• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

EXTENDABLE DRIVER SIDE SUN VISOR?

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Thanks to a forum member for the following info: 2011-17 Buick Regal extendable sunshades in 3 trim colors available from Amazon. I ordered both sides $50 each, had my local auto upholstery install for $125, they made the visor light adjustments, installation came out great. Part #'s for titanium 22800051 RH, 22800048 LH.
When you say upholstery install, do you mean some place like a body shop?

jgams

Buick Ownership
TourX
Finally got my new sun visors from GM Parts Direct. For a Shale colored interior I got the part numbers from a 2019 Envision. Went in pretty easily and look good. The new ones have a fabric cover instead of molded plastic - also a little nicer. I took the led bulbs from the old ones - the new ones have regular bulbs. NO MORE SUN BLIND GOING TO WORK!!:):cool:

84173704Sunshade$129.87
84173524Sun-Visor$97.32

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
Finally got my new sun visors from GM Parts Direct. For a Shale colored interior I got the part numbers from a 2019 Envision. Went in pretty easily and look good. The new ones have a fabric cover instead of molded plastic - also a little nicer. I took the led bulbs from the old ones - the new ones have regular bulbs. NO MORE SUN BLIND GOING TO WORK!!:):cool:

84173704Sunshade$129.87
84173524Sun-Visor$97.32
Would be great if there are some pictures that can be shared with the rest of us. :)
I also have the shale interior and still on the fence whether to bite the bullet or not.:unsure:
(Also found the previous gen Regal sun visors on eBay for 50 bucks a pop.)

stevie123

Buick Ownership
Buick
These are off of previous gen Regal (black/grey interior). They are identical to the ones I pulled off except that they are extendable. I also changed over the LED lights from the pull-offs.
How much work was the install? They're pretty cheap off ebay... Is it just some screws, or are there wire spicing/fabric cutting or special tools involved?

GermyShoe

Richardson, TX
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
How much work was the install? They're pretty cheap off ebay... Is it just some screws, or are there wire spicing/fabric cutting or special tools involved?
I had my audio/tint shop do it... but there is no splicing. The wires are the same. The problem is to get to the wires, you have to pull the a-pillar trim back... which is why I didn't do it.

stevie123

Buick Ownership
Buick
I had my audio/tint shop do it... but there is no splicing. The wires are the same. The problem is to get to the wires, you have to pull the a-pillar trim back... which is why I didn't do it.
Hmm, I still aren't picturing it. Sorry...

Lets say I want to use either the Envision visor or the old Regal visor, but is willing to forego the vanity mirror light, but don't want to cut any wires in my car, would I be able to do it easily but not have exposed wiring?

GermyShoe

Richardson, TX
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Hmm, I still aren't picturing it. Sorry...

Lets say I want to use either the Envision visor or the old Regal visor, but is willing to forego the vanity mirror light, but don't want to cut any wires in my car, would I be able to do it easily but not have exposed wiring?
I didn't look at it, but I assume that you'd have to cut the wires on the old one to get it off. Not sure if there's space to stuff the connector up there. I'd pull the cover off of the old one and see what you're working with before you pull the trigger... although I will tell you that paying someone to do it was worth every penny.

Anaduff

SUPPORTING MEMBER
St. Paul, Minnesota
Buick Ownership
2019 Insignia (with a Buick radio)
You really don't want to cut those wires--one of them is ground & the other is a live +12V--there would be sparks.

Popping off the front pillar is easy enough, and so is folding back the door gasket to allow pulling down the headliner. A small screwdriver helps to separate the connector for the lamps in the visor. If you want to do it yourself, it's about 30 minutes per side; if you have a shop do it, the only tool you'll need is a credit card.

GermyShoe

Richardson, TX
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
You really don't want to cut those wires--one of them is ground & the other is a live +12V--there would be sparks.

Popping off the front pillar is easy enough, and so is folding back the door gasket to allow pulling down the headliner. A small screwdriver helps to separate the connector for the lamps in the visor. If you want to do it yourself, it's about 30 minutes per side; if you have a shop do it, the only tool you'll need is a credit card.
The shop I had do it prefers cash money.

jgams

Buick Ownership
TourX
When I changed mine out I didn't have to pop the pillar covers off. Just pulled the wires a little and the connector came right out. Just pushed it back in out of the way for the install. Its just 3 screws and a plastic spacer holding the visor in - pretty easy but you will need a torx head screw driver.

Turbo Buick Badge