• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Coding in additional information pages/themes to Guage Cluster

danzig997

47°40′10″N 122°7′26″W
Buick Ownership
TourX Essence with Opel Insignia DNA.
I wonder that this ECU OBD2 tool can do? "MDI (Multi Diagnostics Interface) is the genuine Vauxhall / Opel dealer diagnostics interface, "

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia GS
Is there a turbo boost gauge?
Not on my car. Either the turbo boost sensor isn't installed on the 2 litre engines or there is some issue with displaying it. There is a whole lot of info that can be displayed (oil temp & pressure/transmission temp/friction bubbles, g-force [side-to-side, not front-to back] and I assume compass heading [if you have GPS], but if the info isn't making it onto the ethernet bus, the cluster won't display it. OR, the boost pressure data comes across the USB cable on the GS cars--but as I mentioned, there is only one cable to connect to the cluster on my car.

Arturino

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
If it helps I confirmed with the team at opel-scanner that this product will work on a 2019 white needle GS cluster.
AutoScanner Opel CAN Pro Kit (without licenses)

info@opel-scanner.com

you'll be able to unlock all the features and themes with out swapping out your cluster, wires, etc.

Hello everyone, I'm the developer of this product, will be happy to answer your questions.

GTPprix

Metro Detroit, MI
Buick Ownership
Lacrosse CXS
I know, but this used unit cost around €100 (117.98USD) vs. $450 for a brand new instrument cluster. The difference is $350 and would cover WAMS $299.97 fees

And that pricing is for the US Spec clusters not export market units. The labor to rework an export market unit to US spec would likely wash out any savings. Check the dismantlers network or a local salvage yard they can search other yards inventory most of the time these things are out there and pretty cheap from what customers have told us.

Last edited:

GTPprix

Metro Detroit, MI
Buick Ownership
Lacrosse CXS
Not on my car. Either the turbo boost sensor isn't installed on the 2 litre engines or there is some issue with displaying it. There is a whole lot of info that can be displayed (oil temp & pressure/transmission temp/friction bubbles, g-force [side-to-side, not front-to back] and I assume compass heading [if you have GPS], but if the info isn't making it onto the ethernet bus, the cluster won't display it. OR, the boost pressure data comes across the USB cable on the GS cars--but as I mentioned, there is only one cable to connect to the cluster on my car.

So the issue is on 2017+ products is there is a gateway that determines which messages get passed to the low speed bus. Generally now if its not being used somewhere its not only shut off from ECM broadcast but also stopped from being pushed onto the low speed bus for the cluster to use. We run into this issue quite a bit on the Camaro platform specifically but the location of that gauge isnt user configurable like the Regal is. There seems to be no rhyme or reason on some of these but GM is going overboard with regards to cybersecurity now. We have started to enable the boost gauges on later units basically under the pretense of if it doesn't work you can simply turn it off so I hope everyone likes that method. The USB plug is to drive the HUD; if you dont have a HUD you wont have the plug for it :)

GTPprix

Metro Detroit, MI
Buick Ownership
Lacrosse CXS
I wonder that this ECU OBD2 tool can do? "MDI (Multi Diagnostics Interface) is the genuine Vauxhall / Opel dealer diagnostics interface, "

[/URL]
Nothing related to this particular conversation really; its a normal GM dealer programming tool (and a cheap Chinese knock off at that LOL) Did our first unit for one of our OE dealers yesterday I cant believe there are still some of these new on the lots out there!

Robjm

Buick Ownership
Zb commodore
Hello everyone, I'm the developer of this product, will be happy to answer your questions.
hi, does the Opel scanner tool allow reprogramming or enabling the performance menus/changing themes and enabling selecting what shows on the pocket gauges for the 2018 red needle cars?

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Is there a screen in the GS/up level cluster that shows the speed limit sign and the distance to empty? I've looked at countless photos but could not find a GS screen that has those shown.

Attachments

• gauge.PNG
    gauge.PNG
    248.1 KB · Views: 30

GTPprix

Metro Detroit, MI
Buick Ownership
Lacrosse CXS
Is there a screen in the GS/up level cluster that shows the speed limit sign and the distance to empty? I've looked at countless photos but could not find a GS screen that has those shown.

