

The dealer contacted me (my original salesman, actually). He explained to me that GM takes no responsibility for this particular option and that GM tried to say it was an LPO (dealer installed) option. They put the responsibility on the dealer to make me happy... which he is going to do. He verified that I got the rear cargo shade, but he wants to see a couple pics of what my car looks like under the rear floor so he can try to determine what the under floor storage would be. In the meantime, he's going to order me a cargo fence.

I made sure to explain to him that I had no intention of making the dealer pay out of their budget to make me happy as I knew it was not an LPO option and should have been included with the car. He was very apologetic and told me he was going to make it right. I should know more in the next couple days what fence they will supply and if any under floor storage exists.

jfgesquire

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Update:

The dealer contacted me (my original salesman, actually). He explained to me that GM takes no responsibility for this particular option and that GM tried to say it was an LPO (dealer installed) option. They put the responsibility on the dealer to make me happy... which he is going to do. He verified that I got the rear cargo shade, but he wants to see a couple pics of what my car looks like under the rear floor so he can try to determine what the under floor storage would be. In the meantime, he's going to order me a cargo fence.

I made sure to explain to him that I had no intention of making the dealer pay out of their budget to make me happy as I knew it was not an LPO option and should have been included with the car. He was very apologetic and told me he was going to make it right. I should know more in the next couple days what fence they will supply and if any under floor storage exists.
Yeah, clearly it is not LPO, as there is no LPO code for it listed in ANY of the literature. Why have the channels in the boot floor and nothing but those little tie down hooks to put there? It's supposed to have a fence, no doubt about it. An entire billion dollar company is playing stupid.

And funny how it may be just a mistake, for both 2018 and 2019 literature?? Doubt it.

Somewhere GM dropped the ball on this order from PSA/Opel.

You have a great dealer and salesman... Make sure he/they get a gift card and/or donuts and coffee!

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.