• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Disable Automatic Stop/Start

D2R

Michigan
2019 Regal TourX Essence
OOPS My error. I was looking directly below the fog light and did not look further towards the back of the car for an access point. This might have something to do with the temperature of the garage floor.
I am with you on that one. It is kind of painful to do it on the cold floor. (Just did that the other day) :eek:

Dr No

19 Regal TourX
Hey voipdog, it may not be the entertainment system. When I used other LED bulbs in the back up lights, the rear camera stayed and wouldn’t go off. The body control module probably thinks the car is in reverse. The marker lines are gone though. Only would go away when I changed out the LED bulb. Funny thing you can use one LED bulb and one incandescent bulb and everything works fine.

Mac-427

2019 TourX
Hi all! Just bought my Tourx and love it! The only thing is I want to disable the automatic stop/start. I saw this is available aftermarket. Would this void any warranty though?
Got the Range on Amazon yesterday for $170. Popped it in, no more stop start and remote start works perfectly. :)

D2R

Michigan
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Easy 10-15 minute job on the TourX.....The lens has two square tabs that fit into the outside of the hatch bodywork and a single threaded stud that holds it in place from the inside. On the inside rear hatch you will see two curved plastic covers that cover the back-up light lens from the inside. Pop those off with a screwdriver (or preferably a plastic trim tool) and you will see and/or feel a big plastic wing-nut that hold the lens in place. Unscrew the wing-nut and push on the lens mindful of the gasket...it will pivot from the center out and from there you can get access to the bulb socket.
Installation is the reverse......align the two outward facing plastic tabs of the lens into rear hatch and pivot it the lens inward and attach the wing-nut and pop the cover back on.....BTW it's good time to wipe out the dirt in lens recess in the rear hatch....amazing the amount of crud that collects in there.
Thanks for the instructions.
2 things holding me back for now. The cold (plastic are more brittle), and the story about the LED reverse light staying on even the car is off (will check it out if it gets little warmer).

voipdog10

2018 TourX
Hey voipdog, it may not be the entertainment system. When I used other LED bulbs in the back up lights, the rear camera stayed and wouldn’t go off. The body control module probably thinks the car is in reverse. The marker lines are gone though. Only would go away when I changed out the LED bulb. Funny thing you can use one LED bulb and one incandescent bulb and everything works fine.
Than
Thanks for the heads-up of mixing and matching....but the Back-Up Grid did the same disappearance act with the incandescent bulbs too. Only first drive in the AM. Subsequent start cycles and using reverse the lines would appear.....go figure!!! What's strange is that they would reappear in D for a few seconds before the camera shut off and car started down the road.
Figured out if I do the PRND and back dance twice (letting the shifter sit in each position for like 5 secs) first start cycle of the day its okay.....my guess is some boot sequence/module loading is the gremlin.
I'm just happy the ASS is not working....for now at least...8>).

voipdog10

2018 TourX
Than
Thanks for the heads-up of mixing and matching....but the Back-Up Grid did the same disappearance act with the incandescent bulbs too. Only first drive in the AM. Subsequent start cycles and using reverse the lines would appear.....go figure!!! What's strange is that they would reappear in D for a few seconds before the camera shut off and car started down the road.
Figured out if I do the PRND and back dance twice (letting the shifter sit in each position for like 5 secs) first start cycle of the day its okay.....my guess is some boot sequence/module loading is the gremlin.
I'm just happy the ASS is not working....for now at least...8>).
BTW....this is DEFINITELY not your Father's Buick....LOL!!🤣🤣

kevjam79

Missouri
2018 Buick Regal Sportback Pref. Grp. II
I have never had a problem with the Lasfit staying on and the grid has never dissappeared for me.

SpencerK

Regal TourX
Got the Range on Amazon yesterday for $170. Popped it in, no more stop start and remote start works perfectly. :)
I see a few different versions, I think. Is there a particular version that you purchased? I don't see the TourX listed on their site.

Mac-427

2019 TourX
"I see a few different versions, I think. Is there a particular version that you purchased? I don't see the TourX listed on their site."

The unit I purchased from Amazon is part #RA005 for GM vehicles. Evidently the technology is the same for multiple GM brands.

50Joe

Regal TourX
I see a few different versions, I think. Is there a particular version that you purchased? I don't see the TourX listed on their site.
Auto Anything carries the Range Technology unit for $144. There are copies out there but wouldn't trust buying from ebay, etc. I called Range and they stated Auto Anything is a certified reseller of their device.

landsharkmz3

Please be cautious about purchasing on Amazon. More than 1 person on this forum reported receiving fraudulent devices, and Range Technology does not have authorized sellers on Amazon.

Mac-427

2019 TourX
Please be cautious about purchasing on Amazon. More than 1 person on this forum reported receiving fraudulent devices, and Range Technology does not have authorized sellers on Amazon.
Thanks for your concern Landshark. Mine works perfectly with no check engine or remote start problems so I must have gotten the correct unit.

runeight

2018 Tour X Essence
I was told that all you need to do to disable it is to pop the shifter into manual mode. Does that not work on some trim levels?
Yup, actually I just drive in low gear all the time. This uses the fuel that the Clowns at GM thinks you need to save. All about their emissions numbers for certification.

Gotta go! VAROOM.............

Zeta30

2019 TourX Essense
I just brought home my 2019 TourX. One of the things the salesman and I discussed was the auto start/stop feature. When I asked about this his response was, if you don't want it lets take it over to the service dept and have them disable it for you. By the time I finished signing all the paper work the dealer had disabled it for me.

The service manager told me that they get this request quite frequently and when asked they disable it at no charge.

Uniqez

2018 Regal TourX Essence
I just brought home my 2019 TourX. One of the things the salesman and I discussed was the auto start/stop feature. When I asked about this his response was, if you don't want it lets take it over to the service dept and have them disable it for you. By the time I finished signing all the paper work the dealer had disabled it for me.

The service manager told me that they get this request quite frequently and when asked they disable it at no charge.
Say whaaaaaat? They did through the software?
That's so nice of them to do so. That means if you would get the button from insignia they could make it active?!

Zeta30

2019 TourX Essense
I've got a BMW as well. With BMW you can purchase software for your PC to unlock hidden features that the manufacturer disables. Such as options to open windows with your key fob, have the side mirrors auto fold in when you park your car, etc. I'm surprised there isn't such software for GM cars. The software is third party software but there are a few of them out there. Some of them even include dealer level diagnostics.

Uniqez

2018 Regal TourX Essence
I've got a BMW as well. With BMW you can purchase software for your PC to unlock hidden features that the manufacturer disables. Such as options to open windows with your key fob, have the side mirrors auto fold in when you park your car, etc. I'm surprised there isn't such software for GM cars. The software is third party software but there are a few of them out there. Some of them even include dealer level diagnostics.
Same thing they have for VAG group vehicles, called vag.com, if I remember it right.

saab93driver

2019 TourX
I'd get that service manager a nice bottle of something from a liquor store. Service above & beyond deserves a reward.
It'd be nice to know how they actually were able to disable it because other than the devices discussed on here this is first time I've read where a dealer disabled it (unless it was installing the module, which I wouldn't think they would supply for free).

Get your turbo buick badge right here!