• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Has anyone replace their Tourx wheels?

RyeLou

Detroit, MI
Buick Ownership
'18 Regal GS

Tdwpgtp

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Considering these for my wife's white Tourx in 18"

No idea of quality, though. They are cheap, so I'm sure they are either heavy or weak.

focal wheels.jpg

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Did the 70.1 fit? When I looked up my GS info I thought I found it was listed as 70.2, and I couldn’t find those so I went 70.3. I did just order a 70.1 to see if those will work. They’ll be here Friday so we’ll give it a shot this weekend.
Looks like I will have to check if the centering rings fit before the appointment for tire install on Oct 9.
1572534536146.png

RyeLou

Detroit, MI
Buick Ownership
'18 Regal GS
Looks like I will have to check if the centering rings fit before the appointment for tire install on Oct 9.
View attachment 19216
The research I did found 70.2 listed for all Buick Regal versions, but I also did find plenty that listed 70.1 as the correct size for non-GS models. I never found anything that listed the GS as a 70.1 like the other versions. I don't know if that means it's just not as high of volume and maybe it really is 70.1 but nobody cares to double check or update, or if that the non-GS models are actually 70.1 and the GS is 70.2. The 70.3 I ordered fit and they're obviously pretty close even if it was a "full" .2mm off, but I'm having a little issue with vibrations still so I'm willing to try anything, even adding .2mm, to see if it'll work.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
The research I did found 70.2 listed for all Buick Regal versions, but I also did find plenty that listed 70.1 as the correct size for non-GS models. I never found anything that listed the GS as a 70.1 like the other versions. I don't know if that means it's just not as high of volume and maybe it really is 70.1 but nobody cares to double check or update, or if that the non-GS models are actually 70.1 and the GS is 70.2. The 70.3 I ordered fit and they're obviously pretty close even if it was a "full" .2mm off, but I'm having a little issue with vibrations still so I'm willing to try anything, even adding .2mm, to see if it'll work.
If you are careful installing the wheel you won't have vibration even if they are not hub centric. I run a set of snows on my wife's truck that have an oversized bore and there are no vibration issues. So I would guess you either need to slowly bring the wheel in or have the balance checked

Tdwpgtp

Buick Ownership
Tourx
I bought 4 sensors and the activation tool for about $80. TPMS is now mainstream some very competitive prices out there.
So to be clear, the TPMS sensors you bought work with the Buick? Are you able to swap between wheel sets? If so, do you simply have to relearn each wheel when you switch? Does the tool you bought work for the OEM sensors as well?

landsharkmz3

So to be clear, the TPMS sensors you bought work with the Buick? Are you able to swap between wheel sets? If so, do you simply have to relearn each wheel when you switch? Does the tool you bought work for the OEM sensors as well?
I bought this tool...
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B076KL82JP/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

...and these sensors.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014VZGP9E/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The sensors are Schrader marked Made in USA, and appear to be original.

I just installed them and put the winter wheels on last night and reprogrammed. Worked perfectly on the first try. Pretty good for under $80.

Tdwpgtp

Buick Ownership
Tourx
Holy crap, $17 for the tool! This stuff has really come down in price.

My only remaining question is if you are able to reprogram the original sensors with that tool, or if it will have to go to the dealer

Edit: I see now that the amazon page claims it works for the GM sensors

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
I'll find out When I bring my wheels to be mounted. This is first time I put TPS in winter rims. My custom rims take 20 Deg TPS angle sensors, not 40 Deg. They were $69 for the stel. I'll look into buying the cal. tool also.

Tom D

Buick Ownership
61 Electra 225 Convert, 2015 Enclave, 2018 LaCrosse
Wife asked how much will it cost to replace her ugly wheels. We're thinking of going a little old school.

Looks great. I was thinking the same, but since I have a black car, thinking a black version of the cragar ss look.

For now I'm thinking lower budget and I think I'm going to powder coat the wheels black...then buy 20's in 3 years or so.

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Maybe these?
https://www.discounttiredirect.com/buy-wheels/velox-nirvana/p/20410

I was told these are available at Velox warehouse, but the APEX style are not.
https://www.discounttiredirect.com/fitmentresult/wheels

1572567759324.png
They are really a dark grey metallic, not Black.
1572568001475.png
What does wheel load rating mean?

Last edited:

Idano

Buick Ownership
Preferred Red Needle TourX
Wheel load rating is lawyerese for, if you mount these wheels on a vehicle with a higher axle weight rating and it breaks, You're gonna get sued buddy !

Tdwpgtp

Buick Ownership
Tourx
I'll find out When I bring my wheels to be mounted. This is first time I put TPS in winter rims. My custom rims take 20 Deg TPS angle sensors, not 40 Deg. They were $69 for the stel. I'll look into buying the cal. tool also.
I had no idea there were different required angles. Where do you find out what sensors a wheel takes?

Idano

Buick Ownership
Preferred Red Needle TourX
Looks great. I was thinking the same, but since I have a black car, thinking a black version of the cragar ss look.

For now I'm thinking lower budget and I think I'm going to powder coat the wheels black...then buy 20's in 3 years or so.
Yeah, I wouldn't think chrome would be to my taste on black either. I love the look of a black car with black chrome accents. I'll just never buy one living with 100+ temps and then you've got to wash them about every day ? I don't like the look that much !

Pedal Commander