• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - social media. Something new is coming for Buick owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
2013 Regal GS, Smokey Grey, auto, 19”, Nav
I just looked at the work order and did not see a part listed. I know he said it was the amp and they had to order it from the midwest. Radio works fine.

MattyT

Buick Ownership
Buick
Would you mind sending me a picture of your work order? Maybe it will have something my dealership can use.

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
a couple of months have gone by and my system popped and went blank again last week. i do not think the amplifier which was replaced has anything to do with the problem. the car is going in tomorrow morning and i am going to ask them to reflash the stereo. i believe that this is a software problem which is causing the system to not be ready when the ignition is turned on, since i have noticed that if the buick logo is on the screen, then the car acts normally when i turn it on.

Detroit, USA
a couple of months have gone by and my system popped and went blank again last week. i do not think the amplifier which was replaced has anything to do with the problem. the car is going in tomorrow morning and i am going to ask them to reflash the stereo. i believe that this is a software problem which is causing the system to not be ready when the ignition is turned on, since i have noticed that if the buick logo is on the screen, then the car acts normally when i turn it on.

Good morning shs92645,

I am very sorry for the recurring inconvenience caused by this issue with your infotainment screen. I’m glad to hear that you are working with your dealership to get this resolved, and I would be happy to offer an additional layer of assistance during the resolution process. Please feel free to PM me with your VIN, mileage, dealership name, and personal contact information if you would like to further discuss this situation.

Enjoy your day,

Austin J.
Buick Customer Care

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
Thanks Austin, but I have already touched base with the Owner's Center and have a case number just in case this is not resolved. However, I went to my dealer today and they are going to replace the radio - should have it in early next week. Hopefully that will be the end of this. I still love my car:cool:

Detroit, USA
Thanks Austin, but I have already touched base with the Owner's Center and have a case number just in case this is not resolved. However, I went to my dealer today and they are going to replace the radio - should have it in early next week. Hopefully that will be the end of this. I still love my car:cool:

Hey shs92645,

The Regal is a great vehicle, so we're very happy to hear that you love your car! We're also glad that the dealer will be replacing your radio. Please let us know how the repairs go and feel free to private message us if you have any additional questions.

Best,
Vivian K.
Buick Customer Care

shs92645

Barrington, RI
Buick Ownership
Just to let all of you know: when the problem with my audio system reoccured, I was in contact with the Buick Owners Center about it. Last week, the dealer replaced my radio and I heard from the Owners Center that they were in direct contact with my Service Advisor about this and that they are extending the warranty on the audio system. This is very impressive Customer Service on the part of Buick.

LoyalCustomer

Buick Newbie
Madison, WI
Buick Ownership
Buick
How would I go about resolving a fluctuating volume issue in my 2011 Regal? When a constant bassline is playing the system greatly raises the volume and when the bassline is complete the system gets very quiet.

MattyT

Buick Ownership
Buick
I tried for about a year to get mine fixed, they replaced the radio and the amp in my car and neither fixed it. The dealership would tell me that they couldn't hear it but it drive me crazy. I had read somewhere that one person had gotten theirs fixed by getting an updated amp but my dealership wasn't able to find anything besides the original amp. I have a feeling that the problem has to do when the system uncompresses any type of digital music but it's pure speculation. My suggestion is to find a good dealership and be prepared to spend some time with them to get it sorted out.

Michael Shannon

Buick Ownership
Buick
So, I just bought a 2011 Buick Regal CXL R6 with the Harmon Kardon radio. I have been having this issue since day 1 and I am almost about to send it back. I love this car! They replaced my amp, then replaced the head unit and it still does the same thing! Since the replaced the head unit my Nav FREEZES NOW!!! drives me mental. Have not had it 30 days yet! Dealer is awesome! they have done all they can really.. I just don't know where to go from here... Anyone find a fix to this yet?

LoyalCustomer

Buick Newbie
Madison, WI
Buick Ownership
Buick
I am still searching myself but I can not figure anything out. Has anyone tried to replace the speakers?

Looking to update and upgrade your Buick luxury automobile? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!