• Hint: Use a descriptive title for your new message
    If you're looking for help and want to draw people in who can assist you, use a descriptive subject title when posting your message. In other words, "2008 LaCrosse" isn't going to indicate to anybody that you need help. However, "Need help with my 2008 LaCrosse" will. Be as descriptive as you can. Please use common sense... This message can be closed by clicking the X in the top right corner.

Space Saver Spare Tire Size TourX Essence

stevie123

Buick Ownership
Buick
Since the spares usually live an easy life out of the elements in a dark well (no UV to age the rubber, no water/salt to rust the rims), I personally wouldn't worry about it. The spare I got was likely 12+ years old and looks factory fresh, including all the rubber flashing from the moulds indicating it was never used.
Thanks for your response. I agree that the storage area is generally protected, but I've personally experience a bad recurring water leak into my old (2012) regal and the steel wheel rusted quite badly... Also, I expect (hope) to keep my car for 10 years, so the spare would be 20+ years old at that point...

Anyway, I was quoted ~$35 for a 2006 Lasabre spare from a local junk yard. At that price, I can afford to change it out ever so often.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
I had same concerns about buying an old spare. I bought a spare and tools from a 2017 LaCrosse - it uses same spare as Sportback.

stevie123

Buick Ownership
Buick
I had same concerns about buying an old spare. I bought a spare and tools from a 2017 LaCrosse - it uses same spare as Sportback.
As far I can tell, a 2018 sportback and TourX both use 5x115 bolt pattern?
Can I assume the 2017 Lacrosse spare you brought is 17"?

mambopalace

Buick Ownership
TourX
Years ago, I had a 2005 Thunderbird Cashmere...several of the guys on the Thunderbird forum had space saver spares that blew up in the trunk. From what I understood, it is something you will never forget.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
I work in an industry where our product is rubber based. The shelf life under perfect conditions is 7 years as the rubber still age hardens.
As far I can tell, a 2018 sportback and TourX both use 5x115 bolt pattern?
Can I assume the 2017 Lacrosse spare you brought is 17"?
The Lacrosse spare is 125/70 17. There’s a few folks putting stock LaCrosse wheels on the TourX, same pattern.

1500cc

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
I work in an industry where our product is rubber based. The shelf life under perfect conditions is 7 years as the rubber still age hardens.
I understand that's the theory, but realistically a tire is nowhere close to being done after 7 years. Heck, growing up we had farm vehicles using the same tires for 25 years, and I'm sure the material science has only gotten better since then. For a spare, that has led a protected life, will most likely never need to be used, and if it does, only has to last a handful of miles, a 12 year old tire is just fine.

saab93driver

Buick Ownership
2019 TourX
I understand that's the theory, but realistically a tire is nowhere close to being done after 7 years. Heck, growing up we had farm vehicles using the same tires for 25 years, and I'm sure the material science has only gotten better since then. For a spare, that has led a protected life, will most likely never need to be used, and if it does, only has to last a handful of miles, a 12 year old tire is just fine.
Even the GM goop doesn’t last forever /has expiration date.. It’s a use at your own risk situation. If you’ve are stranded on side of
Well everything is a risk / reward. It’s all good until it isn’t. Good luck.

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Well I have driven somewhere between 750k and 1m miles and never had a blow out. So I wasn't to worried about only having a pump and goo. Famous last words. Two weeks ago I was driving to work about a mile from my house and as I came around a corner there was a rock in the road. I tried to avoid it but it blew out the tire and screwed up the wheels. Hope I get the car back Monday but who knows. All I know is a space saver is in my future.

VTSummit

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
I got a spare from a junkyard out of a 2017 with 7K miles on it- there's very little market for the temp spares, so they're happy to move them for cash. Fits great. There is a crapload of storage under the floor on the Left side if you modify the foam floor support. I have a full spares kit with tools, spare bulbs, fuses, plug kit, fix-a-flat, mini compressor, jack, shop towels, gloves and even a small tarp and rain suit. All under the floor, out of sight. Spare fits perfectly- tight, but fine. Sub fits fine.

VTSummit

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX
2017 what model? How much did you pay and did you get the jack and wrench as well?
Pretty sure it was an Enclave... the guy pulled it before I got there, but it looked like an Enclave. I paid $40 for it. I had a jack from another car and I use an extending breaker bar and a deep socket instead of the stock tools. We checked the specs on the spare to make sure it was compatible, and it is.

stevie123

Buick Ownership
Buick
Pretty sure it was an Enclave... the guy pulled it before I got there, but it looked like an Enclave. I paid $40 for it. I had a jack from another car and I use an extending breaker bar and a deep socket instead of the stock tools. We checked the specs on the spare to make sure it was compatible, and it is.
Hmmm, it shouldn't be an Enclave unless the www.wheel-size.com is wrong in saying the Enclave is 6x134 (Our wheel is 5x115) Maybe you mean the Envision (slightly smaller than the Enclave). Its not the Encore (smallest Buick SUV) which uses 5x105.

murf5048

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Tourx Essence C1&2, Sights & Sounds
18" will NOT fit in the spare tire wheel well. The 125/70:17 will fit.

