• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Service Suspension System Light

LouB2B

Mentor, OH
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
My "Service Suspension System" light has come on 4 times. The first 3 I turned off the GS and back on and the warning cleared. 4th time, yesterday, while on the highway and called onstar. The advisor couldn't get a code when she checked. We both decided to move it to a higher level diagnostic tech. After checking, he said that there was a code and it had to do with the Interactive Drive Control and the front right shock not adjusting properly. Had the tech send the code to my dealer service advisor and scheduled an appointment today. I'll let you know what they find...

stevie123

Buick Ownership
Buick
Just wanted to add a data point. 2012 Regal Turbo II automatic trans.

I got the service Stability Control System light/display when the car was only 2-3000 miles new. It came on as I started the car, but it drove normally. It disappeared when I restarted the car later that day. I am now over 14000 miles and it never once came back on again.

Detroit, USA
stevie123,
Glad that your Stability Control System light has resolved itself. Hope you're thoroughly enjoying your 2012 (congratulations, by the way!) and we'll see you around the forum.
Best,
Sarah (Assisting Tricia)
Buick Customer Service

LouB2B

Mentor, OH
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
After my last dealer visit for problems related to the suspension system as a result of the "Service Suspension System" indicator coming on intermittently on the DIC, I went in to have the right front strut replaced and wandered into the service bay to have a look. First GS service on the HiPerStrut for the tech. Great tech...worked on my cars in the the past, including the G8 GXP. We decided to pull the wheel to get a plan of action. Well, what a surprise! There is a cable bundle that feeds the connection to the sensors, etc for the suspension. Looks like the bundle had too much slack and came in contact with the HVAC rotating clutch and nicked the outer cable wrap and the sleeve of one of the conductors to bare cable. That would explain that! Fortunately the cable sleeve was only nicked and not cut otherwise we would be looking at a bigger problem. The fix was liquid electrical tape and then wrapped with electrical tape and 2 new tie downs to reduce the cable slack. "Service Suspension System" hasn't come on since and yes, the strut was sent back to GM. If your getting the indicator light, it would be worth a service visit to have a tech look behind the wheel and wheel well cover for the same issue. Hope this helps...

x10003q

Buick Ownership
2019 GS
I had service suspension come on yesterday. I turned the car off and on and it cleared. 3800 miles on the T07.

finfan1354

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
I too have had the service suspension light come on 3 times, but only for a brief period and will go off on it's own. I have a 2012 Regal GS w/20" and 4200 miles. Light has not appeared in the last 2-3 weeks. Just wanted to add to the forum as there may be an issue?

Detroit, USA
I can look into this for you as well finfan1354. Contact me privately with the last eight of your VIN. Thank you in advance.

Tricia, Buick Customer Service.

pstambau

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Had the same issue. Dealer found the issue after the light went out. It was the suspension accelerometer. They ordered the incorrect part first time. Second time it took care of the issue.

finfan1354

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
2012 Buick Regal GS
I too have had the service suspension light come on 3 times, but only for a brief period and will go off on it's own. I have a 2012 Regal GS w/20" and 4200 miles. Light has not appeared in the last 2-3 weeks. Just wanted to add to the forum as there may be an issue?
Upon further investigation, I found the wiring harness located on the front passenger engine compartment fender well that the harness had come unfastened (black pastic push in clip, one ear broken & missing) and the harness was into the pulleys and serpentine belt. It had completely cut through 1 wire and nicked 2 others. I was able to unplug the harness from underneath the vehichle, pull up into the engine compartment and make temoprary repairs until I can get into the dealer. This is kind of a bad location for this particular harness to be routed. All seems to be working fine now, no warnings in the last week!

imacop@hotmail.com

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Has anyone seen an indicator on the DIC that says "Service Suspension System" with a little wrench? I have had this a total of two times, both when the car started and it went away when I flipped the switch thingy on the blinker stalk.