I *think* so or worst case one of the pocket gauges could display distance to empty with the speed limit on the other. Should have another on the bench tonight as we've been doing a bunch of these will check and report back :)

justiz00

Buick Ownership
Tourx
A video or slide show cycling through the possible screens would be helpful in deciding whether or not to pursue this upgrade. With DC1, DC2 and Sights and Sounds being the possible packages on the Tourx, the option screens should be straight forward.

GTPprix

Metro Detroit, MI
Buick Ownership
Lacrosse CXS
A video or slide show cycling through the possible screens would be helpful in deciding whether or not to pursue this upgrade. With DC1, DC2 and Sights and Sounds being the possible packages on the Tourx, the option screens should be straight forward.

I think @Jack GS posted some in this thread possibly already IIRC? Screens do depend somewhat on vehicle content as well obviously.

Last edited:

GTPprix

Metro Detroit, MI
Buick Ownership
Lacrosse CXS

Ok so we can only do so much on the bench would need one of the IOT equipped guys to chime in because I swear in the touring theme it shows the speed limit to the left when its live in vehicle. This is as close as we can get but it would show what you're looking for (and you could configure the pocket gauges however you'd like obviously) left is distance to empty, right is boost obviously.

IMG_8661D.jpeg

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Ok so we can only do so much on the bench would need one of the IOT equipped guys to chime in because I swear in the touring theme it shows the speed limit to the left when its live in vehicle. This is as close as we can get but it would show what you're looking for (and you could configure the pocket gauges however you'd like obviously) left is distance to empty, right is boost obviously.
Cool. This is first I’ve seen the boost gauge. Are the custom pocket gauges a complete set you program or is there a list customer picks a fixed number of?

Last edited:

Arturino

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
hi, does the Opel scanner tool allow reprogramming or enabling the performance menus/changing themes and enabling selecting what shows on the pocket gauges for the 2018 red needle cars?
Yes, I have on testing cluster here, can enable pretty much everything.

GTPprix

Metro Detroit, MI
Buick Ownership
Lacrosse CXS

I thought I saw some! this covers mainly our work however I'm sure if we asked nice he may be persuaded to take more :)

Delton

Sacramento, California
Buick Ownership
2016 Buick Regal GS AWD w/ Trifecta Tune Previously: 2012 Buick Regal Premium I
So the issue is on 2017+ products is there is a gateway that determines which messages get passed to the low speed bus. Generally now if its not being used somewhere its not only shut off from ECM broadcast but also stopped from being pushed onto the low speed bus for the cluster to use. We run into this issue quite a bit on the Camaro platform specifically but the location of that gauge isnt user configurable like the Regal is. There seems to be no rhyme or reason on some of these but GM is going overboard with regards to cybersecurity now. We have started to enable the boost gauges on later units basically under the pretense of if it doesn't work you can simply turn it off so I hope everyone likes that method. The USB plug is to drive the HUD; if you dont have a HUD you wont have the plug for it :)

So to make sure I'm understanding. The boost gauge would work with a 2016 GS?

GTPprix

Metro Detroit, MI
Buick Ownership
Lacrosse CXS
So to make sure I'm understanding. The boost gauge would work with a 2016 GS?

Higher probability of it yes. The big thing is the ECM needs to broadcast it and the BCM needs to gateway it to the low speed bus for the cluster to read. GM was not nearly as stringent with that aspect in vehicles that relied on the BCM to gateway the data vs the 2017+ applications. I think we'll just start turning it on in any I4 Turbo application and if it doesnt work just dont enable it (on the customer end since you can control it being on or not) and we can gather feedback from there.

EDIT: if this is something you'd be interested in testing drop us a line from the website :)

Last edited:

novoseb

Cincinnati, OH
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal GS
Here’s a pic with the distance to empty and speed limit.

Attachments

• B1CFF092-32A4-4AAE-A9CA-79534F0FF02E.jpeg
    B1CFF092-32A4-4AAE-A9CA-79534F0FF02E.jpeg
    230.9 KB · Views: 54
Get your turbo buick badge right here!