• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Service Suspension System Light

sjr

Buick Ownership
Buick
After my last dealer visit for problems related to the suspension system as a result of the "Service Suspension System" indicator coming on intermittently on the DIC, I went in to have the right front strut replaced and wandered into the service bay to have a look. First GS service on the HiPerStrut for the tech. Great tech...worked on my cars in the the past, including the G8 GXP. We decided to pull the wheel to get a plan of action. Well, what a surprise! There is a cable bundle that feeds the connection to the sensors, etc for the suspension. Looks like the bundle had too much slack and came in contact with the HVAC rotating clutch and nicked the outer cable wrap and the sleeve of one of the conductors to bare cable. That would explain that! Fortunately the cable sleeve was only nicked and not cut otherwise we would be looking at a bigger problem. The fix was liquid electrical tape and then wrapped with electrical tape and 2 new tie downs to reduce the cable slack. "Service Suspension System" hasn't come on since and yes, the strut was sent back to GM. If your getting the indicator light, it would be worth a service visit to have a tech look behind the wheel and wheel well cover for the same issue. Hope this helps...

Exactly this ^^^ happened to my car last month. service suspension system came on again today for the first time since the repair, and I'll b taking the car to the dealer on Monday.

sjr

Buick Ownership
Buick
Flash loader is the Software you will need on your computer, ez flash. Also look into IPF tunes

qwk93ta

Buick Ownership
Buick
Mine came on again yesterday...I guess I'll make another trip to the dealership.

guseynovilgar

Buick Newbie
Azerbaijan
Buick Ownership
Buick LaCrosse CXS 2010 3.6L
Have the problem buick lacrosse 2010, service suspension system, dealer cant find what is the problem is. Diagnostic showed C0580 error, what is this? Please help if you can...

guseynovilgar

Buick Newbie
Azerbaijan
Buick Ownership
Buick LaCrosse CXS 2010 3.6L
Have the problem buick lacrosse 2010, service suspension system, dealer cant find what is the problem is. Diagnostic showed C0580 error, what is this? Please help if you can...
At the dealer they changed only front right connector (part number of new one is 13356790 the old one was 13238634) the old one had open circuit that caused error. After replacing service suspension system error had gone but all the struts when you drive became very uncomfortable, like driving a sport car. Can not understand what to do else in order to solve the problem, if somebody knows please wright here.

TTurner

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I have a 2011 Lacrosse CXS and have had the car in to the dealership several times for this very same issue. I ended up forking out $600 to have a some sensor connector "repinned" due to corrosion only to have the light come back on again. Next trip to the dealership had the service guys wiping out the programming and reprogramming the entire system. Several days later the light is back on and I'll be making another trip to the dealership tonight. What completely blows my mind is that Buick is obviously aware of this issue since it's showing up on the Lacrosse, Verano and Regal models and yet they're not doing anything about it. Here's a thought, hey Buick...how about helping out your loyal customers by providing a solution to this problem since the mechanics in each dealership are still struggling to find out what's causing the problem. Seriously annoyed!

fiveforfighting

Tampa, Florida
Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS 6 spd Quicksilver
Mine came on again last week. Rushed to get it to the closest GM dealer so service could scan it since it doesn't store a code and if I shUT the car off it disappears. I get to Ed Morse Cadillac in Tampa and they tell me it would be over an hour before one of their techs could look at. Mind you I have to keep my car running that whole time. I said there's no way I'm waiting that long with my car running just wasting gas so someone can just scan it, so I left. My service manager at my Buick was the one who said not to turn off the car when it comes on and bring it by asap. I've had mine come on 6-7 times under various driving conditions. My steering and suspension still feels like it's constantly in gs mode. The 'normal ' mode ride quality feels like I'm riding on cut springs sometimes, not what you'd expect from an almost $40K car, my slammed Audi A3 and VW GTI rode smoother.

fiveforfighting

Tampa, Florida
Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS 6 spd Quicksilver
20160514_192238.jpg
This popped AGAIN today and I tried calling Onstar. F'ing useless! Diagnostic showed nothing and of course local service was closed. I feel I'm never going to get this resolved and in the meantime my car rides like shit, like a civic with cut springs. It never shows up when it's convenient.

jwmuscat

lexington, ky
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS, 6spd manual. white diamond
Mine just came on, and of course I call the dealer and they can't get me in...even just to read the damn code and make sure it's not serious. But of course I can drop it off with them all day tomorrow but they don't have a loaner for me :confused:

jwmuscat

lexington, ky
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS, 6spd manual. white diamond
Update: I went in anyways and told them I'd just read the code my self. Then all the sudden the dealer found time. The tech said the code had to do with the mass air flow sensor it was dislodged. So he put it in properly and cleared code. When I inquired to how the MAF had anything to do with the suspension system I was told "these cars are complicated" ...anybody have any clue about the MAF being able to trigger the service suspension warning? I'm not buying it

dbruce

Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
Update: I went in anyways and told them I'd just read the code my self. Then all the sudden the dealer found time. The tech said the code had to do with the mass air flow sensor it was dislodged. So he put it in properly and cleared code. When I inquired to how the MAF had anything to do with the suspension system I was told "these cars are complicated" ...anybody have any clue about the MAF being able to trigger the service suspension warning? I'm not buying it
Get ready for your next dealer visit.

Charlie Echo

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
I am presently experiencing the same problem with my 2013. Car is presently in shop. They can't find anything even after replacing the module------except the info keeps coming back with no codes. Has anyone find a reason for this---except to "live with it"?

GTP>GS

Buick Ownership
Buick Regal GS 2012
I had the same message on my 2012 GS 3 years ago. Discussed earlier in this thread. Check here for a possible fix.

slove1961

Buick Ownership
Timothy & Shirley Love 2013 Buick Regal GS
Nicewhip, please let me know how it goes at the dealership. If you are still experiencing this concern after your dealership visit tomorrow, be sure to send me a private message. I want to make sure this gets taken care of.

Thanks,
Laura
GM Customer Service
Good afternoon this just came in my car Buick Regal. Please contact me at sjewatwood@yahoo.com 661 524 4584

Pops2010

Buick Ownership
LaCrosse
I hate to bring up an old thread. But today when pulling out my lacrosse to detail it, this came on. The car has been sitting for nearly a month now (doesn’t get driven in the winter). I drove it around the block a few times and all seemed fine.

It’s a 2010 CXS with 23,100 miles on it. If it doesn’t ice rain later, I’ll take it for a drive. But I tried clicking on the sandy blog link and it doesn’t work.

Any ideas?