• This section is for help and assistance with 2018 and NEWER Buick Regals. If you need assistance with a 2011-2017 Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. If you need assistance with a 2010 or older Buick Regal, CLICK HERE. This notice may be dismissed by clicking the X in the right corner.

Sd navigation card.

Chef jpd

SUPPORTING MEMBER
NYC
Buick Ownership
2020 Regal TourX essence
Mine was delivered in the Unlocked position.
The factory card in the car is in the same position.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
Mine was delivered in the Unlocked position.
The factory card in the car is in the same position.

like I said..shot in the dark. I’m coming from the same SD version you had to the new one and it’s working flawlessly for several days now and I drive the car daily. Maybe the place you bought it from (if it’s not Navdisc) will take it back or replace it.

visitor

rioja rider
CNY
Buick Ownership
'18 TourX Preferred white needle
Just tried to install the 0236 on my 2020

No Go, screen tells me it is incompatible with my hardware. Several boot attempt including battery disconnect.
Oh well......

Anyone want it? Freebie, Ill just drop it in an envelope.
Which source did you order the new card from?

I started a conversation with you about mailing it once you're sure you can't use it. I'll compare it to the one i ordered...

jjbosco

Detroit Metro
Buick Ownership
2018.5 TourX Essence +all
Which source did you order the new card from?

I started a conversation with you about mailing it once you're sure you can't use it. I'll compare it to the one i ordered...
I know you were originally trying to image, hopefully you did not insert into a Windows machine with it unlocked...
Curious of the full infotainment version for all three of you. (Chef jpd, Saab93driver and yourself)???
Oops meant to reply to "visitor"...

Last edited:

visitor

rioja rider
CNY
Buick Ownership
Curious of the full infotainment version for all three of you. (Chef jpd, Saab93driver and yourself)???
infotainment version 22.11

Last edited:

visitor

rioja rider
CNY
Buick Ownership
I shall try to use Disk Utility on my Mac once the SD card is delivered to see if I can clone an ISO image.

my old one in an SD reader show it to be 15 GB
Are the new 86810236's you two are getting on 32 GB SD cards?

Both our previous working cards were 15 GB, but this "new" one from NaviUpgrade has the data written to a 32 GB card. Given that + Chefjpd's problems i'm beginning to suspect that these are not "OEM and new" at all, but copies created with Windows (my "new" card shows MSWIN4.1 formatted) which, as discussed earlier, might be missing verification data or proper original formatting.
I expect the true OEM cards would be formatted under some Android platform.
One used card i was messing with, that had already been VIN-locked to another car, looks to have been "ëX android" formatted.
🤔

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence

Both our previous working cards were 15 GB, but this "new" one from NaviUpgrade has the data written to a 32 GB card. Given that + Chefjpd's problems i'm beginning to suspect that these are not "OEM and new" at all, but copies created with Windows (my "new" card shows MSWIN4.1 formatted) which, as discussed earlier, might be missing verification data or proper original formatting.
I expect the true OEM cards would be formatted under some Android platform.
One used card i was messing with, that had already been VIN-locked to another car, looks to have been "ëX android" formatted.
🤔
Have not received mine yet. Will have to see.
Bought it from eBay: GMC Chevrolet Cadillac Buick 2019 2020 2021 GPS Navigation SD Card Map 86810236 | eBay
Seller has 100% positive but very little feedback. So, rolling the dice here. (Historically speaking, eBay had been good at refunding my money from bad sellers)

visitor

rioja rider
CNY
Buick Ownership
84530371, 16 GB card, bought new & working
format.png

84739527, 16 GB card, bought used for testing & VIN-locked to some previous vehicle
format.png

86810236, 32 GB card, bought @ NaviUpgrade - not yet installed/tested on vehicle
format.png

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

jjbosco

Detroit Metro
Buick Ownership
2018.5 TourX Essence +all
84530371, 16 GB card, bought new & working
View attachment 41328

84739527, 16 GB card, bought used for testing & VIN-locked to some previous vehicle
View attachment 41329

86810236, 32 GB card, bought @ NaviUpgrade - not yet installed/tested on vehicle
View attachment 41330
This is Great!!!
Surprised that Nav folks didn't use correct format, but if data would have fit on 16gb than they just used what was available (both software/hardware).
I have many flavors of OS and format tools, so will try to find a match...

danzig997

47°40′10″N 122°7′26″W
Buick Ownership
TourX Essence with Opel Insignia DNA.

agaric

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2017 Regal GS AWD Crimson Red Tint Coat
This is the page for 18 Regals from the official GM map update page.
It shows the 2 different systems and says that they are incompatible if you get the wrong one.
The 19 and 20 Regal pages say that "the latest map is already installed".
Maybe those models use OTA updates.
It seems to be saying that there is not an authorized, genuine, update media for those model years.

agaric

Sustaining Member
Buick Ownership
2017 Regal GS AWD Crimson Red Tint Coat
How we can find out that this card updated maps to the 2022 database?
I browsed the usb stick that my car uses when the install was done and the file structure and time/date stamps were not hidden.
Not the same situation since the sd card must stay inserted but maybe some helpful info.

visitor

rioja rider
CNY
Buick Ownership
Surprised that Nav folks didn't use correct format, but if data would have fit on 16gb than they just used what was available (both software/hardware).
I have many flavors of OS and format tools, so will try to find a match...
Well, that's just to format the card to FAT32, really, which is the correct "format." For all i know the newer 86810236 cards from gmnavdisc.navigation might have the same data from whoever creates the cards, but if those ones are different and NaviUpgrade is just cloning the data using a Windows OS, that might explain why Chefjpd's isn't working and we may be in the same boat.
The other problem might be that if anyone tries to return the cards to NaviUpgrade, they may ask for verification of correct application which, technically, we don't have with our Regals.
Anyways, Chefjpd is sending me the card he got and i'll compare it to mine and go from there, although i expect they'll be exact matches.

I'm still curious if the 86810236 cards from gmnavdisc.navigation are 32GB or 16GB... :unsure:

D2R

Michigan
Buick Ownership
2019 Regal TourX Essence
How we can find out that this card updated maps to the 2022 database?
Once I got mine, it would be easy to tell.
The interchange for/from Interstate 75 around the area added quite a few diverging diamond this year. People have no idea how to drive through these suckers at all.

visitor

rioja rider
CNY
Buick Ownership
DEN1MY19NA\TelenavMapData\manifest.json:
"GM product name":"MY19(MY18) High w/out ADAS",
"GM part number":"84530371",
"Region":"NA", "Jira":"DEN-35358",
"Build":"TN T136.3",
"Transaction tag":"DEN1-NA38-371-T1363",
"SD card size":"16GB"

DEN1MY23NA\TelenavMapData\manifest.json:
"GM product name":"MY22/23 high w/o ADAS",
"Program":"Info 3.6",
"GM part number":"86810236",
"Region":"NA",
"Jira":"DEN-57747",
"Build":"146.2",
"Transaction tag":"DEN1-NA38-411-1D02",
"SD card size":"32GB"

...leads me to think the 32 GB card size is legit.