Cargo fence for tour x.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I've reached out to Buick via social media with all the info about RPO codes asking why this wasn't included with my vehicle and when can I expect to receive it.

I'll post an update when I hear more.
Update:
First response from Buick: Yes, the RPO codes do show those parts. Go ask your preferred dealer and they will help you.

My response: The dealer has no idea what these parts are, so please provide me with further information about them and how you can get them to me.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Update:
First response from Buick: Yes, the RPO codes do show those parts. Go ask your preferred dealer and they will help you.

My response: The dealer has no idea what these parts are, so please provide me with further information about them and how you can get them to me.
Update:
Buick apologized and is going to contact my preferred dealer and discuss this matter further.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Just wondering if Buick corporate is ignoring you?
They're not actually. They contacted my dealer and opened a case last week.

They followed-up with me last night and said they were sorry for the delay and were waiting on my dealer to respond.

I'm curious to see how that circle of ignorance will go... but at least it appears they are trying to make progress.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Update:

The dealer contacted me (my original salesman, actually). He explained to me that GM takes no responsibility for this particular option and that GM tried to say it was an LPO (dealer installed) option. They put the responsibility on the dealer to make me happy... which he is going to do. He verified that I got the rear cargo shade, but he wants to see a couple pics of what my car looks like under the rear floor so he can try to determine what the under floor storage would be. In the meantime, he's going to order me a cargo fence.

I made sure to explain to him that I had no intention of making the dealer pay out of their budget to make me happy as I knew it was not an LPO option and should have been included with the car. He was very apologetic and told me he was going to make it right. I should know more in the next couple days what fence they will supply and if any under floor storage exists.

jfgesquire

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Update:

The dealer contacted me (my original salesman, actually). He explained to me that GM takes no responsibility for this particular option and that GM tried to say it was an LPO (dealer installed) option. They put the responsibility on the dealer to make me happy... which he is going to do. He verified that I got the rear cargo shade, but he wants to see a couple pics of what my car looks like under the rear floor so he can try to determine what the under floor storage would be. In the meantime, he's going to order me a cargo fence.

I made sure to explain to him that I had no intention of making the dealer pay out of their budget to make me happy as I knew it was not an LPO option and should have been included with the car. He was very apologetic and told me he was going to make it right. I should know more in the next couple days what fence they will supply and if any under floor storage exists.
Yeah, clearly it is not LPO, as there is no LPO code for it listed in ANY of the literature. Why have the channels in the boot floor and nothing but those little tie down hooks to put there? It's supposed to have a fence, no doubt about it. An entire billion dollar company is playing stupid.

And funny how it may be just a mistake, for both 2018 and 2019 literature?? Doubt it.

Somewhere GM dropped the ball on this order from PSA/Opel.

You have a great dealer and salesman... Make sure he/they get a gift card and/or donuts and coffee!

ntorch

Blandon, PA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Doesn't surprise me at all that GM/Buick pass this issue on to the selling dealer. At this point if I'm the dealer I'm just giving Rhetoric the fence (~$100 retail) for good customer relations and repeat business (as another dealer did). As far as under floor storage aside from the hole to store the sub woofer/non existent spare and jack, in front of that under the flap you can store an atlas or maps, but who needs those now?

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
I didn’t push my dealer on this, but I took this screen grab from a video of what potential under floor storage looks like.

I sent my dealer a pic of the FlexRail as well as a P/N to help them in their quest. I’m not expecting to get the actual European FlexRail, but I’m curious to see what my dealer comes up with as an answer. I feel fortunate that they’re willing to take care of me as I know that’s not the case with everyone.

Attachments

ntorch

Blandon, PA
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Not arguing, just clarifying now that we have an answer from GM:

Evidently there will be no satisfaction from GM or Buick directly on this issue for any of us. Your Buick dealer is the one who will ultimately give you satisfaction on both the Rail and what ever under-storage foam accessory (will it even fit over the sub woofer foam holder??) you posted above that came standard in other countries-- as an Opel or Vauxhall but not a Buick. None of us got either of them with our cars from GM or Buick.

Bottom line, GM directly isn't going to give any of us the accessories based on a mistake made in their on-line configurator, online video or some other dated printed document. This falls into the 'not responsible for changes' etc to this document etc etc

Last edited:

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I say in place of the Fence we get a lawsuit going against GM and don't settle for anything less than a Trifecta tune for everyone with full warranty.
Can dream, can't I ?

Or better yet, maybe GM could just figure out something to build that consumers will buy so that could keep their plants open!

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Spot on, @ntorch. I tried to take it through the GM/Buick route through social media, but they ended up just shitting on my dealer (which I'm not happy about). I've expressed this to my dealer, but they've vowed to help me anyway.

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
R man have not read this, maybe you can give me the cliff notes version ...sounds like you found RPO missing from TourX? What is the code and does that tray fit over subwoofer?

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Notes:

Cars with Driver Confidence 1 (RPO B26) include RPO ANY.

RPO ANY includes:
  • U-Rail with adjustable cargo fence
  • Under floor storage
  • Retractable cargo shade
I agreed with my dealer that 'Under floor storage' is quite ambiguous and one could argue the storage already exists. I didn't press the issue and I have no idea what the P/N is of that cargo storage I found as a screenshot, or if it fits over the subwoofer. I've only ever seen it in that one video.

Rhetoric

SUPPORTING MEMBER
MPLS
Buick Ownership
2018 TourX
Final Update:

My dealer gave me the cargo fence from a 2019 Blazer. It’s no FlexRail, but it does the job. My Salesman and Dealer Customer Care Manager made sure everything fit right and that I was satisfied with their answer. I told them I was and also it shouldn’t be up to them to fix something that GM Corp. screwed up. My Salesman made sure to order this exact fence for the other TourX’s they have in stock with the RPO ANY package. Serious kudos to him.

Bonus:

It stows perfectly in the foam inserts under the rear folding floor.

Attachments

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.