• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Coding in additional information pages/themes to Guage Cluster

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Sorry - just realized the speed limit sign is washed out. Tough to get a good pic as it’s a bright day. This Is a little better:
Thanks, that's exactly what I was looking for. It's the anti performance driving screen, LOL, but on long trips it's handy. I think I will have to pull the trigger on this.

94cruiser

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
not yet
Sorry - just realized the speed limit sign is washed out. Tough to get a good pic as it’s a bright day. This Is a little better:

Is this pulled from front facing radar or built in GPS?

Talk about in your face..

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
It’s pretty accurate, but doesn’t account for things like construction zones and temporary changes.
In Europe for the Opel I think it is done with the Traffic Sign Recognition system and forward facing camera but in the US that's not being done. I had a '11 Saab 9-5 and it was same way.

GTPprix

Metro Detroit, MI
Buick Ownership
Lacrosse CXS
In Europe for the Opel I think it is done with the Traffic Sign Recognition system and forward facing camera but in the US that's not being done. I had a '11 Saab 9-5 and it was same way.

Yup! One of these days we'll redo the entire system to use that instead ;)

Uniqez

Buick Ownership
2018 Opel Insignia Country Tourer with Buick steering wheel, HMI and floor mats
@GTPprix is it double to program it from USB stick, if it is a brand new cluster. In other words, instead of shipping the whole unit, could you create a boot USB stick to my VIN for the new cluster? Thanks.

GTPprix

Metro Detroit, MI
Buick Ownership
Lacrosse CXS
@GTPprix is it double to program it from USB stick, if it is a brand new cluster. In other words, instead of shipping the whole unit, could you create a boot USB stick to my VIN for the new cluster? Thanks.

Sadly no; wish it was that easy! That was something we were testing to try to solve one small piece of the puzzle which ultimately did not pan out. There are many facets (and steps!) to making all of this work properly, keep it warranty compliant and not set any tamper flags in other modules, show errors etc. This is also why we have a direct supply from GM of brand new units for these (and all our applications) so all you simply have to do is select we are supplying a brand new unit and you're good to go!

94cruiser

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
not yet
No, but I had a '94 Caprice wagon I yanked the 4L60E 4 speed and installed a Tremec T56 6 speed.
and had the car signed by John Moss at a national GM B-Body meet.

InsigniaLUVR

Buick Ownership
Opel Insignia
gtpprix can u contact please? have software being mentioned here and it cannot turn on ability to change pocket gauges on any year or change splash screen on newer insignia need cars fixed for customers tnx

GTPprix

Metro Detroit, MI
Buick Ownership
Lacrosse CXS
gtpprix can u contact please? have software being mentioned here and it cannot turn on ability to change pocket gauges on any year or change splash screen on newer insignia need cars fixed for customers tnx
Hey there! Please use the "Contact Us" form from our website (in my signature) or the live chat during business hours and we'll see what we can figure out for you. Much easier to get everyone on the same page that way :)

Keith H.

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal Sportback Preferred II
@GTPprix Just finished installing the uplevel dash in my 2019 Sportback. It looks great and was truly plug and play. I haven't got a chance to mess with it too much but did discover the boost gauge is functional in the pocket gauge.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
@GTPprix Just finished installing the uplevel dash in my 2019 Sportback. It looks great and was truly plug and play. I haven't got a chance to mess with it too much but did discover the boost gauge is functional in the pocket gauge.
Ok, dammit, you couldn't keep that to yourself! On the fence and over the edge, I just placed order on their website. I've read the swap procedure posted by Jack GS, any further advice?

danzig997

47°40′10″N 122°7′26″W
Buick Ownership
TourX Essence with Opel Insignia DNA.
What was the source for the uplevel instrument cluster? brand new or recycled?

Keith H.

Buick Ownership
2019 Regal Sportback Preferred II
Ok, dammit, you couldn't keep that to yourself! On the fence and over the edge, I just placed order on their website. I've read the swap procedure posted by Jack GS, any further advice?

I followed the Jack GS how-to as well and everything went smoothly. I would suggest picking up a set of plastic trim removal tools from Amazon. I believe that is already in the how-to, but they are definitely needed on certain parts. I bought one of the bigger kits, but one of the smaller 11 or 12 pieces would work just fine. I only used 2 of the plastic tools.

I think I got lucky with the long trim piece, it had me worried but popped right off with a little tug. Hopefully, you have the same experience.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!