• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Disable Automatic Stop/Start

50Joe

Regal TourX
Did my first decent highway trip yesterday to Atlanta and back. 200+ miles. Hit stop and go traffic on I-85 on the way home. So glad I had the Range Technology unit installed. It worked perfect and if I had not installed it that time on the interstate starting and stopping would have been frustrating.

wingedone

Charlotte, MI
TourX
All I do is put my car in manual mode as I come to a stop and put it back in drive when the light changes and I start driving again!
Same as I was doing. But as I noted before, for the last 2 months, here in Michigan, I have not needed to. It never shuts down.

I am going to try turning off all other electrical, once the car is warmed up and see what happens.

redGS2

2019 Regal GS
I think the stop start technology is confusing the transmission learning. I have a city road with at least 10 stop lights. Car drove me crazy, bought the under hood smart stop, a dream. But did not work once and then was OK. Took it out, found stop start did not brother me. Returned under hood smart Stop start. Bought Range and only use on trips. Leave car original for around neighborhood.

landsharkmz3

I would like to control it on demand, like with the button offered on this car in Europe! The car is 95% commuting. I have some stop signs, and a couple lights that are almost always only a few seconds long. The times where shutting off is appropriate are rare on my commute. I have basically trained myself to bump the lever over to manual on any stops where I don't want it to shut off. I then have to bump it back (after 2 seconds).

wingedone

Charlotte, MI
TourX
Same as I was doing. But as I noted before, for the last 2 months, here in Michigan, I have not needed to. It never shuts down.

I am going to try turning off all other electrical, once the car is warmed up and see what happens.
Nothing happened. With all electrical appliances off, it still does not shut off. Was 49 degrees today.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Last summer it shut down even with A/C on. Weird it no longer does.

Not complaining really.

voipdog10

2018 TourX
Brand new owner of a TourX as of today. Do these LED backup bulbs truly disable the auto stop/start? If so, that is awesome.
I tried the LastFit LED bulbs and ASS still works...although they are ALOT better & brighter than the incandescent bulbs that came out.....it's too bad as I was hoping it would work!!
The ASS system drives me crazy and going to order the Range unit tonight...had a couple of close calls when the car lurched when parking.

D2R

Michigan
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I got these for my last car that does not have auto stop/start.
1576030553884.png
Still have them around the house somewhere.
I shall give it a shot if no one has tried already. Just need to figure out how to replace them.

StigMX5

Buick Newbie
Buick
For those that have installed the Range Technology unit: Does the led light on the unit come on each time the driver door is opened? How long before it goes out? Not a big deal, just curious.
The blue light is on all the time once the car starts. While it was a nice light,I’d rather have no lights at night like that so I put a piece of electrical tape over the light.

That said, the device works great.

kevjam79

Missouri
2018 Buick Regal Sportback Pref. Grp. II
I tried the LastFit LED bulbs and ASS still works...although they are ALOT better & brighter than the incandescent bulbs that came out.....it's too bad as I was hoping it would work!!
The ASS system drives me crazy and going to order the Range unit tonight...had a couple of close calls when the car lurched when parking.
Ok.... so it may be a combination of multiple LED lights. I also replaced the trunk light with LED and fog lights with LED.

The LASFIT are supposed to be CANBUS error free... but I am not sure about the others. If you have a 195 LED bulb laying around, throw it into the trunk light. Try to get one that doesn't state that it is error free.

New Tourx Owner
I have put about 200 miles of local driving since I installed the Lasfit back up bulbs and the SS has not activated. Has anyone installed the led fog light bulbs? How much of the plastic below the fog light did you have to remove to access the light?

D2R

Michigan
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I have put about 200 miles of local driving since I installed the Lasfit back up bulbs and the SS has not activated. Has anyone installed the led fog light bulbs? How much of the plastic below the fog light did you have to remove to access the light?
For the TourX, I did not have to remove any plastic to access the light.
Lay on my back and reach behind the front bumper with my hand was all that it takes.
I would recommend putting on some safety glasses when doing so, because there might be small rocks/debris from the road that can fall into your face/eyes.

New Tourx Owner
My 2018 Tourx has plastic panels full width under the bumper and of course there is the inner fender. There is no place to put my hand under.

L J

Regal TourX
My 2018 Tourx has plastic panels full width under the bumper and of course there is the inner fender. There is no place to put my hand under.
Replaced mine, nothing to remove. Have to reach up at very front outside. Somebody put a thread that was very helpful on how to do it. Helps to put on ramps or get front of car raised.

New Tourx Owner
OOPS My error. I was looking directly below the fog light and did not look further towards the back of the car for an access point. This might have something to do with the temperature of the garage floor.

kevjam79

Missouri
2018 Buick Regal Sportback Pref. Grp. II
There is nothing limiting access to the foglight housing on the Sportback.

voipdog10

2018 TourX
I got these for my last car that does not have auto stop/start.
View attachment 19971
Still have them around the house somewhere.
I shall give it a shot if no one has tried already. Just need to figure out how to replace them.
Easy 10-15 minute job on the TourX.....The lens has two square tabs that fit into the outside of the hatch bodywork and a single threaded stud that holds it in place from the inside. On the inside rear hatch you will see two curved plastic covers that cover the back-up light lens from the inside. Pop those off with a screwdriver (or preferably a plastic trim tool) and you will see and/or feel a big plastic wing-nut that hold the lens in place. Unscrew the wing-nut and push on the lens mindful of the gasket...it will pivot from the center out and from there you can get access to the bulb socket.
Installation is the reverse......align the two outward facing plastic tabs of the lens into rear hatch and pivot it the lens inward and attach the wing-nut and pop the cover back on.....BTW it's good time to wipe out the dirt in lens recess in the rear hatch....amazing the amount of crud that collects in there.

voipdog10

2018 TourX
Ok.... so it may be a combination of multiple LED lights. I also replaced the trunk light with LED and fog lights with LED.

The LASFIT are supposed to be CANBUS error free... but I am not sure about the others. If you have a 195 LED bulb laying around, throw it into the trunk light. Try to get one that doesn't state that it is error free.
Quick update....that the ASS system has now stopped working after replacing the LastFit B/U bulbs last weekend.
Not sure what is going on....the only thing I did differently was shift the car back and forth from R-N-D a few times when grid lines disappeared from the B/U camera screen on the first trip of the day. Have to love the buggy Android OS and I have to say my wife's Ford with Sync-3, (which I believe is Microsoft based) is way more sorted out than the Buick.

garbageguy

Regal TourX 2019
Nothing happened. With all electrical appliances off, it still does not shut off. Was 49 degrees today.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised. Last summer it shut down even with A/C on. Weird it no longer does.

Not complaining really.
It was under 15 deg F here in WNY yesterday morning, first time the TourX didn't ASS after a few miles - makes me wonder if it just won't ASS when it senses cold outside temperatures

Kybuck83

Orange County, CA
2019 Regal TourX Essence
FYI, it seems the Range Technologies device does not defeat the auto start/stop if the low fuel light is on. I've had it happen twice now - it doesn't seem to stop working when the light comes on... Only after the car is turned off and then back on while still low on gas. As soon as the tank is filled and car started back up, it begins overriding again.

Not sure if this is intentional programming by Range Technologies to squeeze every last mile out if you're low on gas, or if it just has to do with whatever signal it's sending being ignored by the car when low on gas.

Get your turbo buick badge right here!