• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Has anyone replace their Tourx wheels?

L J

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
So this is a better representation of what it looks like once car is clean and all and the rims had a day to set.
Looks like you did a nice job, when I saw them at first I did not think it was the same wheel. I guess I like the contrast with machined portion. I did not like TourX wheel at first, but I have grown to love the look.
Maybe not as much as the TA's blue wheels.IMG_20190309_065735054.jpg

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
It may also be color dependent...I have the SPM and am wondering if the black wheels would be too monochromatic. But the good thing about this is I can undo it faster than doing it.

dino-mite

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX, Enclave, Verano
I thought about adding the metallic flakes as well but thought it would be too much. I’m glad I didn’t because the glossifier gives it a nice enough shine and the metallic flakes would have been overkill.

This is a decent way to experiment with different combos for cheap for folks wondering what different combos will work with the cladding. I like the blacked out look with the dark tints. My goal is to get a new set of rims next year. I don’t have the budget for it this year but I think I’ll be going with black rims for sure.

6APPEAL

Deep South
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX 1987 Grand National
Having a Dark Moon Blue car is making the choices tough. An all black rim rim just doesn't look quite right. Glossy is terrible, matte is much better. A black wheel with machined accents looks pretty good. Dark tinted, graphite, dark gray looks good, even better with machined accents. An all chrome or polished wheel doesn't look good. And more spokes look better than fewer.

I am amazed at just how many websites have the lug pattern wrong. I've seen 5x112, 5x114.3, but mostly 5x120.

DasWagen

Buick Ownership
2018 Tour x
Having a Dark Moon Blue car is making the choices tough. An all black rim rim just doesn't look quite right. Glossy is terrible, matte is much better. A black wheel with machined accents looks pretty good. Dark tinted, graphite, dark gray looks good, even better with machined accents. An all chrome or polished wheel doesn't look good. And more spokes look better than fewer.

I am amazed at just how many websites have the lug pattern wrong. I've seen 5x112, 5x114.3, but mostly 5x120.
Did you see these a few pages back? Black and machined spokes. Same size wheels so current tires work. Would love to see these mounted on a wagon.

carsrmilife

Brighton, MI
Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Beat me to it Das, just before I hit enter! Almost had a double post haha. That is without regard to offset though FYI.

Tourxkup

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Any idea if 16” wheels fit the tourx?

landsharkmz3

I'm not sure if this option has been mentioned yet in this thread: I did some investigating a while back and found that Dodge Charger/Challenger and Chrysler 300 use our same bolt pattern. Their centerbore is a little larger, so a hub-adapter ring (or whatever it's called) will be necessary. Those cars have some good-looking OEM wheel options, so I'm on the lookout to snag a used set locally. The only caveat is that I think some of their trim-levels have staggered setups (rear wheels wider than front), so check for that when buying.
Have you pursued this further? I like some of the Chrysler/Dodge OEM options. One other thing I noticed was the Dodges use M14x1.5 studs. Have you double checked on size of the mounting holes and confirmed that the lug nuts would fit correctly? (Right type of nut and proper seat)

BrianCoasters

Buick Newbie
Greensboro, NC
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Preferred, Sport Red
Have you pursued this further? I like some of the Chrysler/Dodge OEM options. One other thing I noticed was the Dodges use M14x1.5 studs. Have you double checked on size of the mounting holes and confirmed that the lug nuts would fit correctly? (Right type of nut and proper seat)
I haven't gotten much further except for finding out what you mentioned about the stud size (M14 for Chrysler vs M12 for TourX). I can't imagine the extra 2mm in thread diameter could make enough of a difference to where you can't find compatible lug nuts. Someone more knowledgeable than me about wheels could chime in on that, though. Either way, I'm waiting until my OEM tires run lower on tread before making the jump.

regfootball

1564853621222.png1564853656095.png

I wonder how the very rare 18" dynamic wheel option from the Preferred I sportback would look on the TourX? Much better looking than the other sportback 18" wheel IMO. Its a 245 tire i think. Looks very mean on the sportback, wider stance.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I haven't gotten much further except for finding out what you mentioned about the stud size (M14 for Chrysler vs M12 for TourX). I can't imagine the extra 2mm in thread diameter could make enough of a difference to where you can't find compatible lug nuts. Someone more knowledgeable than me about wheels could chime in on that, though. Either way, I'm waiting until my OEM tires run lower on tread before making the jump.
Watch out, as typical Mopar offset is only 18mm.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Anyone come across nice 18x8 or 18x8.5 wheels, 5x115 Bolt Circle, w/ 40mm-ish offset & 70.1 C.B.
Please post

Pedal Commander