• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Has anyone replace their Tourx wheels?

WeLikeIt

North Carolina
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX, 2003 Century, 1989 Regal
With all the folks not really fond of the original wheels, does anybody have a pair of original wheels they would like to stop storing? Aka sell me? Stock wheels, stock tires would be great.

RoRi

With all the folks not really fond of the original wheels, does anybody have a pair of original wheels they would like to stop storing? Aka sell me? Stock wheels, stock tires would be great.
I have a set of new take-offs.

dino-mite

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX, Enclave, Verano
Currently in the process of doing plasti dip on the tour X. First time doing plasti dip. I know it’s the cheap way and not the nicest but new rims are currently not in my budget.

First coat is on only at this point. I washed the rims, let them dry, and then went over them again with rubbing alcohol 70% to get rid of any oils or anything like that. Plan on doing 4 coats black plasti dip followed by 3-4 gloss coats. I will update as I get further along

Attachments

dino-mite

Buick Ownership
Final product. Please excuse the filth I just got the windows tinted yesterday guy said to not wash for a couple days. For 50 bucks you can’t really expect better. I’m not a fan of the rim at all but this makes it look a little better at least. I’ll peel it off when I get bored of it.

Attachments

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Final product. Please excuse the filth I just got the windows tinted yesterday guy said to not wash for a couple days. For 50 bucks you can’t really expect better. I’m not a fan of the rim at all but this makes it look a little better at least. I’ll peel it off when I get bored of it.
Weird...I kind of like it in the full side view but the close up looks a bit too much like graphite rather than the dark color I see in side view. Maybe it is just my phone. Anyway the side view color looks like it really compliments the stock plastic trim.

dino-mite

Buick Ownership
Weird...I kind of like it in the full side view but the close up looks a bit too much like graphite rather than the dark color I see in side view. Maybe it is just my phone. Anyway the side view color looks like it really compliments the stock plastic trim.
It’s not completely black even though it’s what I used. In person it’s quite close to the cladding.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Maybe it is just the lighting of the close up pic. But I do like it for the full side view.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Not bad. I plan on getting summer wheels next year and making the stickers winter wheels. Maybe this will be an option then.

dino-mite

Buick Ownership
Not bad. I plan on getting summer wheels next year and making the stickers winter wheels. Maybe this will be an option then.
That is also my plan but I was curious to see what black looked like and if it would be too much with the cladding but I like the look. Definitely going with black rims.

Pedal Commander