Buick: World Class Luxury
Staff member
Royal Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Buick Ownership
None right now

Turbogirl

Buick Ownership
Buick
Yes I hope it will be ok now. Its been fine for a week. I was just really pissed because you dont expect a 35 k car to have an issue this early. Otherwise the car kicks ass - took out a mazdaspeed 6 last night.

roxyred66

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
having the same message. Glad I saw these posts so when I take it in I won't be surprised when they tell me they can't find anything.:bsflag:

j_siegel

Buick Ownership
Buick
I've had the issue too - three times in a row last night. Turning it off and on cleared it for a few minutes each time.

His invoice says they replaced the front accelerometer (12841592)

Last edited:

snewbyt07

Indiana
Buick Ownership
2011 Regal Turbo T07 traded 10/12. 1964 Buick Riviera, 2012 Buick Regal GS
Mine has had this happen twice, and I can assure you that Buick doesnt care or have a fix. My car has been in a total of 10 times for front suspension rattle and radio volume fluctuation. My car is still defective and headed for lemon law and GM wont even return my call. My last Buick !

Last edited:

goobee

Sunny California
Buick Ownership
2011 Opel Insignia CXL T07
They say that their aren't any codes, so they have nothing to replace.
No codes here either. I did take a picture of the error message with my phone and showed it to them. They replaced the part and it's been gold since.

Would it help if I sent you the picture to show to your dealer?

Sparty21

Buick Newbie
Michigan
Buick Ownership
11 Lacrosse CXS Touring
I just googled service suspension buick and saw this thread come up. I have the light in my 2011 LaCrosse CXS. I glanced through the owners manual and didn't see an explaination in the book. I guess I'll have to look again or call the dealer. I have only had the car a month but on ocassion in parking lots turning the wheel sharply I'll hear some weird noises. I hope the thing isn't about to fall apart.

DonRican

Buick Ownership
2012 GS
I just had the "Service Suspension System" message on my 2012 GS. I guess they haven't fixed it yet.

Last edited:

mlap1088

CT
Buick Ownership
Buick
I had this issue but it was MY FAULT. I admit it haha...it happened because i was attempting to use obd2 data logger type things and such. the computer WONT store the code for this so the secret is to get the car to the dealer while the light IS STILL ON!!! if any type of code reader or obd2 device is plugged into the vehicle while its running this light will go on and then go off after a restart. its the cars defense due to a communication error that the obd devices cause.

my dealer also solved my front end clunk noise too. this was a symptom of having a low power steering fluid level. They found a hose was leaking slightly and they fixed it friday and so far its still good. no noise no clunk and much better steering feel.

RegalTurbo

Canada
Buick Ownership
BuickRegalTurbo
I had this issue but it was MY FAULT. I admit it haha...it happened because i was attempting to use obd2 data logger type things and such. the computer WONT store the code for this so the secret is to get the car to the dealer while the light IS STILL ON!!! if any type of code reader or obd2 device is plugged into the vehicle while its running this light will go on and then go off after a restart. its the cars defense due to a communication error that the obd devices cause.

my dealer also solved my front end clunk noise too. this was a symptom of having a low power steering fluid level. They found a hose was leaking slightly and they fixed it friday and so far its still good. no noise no clunk and much better steering feel.

when you say front end clunking noise, are you referring to the suspension noise caused by the right front Strut? And when you say much better sterring feel, how so exactly? Thanks.

DonRican

Buick Ownership
2012 GS
I tried the onstar diagnostics but had the same 'no code' as others here had. I suspect the dealer will also fine no code. Maybe you can find how to diagnose this issue if there is no code? I hate to go and them tell me they can't do anything without a code.

DonRican

Buick Ownership
2012 GS
Well the code went away after a few days. I was told by r0under1982 that it may be the suspension checking itself until the believes the system is normal. I hope so since I'll be going from The north east to Florida in a few weeks. I'd hate to lose the suspension feature on the way down. When the I get the message it feels like GS mode without the computer compensating for road conditions.

r0under1982

Pittsburgh, PA
Buick Ownership
2012 Regal GS
IF our GS's use the same suspension control module as the ZL1 camaro, or something very similiar your dealer may not have the most up to date software. I recently had a ZL1 have a service suspension issue caused by the 2 rear sensors being damaged during transport. When my master tech replaced the sensors a relearn procedure was needed to complete the process. Then codes needed to be cleared. He could not communicate with the suspension module due to not having the software. The modules in the vehicle were talking to each other, but would not talk to the scan tool. My tech, besides being an excellent technician, is generally really smart, he ended up calling technical assistance, spoke with one of the software engineers and one of the mechanical engineers in order to get everything figured out. I really dont remember how he determined that the modules were talking to each other, but not the tool. tech assistance thought he had a bad module. After getting the most up to date software it took him about 20 minutes to finish everthing.
I had a service traction light for about 45 seconds the other day. As of right now im not even concerned with it because your vehicles modules and computers i like to compare to your internet browser, sometimes it wont respond and just closes. Why? we have no idea. Sometimes the computers and modules just have a hiccup. I dont think this service suspension light falls into that category due to the volume we have. I do know that the ZL1 camaro has suspension issues shortly before release. Im sure everyone is aware that our suspensions and the ZL1 suspensions are based on the Cadillac Magnaride. I am going to talk to my tech tomorrow and see if he thinks they share a similiar or the same system.
I hope maybe this sheds some light on what might be going on.

Your email address will not be publicly visible. We will only use it to contact you to confirm your post.