• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

EXTENDABLE DRIVER SIDE SUN VISOR?

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
There was a guy on FB group that did with swap with a part from an Envision. He said same thing about the wiring under the headliner being the hardest part but it worked once he was able to figure it out.

HotwheelHTH

Buick Ownership
Regal GS
Install went smooth today. Time needed is 30-45 minutes and for tools you need a small screw driver, T15 torx, and a 8 mm nut driver. Below are the pictures i took during the process. After you remove the screws from the visor and get the old removed(like playing tug of war with a gorilla), you have to remove the retaining clip for the visor, the assist handle and pop the A pillar cover free. This allows you room to disconnect the wiring. Once you have the old one removed, the installation is the oposite of pulling it apart. The only thing that my replacement had was standard bulbs, no LEDs. But guess what, GM is cheap and put LED replacements in place of the bulbs so they are easy to swap.

Note: this is the driver side visor from a 2013-2017 Buick Regal. I'd like to believe all colors are the same as well as the passenger side.

Attachments

Last edited:

pek

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Got to get me one of these, the lack of extension drives me nuts (and partially blind).

DoUSail2

Buick Ownership
Her 2018 Regal TourX Essence, Frost, Convenience 1&2, S&S
Thanks for pictures and the report. Got to do this, Hope the tan (Shale) interior color match is good. If anyone gets the Shale part numbers and confirms color match please chime in.

HotwheelHTH

Buick Ownership
Regal GS
According to GM the colors for the 2013-2017 come in Titanium, Cashmere, and Black. Of course the same color names would be too much to ask for 😒

From what I can tell the Sportback comes in gray or black and the Tourx is tan.

Last edited:

Buick Ownership
New Tourx Owner
GM parts show the visor #39137492 as being Grey does anyone know if this is the same as the Titanium visor part number 2280048?

GermyShoe

Richardson, TX
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX

22800048 Sunshade/Sun Visor LH Titanium New OEM GM 2011-17 Buick Regal
Total: $53.99
Item ID: 232696092513
Seller: s1autoparts

I just got this on ebay. The color is slightly darker but I find it ok... I am looking forward to not having the sun in my left eye! Not the worst job to install but all the glued stuff in the headliner is a pain.
I just ordered two Envision ones off of ebay... $65 per, I think. I will have my A/V guy install them so I don't screw anything up. Driving almost due South to Austin last weekend was unbearable.

CTMechE

CT
Buick Ownership
'19 Regal TourX, Essence
I was thinking about this yesterday. While I enjoy a project, I'm not sure I want to bother swapping the visor. I'm considering a cheap & easy solution. Either buying this, or making a simple version of it myself:

Amazon.com: SAILEAD Tan Beige Sun Visor Sunshade Extender for Car, Side Window Sun Visor Extender Windshield Sunshade and UV Rays Blocker, 1 Pack, Beige: Automotive

(Note, I have the Shale interior, but they have other colors)

bollox74

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I was thinking about this yesterday. While I enjoy a project, I'm not sure I want to bother swapping the visor. I'm considering a cheap & easy solution. Either buying this, or making a simple version of it myself:

Amazon.com: SAILEAD Tan Beige Sun Visor Sunshade Extender for Car, Side Window Sun Visor Extender Windshield Sunshade and UV Rays Blocker, 1 Pack, Beige: Automotive

(Note, I have the Shale interior, but they have other colors)
Nice find, ordered.

(one of the features I wish this Xcellent car should have come with!)

GermyShoe

Richardson, TX
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
DO NOT GET THE SHALE! They are the wrong color... or at least they were for me. I need gray.

If anyone wants to buy 2 shale visors, I'm sure we can work something out.

jgams

Buick Ownership
TourX
DO NOT GET THE SHALE! They are the wrong color... or at least they were for me. I need gray.

If anyone wants to buy 2 shale visors, I'm sure we can work something out.
Hi GermyShoe - I am looking for a shale visor that extends. If that's what you have let me know.

Turbo Buick Badge