I'm bringing it to the dealer Monday but I thought maybe I wasn't the only one?
I have a 2012 Regal, 6000 miles doing same thing, will clear but returns when you turn off the motor and start again.. Dealer advised me to bring to shop next week, said not an emergency, but did not know what is causing it.. Engine also has a winding sound noise, they don' know what this is, started about 4,000 miles or sooner..

Sweet35th

Buick Newbie
Buick Ownership
Buick
Well ThIs Has Happened To My Car Twice Now. First Time At 1800 Miles Where They Replaced A Shock Amd Harness, And Now At 3300 Miles It Has COme On Again. At This Rate The Car Will Have Spent MoretimeTime atAt buickBuick Than It HaS In My Garage.

gschroeder

Buick Ownership
Buick
I have a 2010 Lacrosse CXS, and the service suspension light has come on twice in the past week. I called the dealer to make an appointment, and they told me they can't fix it unless the light is on when I bring it in. I'm sure this is standard answer the service person is supposed to say, but it seems very inappropriate to me, especially from a Buick dealer. With all due respect, I would expect that kind of answer from a Kia dealer. I'm sure it may be more difficult for a technican to diagnose the problem without the service suspension light on, but based on the quantity of posts I'm seeing on this problem, I doubt I'm the first person to bring my Lacrosse into this dealer with this problem. For any GM Customer Service representative(s) that read this, please mark me down as disappointed with Buick for telling me they can't fix a problem unless the service suspension light is on, even though the car is still under warranty. What will make me even more disappointed is if the service suspension light doesn't come on again until after the car is out of warranty.

IndyW

Buick Newbie
Chicago area
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal (2) & Envlave (2)
I have a 2012 GS, same problem. Heading to the dealer to watch them scratch their heads again. The claimed Buick Engineering was involved last time so I see this heading for a real conflict. I cannot keep a new car with this defect. You can feel the car react when the error comes up so I feel it is a safety problem too.

Laura, I already sent you a private message so you can reach me directly.

JamesHetzel

Buick Newbie
So. California
Buick Ownership
2014 La Crosse
Just had my 2014 La Crosse check suspension system light come on last night (3,400 miles). OnStar couldn't find a code. Had 40 pound scuba tank in trunk, so I'll see if it happens again. Don't normally carry around scuba tank.:) Don't think 40 pounds would matter, but we'll see.

Rogey89

Toronto,ON
Buick Ownership
Buick Regal GS '13
Members,

I had this issue on my 2013 Regal GS in February after 10,200KM. Service suspension system with the wrench on the DIC. When I OBD'd the car it picked up a DTC read of C0575.04. After a code clear and key cycle, the exact code came back - along with the service message. Not impressed.

The DTC indicates Left Front Shock Actuator Open. I was still able to switch between SADS controlled comfort, sport, and GS mode. This isolated the Left Front Shock with an indication of low or no voltage to the actuator pintle.

Getting into the voltage sensors and actuator's - The suspension control module showed actuator command values of:

LF: -4
RF: 108
LR: 110
RR: 93

Essentially, the value of -4 is equivalent to 0 mA. Now it is obvious that we had an issue with the LHF Strut - suspension system.

In the OBD tool - I commanded the LHF to 1 mA - and there was no change. No value - no communication.

Root cause:
Low tongue at suspension module
Corrosion @ Front Shock Harness (SADS - Semi-Active Dampening Suspension)
Defective Strut

When the service suspension wrench came up - The GS was riding like a Chuck-Wagon. Every little differentiation in the terrain was felt in my spine...

I took it to my dealer (with my findings) and asked them to be real careful with my mistress; and to let me know what it is.

They ordered a LHF Strut assembly, and changed it out next day.

Problem Eliminated.

currently 20,388KM - Not a single issue with the car since!

Please keep in mind - service indicator lights could be an array of issues... I am certainly not saying this is what is wrong with your car. All service indicators need to be diagnosed by professionals at your local dealer - and treated on a case by case basis.

I am merely sharing my warranty claim on my privately owned vehicle, as an individual entity of no specific affiliation.

Feel free to PM me.