• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Has anyone replace their Tourx wheels?

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
So I finally got my winter set on the car last night, after my tire order was delayed.
These are OEM Chevy Equinox wheels, 18" x 7" wide, 43mm offset. They were nearly new take-offs I found on eBay. They do have a machined outer face on the spokes, with a silver powder coat on the rest.

While I personally like the look, I didn't choose them for the aesthetics. Rather, since they happen to be 5x115 18", and are 1" narrower than the TourX wheels, it aided my goal of having narrower winter tires. The rubber here is the Michelin X-Ice Xi3 in 215/55 size, which gives the same overall diameter/circumference as the stock tires, just narrower. I did end up getting TPMS sensors and a re-learning (pairing) tool for under $80 total on Amazon, since I plan to keep these (and the car) for quite a few years (and because GM at least allows me to see the actual pressure vs. a single idiot light in many cars).
And for good measure, since these were pretty much new and super clean, I waxed them (back and front) with NuFinish so the salt and crud won't stick as easily!

View attachment 19803
Personally I love the look other than being narrower. (Which I fully understand fits your intentions)

clrader

Buick Ownership
2018 Buick Regal Tourx
Does anyone know the Hub Diameter on the 2019 Tour X? I think I need a Hub Centric Ring for my aftermarket wheels to get rid of this vibration. Thanks

mike69440

Buick Ownership
2018 TourX Essence
Does anyone know the Hub Diameter on the 2019 Tour X? I think I need a Hub Centric Ring for my aftermarket wheels to get rid of this vibration. Thanks
Post #285.

CTMechE

CT
Buick Ownership
'19 Regal TourX, Essence
Agreed, not a fan of the narrow look, but I think the silver wheels look much better than the terrible 2-tone stock wheels.
I do agree that the car (as do most cars) looks better with wider wheels & tires, though I've noticed that due to the low ride height and length of the TourX, I can barely see the width of the tires as it is. Only when I park with the wheels turned out, which isn't often.

It is a bummer that there aren't more OEM wheel designs that fit the car to choose from. I liked a lot of the previous gen Cadillac wheels, but most were 5x120 and I don't want to bother with spacers/adapters. There just weren't all that many aftermarket wheels I liked, and the few that I did were quite a bit more money than these OEM Chevy wheels.

If nothing else, it's a nice change of pace. We'll see how I feel when I go back to the stock wheels & tires come April.

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I do agree that the car (as do most cars) looks better with wider wheels & tires, though I've noticed that due to the low ride height and length of the TourX, I can barely see the width of the tires as it is. Only when I park with the wheels turned out, which isn't often.

It is a bummer that there aren't more OEM wheel designs that fit the car to choose from. I liked a lot of the previous gen Cadillac wheels, but most were 5x120 and I don't want to bother with spacers/adapters. There just weren't all that many aftermarket wheels I liked, and the few that I did were quite a bit more money than these OEM Chevy wheels.

If nothing else, it's a nice change of pace. We'll see how I feel when I go back to the stock wheels & tires come April.
I know the Sportback has a couple of different wheels. Considerations for fitting Sportback wheels on a TourX?

CTMechE

CT
Buick Ownership
'19 Regal TourX, Essence
I know the Sportback has a couple of different wheels. Considerations for fitting Sportback wheels on a TourX?
I don't personally care for the look of any of the conventional Sportback wheels, and the base version is 17" which I didn't want to do considering there's plenty of sidewall already. Had I found a good price on Sportback wheels, I probably would have snagged them, but I didn't even find a used set on eBay or elsewhere. Doesn't seem like many people who buy the base/mid level care too much about swapping out wheels.

I do love the 19" GS and the Avenir wheels, though. I did look for some, but even on the used market they were $$$ and hard to find a full set. And new was just more than I wanted to spend.

The other issue is that if I were to get 19" GS/Avenir wheels, I'd want them to be my 3-season set. Since I also want winter tires for winter driving, that would mean buying 2 new sets of tires and scrapping my stock ones with only 3700 miles on 'em to make room for the winter set. I suppose someone might buy them, but overall the idea of getting 19"s and 8 tires was a bit more than I wanted to go in for.

landsharkmz3

I don't personally care for the look of any of the conventional Sportback wheels, and the base version is 17" which I didn't want to do considering there's plenty of sidewall already. Had I found a good price on Sportback wheels, I probably would have snagged them, but I didn't even find a used set on eBay or elsewhere. Doesn't seem like many people who buy the base/mid level care too much about swapping out wheels.

I do love the 19" GS and the Avenir wheels, though. I did look for some, but even on the used market they were $$$ and hard to find a full set. And new was just more than I wanted to spend.

The other issue is that if I were to get 19" GS/Avenir wheels, I'd want them to be my 3-season set. Since I also want winter tires for winter driving, that would mean buying 2 new sets of tires and scrapping my stock ones with only 3700 miles on 'em to make room for the winter set. I suppose someone might buy them, but overall the idea of getting 19"s and 8 tires was a bit more than I wanted to go in for.
I was in the exact same boat (but looking at OE 20"s as well). I just couldn't justify the more spending and complication. I finally gave in and bought some 18" wheels and will just use them for winter.

Winter_wheel.jpg

PrincipalDan

Gallup, NM
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I was in the exact same boat (but looking at OE 20"s as well). I just couldn't justify the more spending and complication. I finally gave in and bought some 18" wheels and will just use them for winter.

View attachment 19809
Nice looking wheels.

I know I'm an odd duck but I keep thinking the TourX would look good with something that could only be custom built.

Black steelies, Baby Moon hubcaps, and trim rings. It would give a little "surf wagon" vibe without the woodgrain paneling.

Idano

Buick Ownership
Preferred Red Needle TourX
Nice looking wheels.

I know I'm an odd duck but I keep thinking the TourX would look good with something that could only be custom built.

Black steelies, Baby Moon hubcaps, and trim rings. It would give a little "surf wagon" vibe without the woodgrain paneling.
Old school.

Idano

Buick Ownership
Preferred Red Needle TourX
Yeah and no way on earth that's available in an 18 in diameter with bolt pattern and backspacing for our cars.

But it's a nice wheel. It would also look good on a whale sized vintage American land yacht
You did say "custom built". It would definitely be "different", you'd be the only one of the hundreds that will put aftermarket wheels on a TourX. You'd be a club of ONE!!

6APPEAL

Deep South
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX 1987 Grand National
Detriot Steel Wheel
US Wheel
Take your pick. Detroit Steel Wheel does custom bolt pattern and offset. Not sure about hub bore, but you can call. Lots of choices for trim rings and centers also. US Wheel looks to do custom colors, but off the shelf bolt pattern, offset and hub bore.

Pedal Commander