• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

EXTENDABLE DRIVER SIDE SUN VISOR?

Kybuck83

Orange County, CA
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
View attachment 18467
Both sides installed today!
Did the gray visors come from an Envision, or something else? I've gone through two eBay pairs of Envision "gray" that were really shale/tan... Not sure I really want to try a third time, I'm tired of going back to the post office to return them.

They look pretty close with the flash on, but without the flash it really shows the difference (existing visors are on top in all the pics).
1839792809.png 1811181028.png IMG_20191003_192047.jpg IMG_20191003_192044.jpg

I have a 2019 TourX Essence, black interior, moonroof, if that matters or helps anyone else in the future.

GermyShoe

Richardson, TX
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Did the gray visors come from an Envision, or something else? I've gone through two eBay pairs of Envision "gray" that were really shale/tan... Not sure I really want to try a third time, I'm tired of going back to the post office to return them.

They look pretty close with the flash on, but without the flash it really shows the difference (existing visors are on top in all the pics).
View attachment 18930 View attachment 18931 View attachment 18928 View attachment 18929

I have a 2019 TourX Essence, black interior, moonroof, if that matters or helps anyone else in the future.
They came off of a previous gen Regal, I believe.

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia (with a Buick radio)
Looks like a 2016 Regal used the extending visors; GM Parts Direct shows three colours available, black, cashmere & titanium. I'm pretty sure I know what black looks like, but can't find any good examples of the cashmere, and the titanium (as seen on Ebay) ranges between a warm tan to a light grey. If anyone can supply a GM part number for a visor that comes close to the shale, please post. Other than that, here's the 2016 parts page for the sun-visors:

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Looks like a 2016 Regal used the extending visors; GM Parts Direct shows three colours available, black, cashmere & titanium. I'm pretty sure I know what black looks like, but can't find any good examples of the cashmere, and the titanium (as seen on Ebay) ranges between a warm tan to a light grey. If anyone can supply a GM part number for a visor that comes close to the shale, please post. Other than that, here's the 2016 parts page for the sun-visors:

[/URL][/URL]
My guess is
Cashmere:
1571278295985.png
Titanium:
1571278315332.png
At least, a google search on the part numbers specifically shows them similar to the pictures above.

Last edited:

Kybuck83

Orange County, CA
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
They came off of a previous gen Regal, I believe.
Thanks, I just ordered a set of titanium (gray) from the previous gen Regal, part numbers 22800048 (driver) and 22800051 (passenger). I was able to find a new ones for just slightly more than used, so I shouldn't have to worry about condition, and hopefully I can trust that these will actually be the right color. Once they arrive next week, I'll confirm if those part numbers are actually matches.

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
😁I think those were the ones I was looking at this afternoon. Plus the seller posted an image showing the 'extending arm' in picture #2 so there wasn't any doubt that they had that feature.

Looking forward to your findings on the colour match. (I think it's a given that you have to get both the LH & RH set so that if there is a slight mis-match, it won't be that obvious ('That's not a bug, that's a feature!').

GermyShoe

Richardson, TX
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Thanks, I just ordered a set of titanium (gray) from the previous gen Regal, part numbers 22800048 (driver) and 22800051 (passenger). I was able to find a new ones for just slightly more than used, so I shouldn't have to worry about condition, and hopefully I can trust that these will actually be the right color. Once they arrive next week, I'll confirm if those part numbers are actually matches.
make sure to swap over the mirror lights as the newer ones are LED. They only go in one way, so if they don't work at first, flip them over.

Kybuck83

Orange County, CA
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence

stevie123

Buick Ownership
Buick
Success! The previous gen Regal "gray" or "titanium" appears to be the right match.

These are the listings I bought from - "new overstock" for only slightly more than many used/salvage options:
Drivers Side: 22800048 Sunshade/Sun Visor LH Titanium New OEM GM 2011-17 Buick Regal | eBay
Passengers Side: 22800051 Sunshade/Sun Visor RH Titanium New OEM GM 2011-17 Buick Regal | eBay
Was it a direct fit and easy installation? Previously, someone else who installed the visors from an Envision had some trouble.
I also had a friend in China look up a ~2016 Regal visor and the seller claim it won't fit our newer Regals... The price in China was ~$30 for both sides.

GermyShoe

Richardson, TX
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Was it a direct fit and easy installation? Previously, someone else who installed the visors from an Envision had some trouble.
I also had a friend in China look up a ~2016 Regal visor and the seller claim it won't fit our newer Regals... The price in China was ~$30 for both sides.
They're all the same whether they are envision or Regal. In fact the only difference in those from ours are that they are extendable. They look identical otherwise.

I had my AV guy install them. He charged me $65 and I think he regretted quoting me upfront. It took them almost an hour and they do trim work every day. Said he had to pull back the headliner and other have said that you have to remove the A pillar trim.

stevie123

Buick Ownership
Buick
They're all the same whether they are envision or Regal. In fact the only difference in those from ours are that they are extendable. They look identical otherwise.

I had my AV guy install them. He charged me $65 and I think he regretted quoting me upfront. It took them almost an hour and they do trim work every day. Said he had to pull back the headliner and other have said that you have to remove the A pillar trim.
Ok, you've convinced me not to do it. :)

Kybuck83

Orange County, CA
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
I haven't installed mine, but as stated, they are the same size.

A lot of "not compatible" responses for these visors (and other parts) is because these did not come installed on our cars from the factory. The GM parts system only shows compatibility if it is the correct original factory part, and does not take into account whether or not it can physically be installed (given the size of the GM parts catalog, that would be an impossible task with any degree of certainty). Therefore, it does not show these are for our cars, but multiple people have successfully installed them.

A similar thing happened when I ordered my spare tire - it was flagged that the TourX does not come with a spare tire, but again many of us know that one can very easily be installed.

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
Installed--basically followed the advice & pictures from HotwheelHTH, and as he mentioned, about 45 minutes on the first, 30 on the second (experience counts!). There wasn't any adhesive holding the visor mount in on mine (2019 Sportback) but there was a large clip which pinches the headliner (seems to serve two purposes; 1) hold the visor in place on the headliner before it's installed in the vehicle, and 2) provide a conduit for the vanity lamp power cable so it won't get pinched). Images follow:
VisorClip.JPG VisorClip2.JPG VisorNoClip.JPG

Last edited:

CPO

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Thanks to a forum member for the following info: 2011-17 Buick Regal extendable sunshades in 3 trim colors available from Amazon. I ordered both sides $50 each, had my local auto upholstery install for $125, they made the visor light adjustments, installation came out great. Part #'s for titanium 22800051 RH, 22800048 LH.

Turbo Buick Badge