• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Has anyone replace their Tourx wheels?

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
The research I did found 70.2 listed for all Buick Regal versions, but I also did find plenty that listed 70.1 as the correct size for non-GS models. I never found anything that listed the GS as a 70.1 like the other versions. I don't know if that means it's just not as high of volume and maybe it really is 70.1 but nobody cares to double check or update, or if that the non-GS models are actually 70.1 and the GS is 70.2. The 70.3 I ordered fit and they're obviously pretty close even if it was a "full" .2mm off, but I'm having a little issue with vibrations still so I'm willing to try anything, even adding .2mm, to see if it'll work.
These are the centering rings I got with my wheels. I would not get Aluminum 70.1 mm rings as you may have to heat them to fit. These plastic rings were snug,as I had to pry them off and the rim fits snug also, It stays in place without lug nuts. If you track a car Plastic centering ring are not a good idea, but hey, plastic is fine on a Buick.

Attachments

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
The Cluster ----story of my $320/set of 4 Velox Apex 18 x 8 , 40 mm offset Black metallic wheels.

I ordered 4 Velox Apex 18 x 8 , 40 mm offset Black metallic wheels with 5x 110/5x115 B.C.
from Discount Tire over a month ago to mount my Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3 Run Flat 245-50R18 100H Tires that I got on sale for $396.00.
The rims were backordered to be shipped from Velox. What I received about 2 weeks after I ordered the wheels were 3 correct wheels and a single Velox Apex 18 x 8, 40 mm offset Black metallic wheels with 5x 108/5x114.3 B.C. in a relabeled box.
So I returened the wheel to Discount Tire prepaid 7 they order another wheel from Apex. The second wheel I receive was a Velox Apex 18 x 8 , 40 mm offset Silver wheel with 5x 108/5x115 B.C.
Discount tire informs me that Velox has no more Velox Apex 18 x 8 , 40 mm offset Black metallic wheels with 5x 110/5x115 B.C. and they are not scheduled to reorder.
Discount tire said I can ship all the wheels back and get them replaced with 4 VELOX NIRVANA 18 x 8 , 40 mm offset Black metallic wheels with 5x 110/5x115 B.C. 18 x 8 , 40 mm offset Black metallic wheels with 5x 110/5x115 B.C. or keep what I have and they will credit me a another $100. Discount Tire is sending a black matching center cap also.
I decided to keep the Apex wheels and paint the silver wheel to match.
If and when another Apex wheel becomes available I will order it for a spare.
so I figure I get a decent set of winter rubber & rims for $900 or less installed with new lugs & TPS Valve stems.
Still all this is a pain in the butt.
I bought Michelin PSS tires 235/50-18 summer tires also from Discount Tire, 4 for $356, plus they handled this mess with Velox well so I have no bad words for Discount tire.
Sometimes shopping hard pays off.
The current pricing below is way more $$$$
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=Winter+Sottozero+3+Run+Flat&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=45HR8SZ3RFT&tab=Sizes
Velox Apex Wheels | Mesh Painted Passenger Wheels | Vivid Racing

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence

Attachments

Last edited:

Tom D

Buick Ownership
61 Electra 225 Convert, 2015 Enclave, 2018 LaCrosse
Powder coated the factory wheels gloss black, and then added some cheapo buick cap stickers from amazon. I added some vhb tape to help hold them on. We'll see if they stay.20191110_195951.jpg

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
sorry if its been posted, whats the wheel offset? really liking the look, far better than factory.
Velox Apex Wheels | Mesh Painted Passenger Wheels | Vivid Racing
https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Pirelli&tireModel=Winter+Sottozero+3+Run+Flat&sidewall=Blackwall&partnum=45HR8SZ3RFT&tab=Sizes
The run flat snow tires are louder and do not ride as smooth, as well as rolling resistance is a bit more compared to the OEM Conti-Silent tires but the good new is not by much.

Turn in with the performance snows is sharper, and they held the balance during my test to extra legal speeds. I should get an idea how they handle white stuff and/or ice any day now.

Last edited:

Nacho12

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal TourX
Powder coated the factory wheels gloss black, and then added some cheapo buick cap stickers from amazon. I added some vhb tape to help hold them on. We'll see if they stay.View attachment 19449
The Wheels look great! Do you have any pictures of the whole car with the black wheels to get the whole look?

regfootball

Found some donor wheels from a LaCrosse for my snows. These are the same design as the Sportback Essence. I like the original TourX wheels but these LaCrosse / Sportback wheels look better than I expected! Ironically I picked these up from a seller in....LaCrosse WI

Attachments

Last edited:

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
Has anybody priced out powder-coating the wheels they have? Albuquerque has a place that specializes in wheel work, everything from fixing curb rash to powder coating wheels. I've got stuck in my head that the existing design would look pretty good powder coated in a bronze finish against the Roija Red paint.

Though I'm the type of guy to wait until it's time to replace the tires and then get serious about what I want to do about the wheels.

ezpotato

Buick Ownership
Regal TourX
Found some donor wheels from a LaCrosse for my snows. These are the same design as the Sportback Essence. I like the original TourX wheels but these LaCrosse / Sportback wheels look better than I expected! Ironically I picked these up from a seller in....LaCrosse WI
Lacrosse wheels IN lacrosse, Wi? Mind blown.

diamondbuickgmc

Buick Ownership
Buick Regal TourX
That looks damn good. More offset would have been better but I assume no rubbing with this offset.
with a 9.5 and 35, I wonder how his clearance on the inside around the control arms and all is, and especially in the back near the inner edge of the wheelwell.

CTMechE

CT
Buick Ownership
'19 Regal TourX, Essence
So I finally got my winter set on the car last night, after my tire order was delayed.
These are OEM Chevy Equinox wheels, 18" x 7" wide, 43mm offset. They were nearly new take-offs I found on eBay. They do have a machined outer face on the spokes, with a silver powder coat on the rest.

While I personally like the look, I didn't choose them for the aesthetics. Rather, since they happen to be 5x115 18", and are 1" narrower than the TourX wheels, it aided my goal of having narrower winter tires. The rubber here is the Michelin X-Ice Xi3 in 215/55 size, which gives the same overall diameter/circumference as the stock tires, just narrower. I did end up getting TPMS sensors and a re-learning (pairing) tool for under $80 total on Amazon, since I plan to keep these (and the car) for quite a few years (and because GM at least allows me to see the actual pressure vs. a single idiot light in many cars).
And for good measure, since these were pretty much new and super clean, I waxed them (back and front) with NuFinish so the salt and crud won't stick as easily!

20191130_144802.jpg

Pedal Commander