I got mine from a Recycling Center (junk yard) off of a late model 2000's Buick. Also got the jack from the same recycled car. Fits in wheel well upside down including Woofer and jack.
If it wouldn’t be too much trouble, would u mind posting a picture showing the spare, tools and subwoofer? I’m in process of getting prices from dealer on spare tire kit that fits TourX and want to be sure it fits with the subwoofer.....I do understand the styrofoam has to be taken out! Thanks very much.

1500cc

Buick Ownership
2018 Regal GS
If it wouldn’t be too much trouble, would u mind posting a picture showing the spare, tools and subwoofer? I’m in process of getting prices from dealer on spare tire kit that fits TourX and want to be sure it fits with the subwoofer.....I do understand the styrofoam has to be taken out! Thanks very much.
If it helps, here's mine in my GS. The tire goes in upside down, the front end first, then I have to push the back end down to get it to squeak into the well. The grey fabric on the left is the wrapping the jack, the green is wrapping the handle, and the OEM pump is at the top-right. There was no place for the goop, but then again I shouldn't need it. The floor still sits down flat on top of it all.

murf5048

Buick Ownership
2019 Buick Tourx Essence C1&2, Sights & Sounds
If it helps, here's mine in my GS. The tire goes in upside down, the front end first, then I have to push the back end down to get it to squeak into the well. The grey fabric on the left is the wrapping the jack, the green is wrapping the handle, and the OEM pump is at the top-right. There was no place for the goop, but then again I shouldn't need it. The floor still sits down flat on top of it all.

Awesome! Thanks so much! Not trusting the goop....as long as spare fits that’s what I’m getting! Your photo says it all! Thanks again!

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
Does anyone know if the 9594807 wheel fits? It is a black painted aluminum 5 spoke 17x4 rim but while I can confirm the vehicles they list are 5x115 bolt pattern I am not sure if the offset is OK. Has anyone tried one of these? I haven't been having much luck with junk yards or local tire shops to get one. All the ones I am finding have the wrong size tire but I can always switch that out if the rest fits.

stevie123

Buick Ownership
Buick
Does anyone know if the 9594807 wheel fits? It is a black painted aluminum 5 spoke 17x4 rim but while I can confirm the vehicles they list are 5x115 bolt pattern I am not sure if the offset is OK. Has anyone tried one of these? I haven't been having much luck with junk yards or local tire shops to get one. All the ones I am finding have the wrong size tire but I can always switch that out if the rest fits.
All indications say this should work, since the specs matches the other spares previously listed. Do you mind sharing the source and price? I've also been unlucky in trying to track down a 17" spare in SE Michigan. I visited the big scrap yard in Pontiac and Sterling Heights with no luck. I also looked in the big Toronto area junk yard network without luck. In my search, I found there are a bunch of late model Buicks (2017+) that work, and a bunch of older 2006-2011 era Buick/Caddy that work as well, but chances are, the steel wheel in the trunk will be rusted at the junk yard since the trunks are generally open...and these cars are 10+ years old...

I did find a local used car part dealer that will sell this spare wheel+tire for $100-150... I'm still hopeful in 2 other junk yards before I go to this dealer.

Buick Ownership
New Tourx Owner
The spare tire the oem part number is 84095141 for the 17X4 inch wheel. Tire rack sell the tire for around$60. A spare from a 2006Buick Lucerne or a Cadillac DTS 2006-2011 125/70/17 fits with room for a jack and tools.
The OEM jack part number is 23455285 $34.02 from Tasca parts (as of 9/16/18)

Wlepse

NNJ
Buick Ownership
2018 Regal TourX Essence
I guess what I am worried about is when you go to a GM site and put in the P/N and cross reference to Regal TourX it says it won't fit. But I am not sure if this just means it wasn't a stock part for that car versus won't actually fit. I guess my main concern is that our rotors and calipers may interfere with the aluminum rim since typically they can't be shaped the same as a steel wheel.

I found a few of these listed with 145/70's for about $100 shipped like this one: 2005-2007 Cadillac STS T145/70R17Spare Wheel OEM #9594807 USED IN GOOD CONDITION | eBay
Like I said I would just swap out the tire for a few bucks locally. I don't need the jack and tools as I do have spares of those I can use.

Buick Ownership
New Tourx Owner
It shows a not fit because there is no spare ever listed for the Tourx. This is the part number for the Sportback which does include a spare when the sub woofer is not ordered. If you open the parts diagram you can compare that the sportback and Tourx have common part numbers.

Pedal Commander